Guys, do you like it when the woman makes the first move?

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    so what you are telling me you isn't an emotional, hormonal 21 year old that feels ugly when her friends all get hit on in public and she's the fat one. awesome info. :laugh:

hey wanna get a beer sometime? :drinker:

hmm....
    Well I am 36, and I feel ugly, so we have that in common... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

but I don't drink...sorry.
    Coffee would be more my thing
  • MityMax96
    Options
    . (Still basically had to shout it in my face)

pretty much what my wife did :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    so what you are telling me you isn't an emotional, hormonal 21 year old that feels ugly when her friends all get hit on in public and she's the fat one. awesome info. :laugh:

hmm....
    Well I am 36, and I feel ugly, so we have that in common... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i find that hard to believe. you're only like, what? 6 hours away. we can meet in the middle for coffee and i can cry and tell you all my problems. we'll be bffs. you better drink your coffee black. i don't like coffee ruiners.
  • jeralank
    jeralank Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, unquestionably, without a shadow of a doubt YES!!!

Nothing sexier than a woman that knows what she wants and goes after it...
  • MityMax96
    Options

hmm....

i find that hard to believe. you're only like, what? 6 hours away. we can meet in the middle for coffee and i can cry and tell you all my problems. we'll be bffs. you better drink your coffee black. i don't like coffee ruiners.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    never been able to do straight black coffee....

Find what hard to believe??
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    Options

hmm....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    never been able to do straight black coffee....

Find what hard to believe??

i can't put crap in my coffee. it's just not right.

that you think you're ugly. but i guess everyone has doubts.
  • MityMax96
    Options

I do....
    Until my wife, I had never dated.....or kissed a girl.
    Like I said earlier.....I was/am very shy around women.....and I am not a good talker.
    So put me around a woman, and one I might be interested in.....then I would be like Raj on Big Bang
    And we met when I was like 19
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    Options

I do....
    Like I said earlier.....I was/am very shy around women.....and I am not a good talker.
    So put me around a woman, and one I might be interested in.....then I would be like Raj on Big Bang

awww that's all romantic and ****. i'm happy for you. i bet she feels really special that she was your first date/kiss and such. there is nothing wrong with that.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It seems so different nowadays! Men are a lot more shy and wanting the women to approach, eh??

Well let's face it....
    Why wouldn't they??

Men in the media/hollywood are depicted as dumb idiots.....
    But what about the theory that men like to chase and pursue...does that not hold true anymore? If women are the one's making the first move it defeats the purpose of the chase right?? :)
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    In theory, I like it.

In practice, I've had women pursue me and it never worked out. I felt flattered, but not particularly interested (and a few were pretty hot). Go figure.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wish I had that problem.
    LOL, certainly didn't mean to imply I was a mega-pimp.

I'm fairly shy too, and got some body image problems on top of that, but it really is more of a confidence boost (at least for me) to approach a girl and get a thumbs-up than to be approached. Like I said, go figure.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    It seems so different nowadays! Men are a lot more shy and wanting the women to approach, eh??

Well let's face it....
    Why wouldn't they??

Men in the media/hollywood are depicted as dumb idiots.....
    But what about the theory that men like to chase and pursue...does that not hold true anymore? If women are the one's making the first move it defeats the purpose of the chase right?? :)

I guess it depends on the guy actually......
    I wouldn't pursue myself.....
    Cause if I were to ask and she said no and made it hard.....
    Then that would confirm my assumptions, and so I would shut up and move on.....
    And feel like one HUGE IDIOT
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I try to sit back and assess the situation a bit. If the guy I'm interested seems like he wants to be the aggressor, then I will put out the hints, flirt it up a bit and wait for a day or so. If it seems like he is interested by not sure if he should ask, then I will do it.

And then every now and again, I throw caution to the wind and just go for it! :laugh:
  • MityMax96
    Options

I do....

awww that's all romantic and ****. i'm happy for you. i bet she feels really special that she was your first date/kiss and such. there is nothing wrong with that.

Maybe....

She don't have to be concerned with ex's that is for sure..... :laugh: :laugh:
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options

I do....

SERIOUSLY! I have just taken a sneek peek at your pics and I wouldnt kick you out of bed..... Hubby might not approve, but your your a mightly fine looking specimin of a man.
  • MityMax96
    Options

I do....

SERIOUSLY! I have just taken a sneek peek at your pics and I wouldnt kick you out of bed..... Hubby might not approve, but your your a mightly fine looking specimin of a man.

Very serious.

With my hand raised.

I didn't date, was really goofy looking coming out of HS
    Had bad acne, so very insecure and felt I looked like crap......

Finally about 18 I started getting my acne under control, and I had started putting on some weight from lifting....
    But I still had the image of myself in HS.
    So I never approached women.....
    So I never dated....and thus never kissed anyone.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I mostly did this in my teens, when it was painfully obvious that the guy I liked also was interested in me but too shy to do anything about it. Worked out extremely well 90% of the time. Usually these teen boys were relieved. One of them I dated for a couple years.

There was only one guy, a coworker of mine back in college, I asked out to coffee and he said "No I don't like coffee that much"...about 15 years later I ran into that guy and while talking, he told me that he totally kicked himself later when he realized I may have just wanted to hang out. Dense! haha

ETA: It slipped my mind...but actually I did this much more recently, on a dating site. I had NEVER messaged a guy first on any site, until my now-husband.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    he told me that he totally kicked himself later when he realized I may have just wanted to hang out. Dense! haha

Yep, that right there......

A lot of guys just don't realize these things.....
    we don't pick up on them
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Just as the title states.

And by "first move," I mean, asking you to hang out/go out.
    Yep, but doesn't need to be 100% of the time. Equal rights, "variety is the spice of life", and all that.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Women should be strong and confident. I don't see anything wrong with it. Unless it gets to the crazy stalker woman level. Then, theres a problem!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    There was only one guy, a coworker of mine back in college, I asked out to coffee and he said "No I don't like coffee that much"...about 15 years later I ran into that guy and while talking, he told me that he totally kicked himself later when he realized I may have just wanted to hang out. Dense! haha
    Yeah, back in the day, I could totally picture me having that kinda 'dense derp' moment, especially since I don't like coffee-anything. I probably didn't get a clue until I was well past 30.