Biggest Loser Finale...what is going on??

Options

Replies

• MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What if it turns out she has an undiagnosed illness and thinks she lost the weight solely because of dieting?

Are they checked by doctors along the way?
  • yukifer
    Options
    They should change the winner to whomever loses the largest percentage of body fat. Rather than weight.

She tripped going up the stairs tonight and didn't even know she had won. She needs a glass of water and some EFAs. However, I do think she just did it for the money and will be right back on track to becoming her athletic self. She seems SO incredibly competitive.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched Biggest Loser in years, but it comes on in 5 minutes on the West Coast so I think I'll watch to see what everyone's talking about!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I was very disappointed tonight.....I have been a fan of Rachel's all season but tonight she looked bad.....sickly and anorexic.....not a fan of the turn it took tonight.
  • 78carriejohanna
    78carriejohanna Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I Just Watched The Finale Tonight. Rachel Looked Bad Under Weight. Didn't That Doctor Say She Was 5Pounds Away From An Athletic Weight? I Thought Bobby Was Extreme Then Rachel CAme Out. All I Thought Was Holy Crap Nooooo!!!
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just ending here. How long did they diet?
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched Biggest Loser in years, but it comes on in 5 minutes on the West Coast so I think I'll watch to see what everyone's talking about!

It was a really great finale, all told, but one contestant in particular appears to have gone from unhealthily overweight to unhealthily underweight. Kind of put a dark mark on the whole show to be honest.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    k4PgXPO.jpg

Took this pic to show someone else. That one clip they played from the end of the time at the ranch put her at 19% BF. She looked terrible at the finale but she won the cash and hopefully she plans on putting some weight on.

Saw this thread in the sidebar earlier, and decided to check it out.

Oh no! That comparison pic says it all. In the before pic, she looks fat but like she also had a lot of muscle (look at the shape of her calves). And in the after picture, it's clear that she's down to mostly bone and tendons!

I wish MFP could sit down with the show's producers and say "We need to talk. Something has to be done so this isn't allowed to occur in the future."
  • cdfitness200
    cdfitness200 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This was my favorite season... Right up until a player went from one unhealthy lifestyle to another. So incredibly sad.
  • briannashaw_
    briannashaw_ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Um, did NO ONE see when she fell? I thought she was gonna break. She lost ALL muscle mass. Her legs even look deformed. She looked perfect on the last episode. Smh. I hope they don't allow her on the today show and wendy williams looking like that. They need to do something NOW! Other than that, everyone else did wonderful, and Tumi looked amazing! Congrats to her! I loved the season too, too bad it ended like this.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a picture or screen shot of this? Unfortunately NBC doesn't come in on my TV's bunny ears/digital receiver :(
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    BfruRCcIYAAPppn.jpg
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    BfruRCcIYAAPppn.jpg

That disclaimer in the screen shot is the ultimate irony. This is not about health anymore...it's about something selfish.
  • dmvarner
    dmvarner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think so many of the contestants deserve a huge kudos and wow...the work and lifestyle changes was very inspiring to me. I went into the finale hoping for Jay to take the at home and Rachel to take the final three grand prize.

With that said...holy wowza to Tumi. She looked amazing and I am so happy for her and the other contestants. She deserves that prize!! Though I also am super happy for Holly(sp) and was super impressed and giggling over her action and potential gift to Bob and his reaction.

The final three all kind,of shocked me. I thought Bobby just lost all muscle he was gaining and went on to just drop as much as he could weight wise for that percentage. Then Rachel came out and my mouth dropped open..my first thought was that is not her, then is she ok, then is she anorexic. I truly hope she just leaned out from working out extra and trying to win, and also that the show would check to see if she was healthy before putting her on air as a final contestant and role model/inspiration to so many. Based off of Bob & Jillian's facial expressions when she walked out, I am not so sure that she is on the side of healthy. I also am wondering why they didn't show Dolvett since wasn't he her coach? Rachel impressed me all season which is why I was rooting for her to win, so I am happy for her, but I truly hope she is ok, healthy and that the show is looking out for the contestants.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Rachel looks terrible. I hope that she gains some weight back.
  • sarajaap
    sarajaap Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more! They should have warned the trainers so they could address the issue.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Basically...it looks like she lost all of her muscle. I think she looked WAY healthier before the finale.
    This!