Guys, do you like it when the woman makes the first move?

Options

Replies

• kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i am married now, and happily. when i was single i was WAY too shy to ask the guy out. i would be too afraid of rejection. so, i want the guy to ask me. now that i am married, i am more assertive with what i want from my husband. he doesn't usually have any problem complying with me. LOL
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    well, yes I did make the first move.
    walked up to him, said hey and gave him my #. Told him to call if he wanted to hang out.
    now we're happily married.

and sometimes I still have to, but I really enjoy taking that control.
  • Sirrunsalot75
    Sirrunsalot75 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Who does't like a confident woman who makes the first move.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It seems so different nowadays! Men are a lot more shy and wanting the women to approach, eh??

Well let's face it....
    Why wouldn't they??

Men in the media/hollywood are depicted as dumb idiots.....
    But what about the theory that men like to chase and pursue...does that not hold true anymore? If women are the one's making the first move it defeats the purpose of the chase right?? :)

I'm reminded of predatory animals in cages at zoo's and circuses and vegas who are given their meat, rather than hunt it.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    It seems so different nowadays! Men are a lot more shy and wanting the women to approach, eh??

Well let's face it....
    Why wouldn't they??

But what about the theory that men like to chase and pursue...does that not hold true anymore? If women are the one's making the first move it defeats the purpose of the chase right?? :)

I'm reminded of predatory animals in cages at zoo's and circuses and vegas who are given their meat, rather than hunt it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    So now we are predatory animals???

Damn, that hurts.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    First move never bother's me. Women can be very aggressive towards me where I am, so I'm use to it. Although I do get uncomfortable when its a female who is barely older than my daughter. :huh:

Its the second move if "Cray-Cray" that bothers me...
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Man: "Hi."

Woman: "F*** off!"

That's why we don't make a move anymore!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    There was only one guy, a coworker of mine back in college, I asked out to coffee and he said "No I don't like coffee that much"...about 15 years later I ran into that guy and while talking, he told me that he totally kicked himself later when he realized I may have just wanted to hang out. Dense! haha
    Yeah, back in the day, I could totally picture me having that kinda 'dense derp' moment, especially since I don't like coffee-anything. I probably didn't get a clue until I was well past 30.

Which is why i've decided if I ever do make the first move to ask a guy out, i must be CLEAR...wanna go bump uglies? This puts me in a conundrum though because during the date he might turn out to be someone I do NOT want to share enzymes with after all. So it's a hardie. For sure.

^ that was only reason #3214 why I can't bring myself to make the first move. There are like a million others.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Well let's face it....
    Why wouldn't they??

Is womenz season open again?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Well let's face it....
    Why wouldn't they??

Is womenz season open again?

maxresdefault.jpg

tumblr_l4uhvv0dro1qzzh6g.jpg
    swingers-welcome.jpg
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    i pretty much always make the first move. it goes well 90% of the time. but unfortunately, it's starting to make me think no men are interested in me and they just say yes because they have nothing better to do because i'm always the one that has to approach, so that blows.

But wouldn't that be the same thing for the guy then???

If he makes the first move, and then you say yes......because you have nothing better to do?

no. it's "normal" for a guy to make the first move. he's doing it because he's interested and she's saying yes because she's interested. that's the way it works. men have "learned" to approach women they are interested in. so if you are a girl and you've NEVER been approached, there is something wrong with you, because it's what men are "supposed" to do. if you're a guy who has never been approached, that's normal because women were taught not to approach.

(i used all the "" because that's in a stereotypical world where men approach and women do not)

And thus stereo types are the problem....

Cause for me, I fail to see the difference between the two scenarios

Thousands of years of women being thought of less than a man and bought and sold for family gain have essentially been switched up in just the last few decades. Both genders are going to fumble around with the new dynamic a bit.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Who wouldn't like it if someone came up to them, told them they were attractive (or whatever) and invited them somewhere?

Seems to me that if you wait around for someone else to make the move, you are potentially missing out on something great because a guy was focusing on job stress (or something other than being social) at the point a woman notices him.

i haven't read this thread, just chiming in.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Would like to report back, since I'm the OP!

I made a move. I could tell he was really flattered, and he said he liked me. But... interested in someone else and apparently has been for a while, I guess I just didn't pick up on it since he never mentioned it until I Had the guts to ask. It hurt. Hearts broken. But I'll rebound!
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Would like to report back, since I'm the OP!

I made a move. I could tell he was really flattered, and he said he liked me. But... interested in someone else and apparently has been for a while, I guess I just didn't pick up on it since he never mentioned it until I Had the guts to ask. It hurt. Hearts broken. But I'll rebound!

You win some you lose some.
    Keep on truckin.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Don't mind if they do, but I do like to lead more than follow.

Well, unless we are roll playing.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    So if I started sending friends requests to the guys on this stream does that mean I'd get more male MFP friends because I've initiated the move....
  • jennyjcss
    jennyjcss Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    So if I started sending friends requests to the guys on this stream does that mean I'd get more male MFP friends because I've initiated the move....

Hahaha!! Now that's priceless remark. What do you say..Shy guys?? Want us to initiate? ;P~
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Yeah I like it. Either way he makes it or she does. As long as somebody does.