Biggest Loser Finale...what is going on??

Options
CLD79
CLD79 Posts: 53 Member
Ok, I am normally a fan of Biggest Loser, but tonight is kind of disturbing to me. Maybe it is just where I am at in my head, but I am wondering if anyone else who is watching is thinking the same thing. Do the contestants look a little sickly to anyone else? I am seeing 2 of the 3 contenders for the grand prize and Allison Sweeney looks obese standing next to them and she is by no means a large woman. Some of the contestants even look tiny next to the trainers. Is it just me or does anyone else think so too?

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ...I was waiting for a thread to start about this. Rachel...wow. This show has officially taken a turn for the worst. Yeah, I am pretty disappointed.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen it.. Maybe I should catch up? What season is this on, anyway??
  • dakotababy
    Options
    Basically...it looks like she lost all of her muscle. I think she looked WAY healthier before the finale.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    A MFP friend just posted about this! From the pictures coming up during searches, they look good! However, this MIGHT be from previous times, not the finale episode. Anybody have a link to this BL people?
  • dakotababy
    Options
    A MFP friend just posted about this! From the pictures coming up during searches, they look good! However, this MIGHT be from previous times, not the finale episode. Anybody have a link to this BL people?

I just did a search and there is no photos up yet, but I can imagine there will be tons in the next hour or so.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Basically...it looks like she lost all of her muscle. I think she looked WAY healthier before the finale.
    Oh no, the "skinny fat" has hit the silver screen...

-must watch this-
    Grrrr, feel bad for them for not properly being educated on it..
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I stopped watching several seasons ago when the woman who won basically admitted after the fact she got herself 15 pounds underweight to win the money. She looked awful (gaunt). I used to find it inspiring until I actually started losing weight myself - then I realized how unrealistic and unhealthy of an example they're setting.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Rachel looks too thin @105 lbs!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Gasped when I saw Rachel. The others look typical for a finale... but her loss is extreme... and the trainers knew it...
  • lbrown73
    lbrown73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Rachel looked unhealthy to me. I looked up her height and her final weight, and she is underweight according to the BMI Calculator. I'm scared for her!
  • dakotababy
    Options
    I stopped watching several seasons ago when the woman who won basically admitted after the fact she got herself 15 pounds underweight to win the money. She looked awful (gaunt). I used to find it inspiring until I actually started losing weight myself - then I realized how unrealistic and unhealthy of an example they're setting.

This is exactly what I believe happened tonight. The girl who won, Rachel, looks incredibly ill and like she went too far to win the money. :(
  • CLD79
    Options
    She looked healthy before the finale. She looked athletic. Now...I don't know, I am usuallythe first to say way to go to weight loss, especially for that magnitude of a loss...but she looked sickly..You are right she lost all her muscle.
  • dakotababy
    Options
    Gasped when I saw Rachel. The others look typical for a finale... but her loss is extreme... and the trainers knew it...

I know! did you see Jillians reaction?
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Rachel stats are 5'4" and final weigh in 105 lbs. She won 250,000 thousand bucks. A quarter of a Million dollars.

She lost 59%-and-change of her original obesity.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options

I just did a search and there is no photos up yet, but I can imagine there will be tons in the next hour or so.

Ok, that explains it. I saw her at 150 and thought she looked fantastic! Maybe a BIT more if she wanted (toning, I mean, and I do mean slight, since I am working hard toward that size), but hell, she was golden at that weight. Thanks for the update I'm scared to see how she looks now....
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Yep the look on the trainers faces said it all!
  • kampshm
    kampshm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I totally agree...I was very disappointed with how Rachel looked....she looked severely underweight. She was much healthier looking when she was on the Ranch. There was like nothing left to her arms. And Bobby did look a little thin too but not quite as bad. The only one that looked really healthy and fit was the dad, David. He looked like he had it figured out.
  • lgardhouse
    lgardhouse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So unfortunate. I thought Rachael looked great when she was leaving the ranch! I know its a competition and she wanted to win, she demonstrated how competitive she was throughout the whole season. Biggest Loser will be talked about a lot in the coming days...
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Gotta go watch now ... yikes.
  • CLD79
    Options
    I honestly think that this is the end of Biggest Loser tonight. There is no way to hide the unhealthy nature of the show anymore.