Spinning my wheels

Options
12346»

Replies

• amyg39
    amyg39 Posts: 12
    Options
    Stop trying to fix this yourself, it TRULY sounds as if you need to see someone or talk to someone or be accountable to someone for not eating enough. You are way too skinny and, if you want to gain muscle…you will HAVE to gain some weight back. Just out of curiosity…how much did you actually weigh at the beginning of this journey…given your fear…it seems like you weighed a lot. I would say that (based upon that guess) that it would take an awful lot of excessive calories to get anywhere near where I bet you started. Maybe it would help you to figure out how many excessive calories it would take you to gain back (to a "bad" weight ) and divide it by a specific number of days so that you can see you have a REALLY long way to go to being too overweight again.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment booked with my GP , so ya I am seeking professional help I know what has to be done
    I'm just here to look for support really because I've met some quiet understanding people on this forum and sometimes a few words from them can transform my day and give me some strength again

I suppose I post here so I don't feel alone , I have admitted to struggling and some days are better than others and today just happens to be bad but I will too get past this

Well done for setting up an appointment - that is a great step and it can take a lot of courage just to get to a place where you can do just that.

You're not alone in what you are going through and you certainly don't need to suffer in silence. I think it's important to remember that you don't need to be perfect, just consistent. If your good days outweigh your bad days then you are ahead of the game.

We're human - perfect in our imperfections.
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Well, glad you have made an appointment and hope that works out well, as believe me, I have lost decades of life to this sort of issue and you could one day look back and experience the grief of so many lost years. Best to nip it in the bud now so you can go forward with your life.

thank you! i appreciate your input , i was afraid of facing the reality but I am afraid of these bad days getting the better of me again
  • MACnificence
    Options
    Stop trying to fix this yourself, it TRULY sounds as if you need to see someone or talk to someone or be accountable to someone for not eating enough. You are way too skinny and, if you want to gain muscle…you will HAVE to gain some weight back. Just out of curiosity…how much did you actually weigh at the beginning of this journey…given your fear…it seems like you weighed a lot. I would say that (based upon that guess) that it would take an awful lot of excessive calories to get anywhere near where I bet you started. Maybe it would help you to figure out how many excessive calories it would take you to gain back (to a "bad" weight ) and divide it by a specific number of days so that you can see you have a REALLY long way to go to being too overweight again.

I know i wont become that person over night but still dont see myself as skinny ! i was 196Ibs so ya ALOT..
    but i think my biggest problem is i dont see the skinny girl yet .. i know im not fat because im fitting into kids clothes but find it hard to call myself skinny - i actually hate that word I dont even want to be referred to as skinny
  • MACnificence
    Options
    I have an appointment booked with my GP , so ya I am seeking professional help I know what has to be done
    I'm just here to look for support really because I've met some quiet understanding people on this forum and sometimes a few words from them can transform my day and give me some strength again

I suppose I post here so I don't feel alone , I have admitted to struggling and some days are better than others and today just happens to be bad but I will too get past this

Well done for setting up an appointment - that is a great step and it can take a lot of courage just to get to a place where you can do just that.

You're not alone in what you are going through and you certainly don't need to suffer in silence. I think it's important to remember that you don't need to be perfect, just consistent. If your good days outweigh your bad days then you are ahead of the game.

We're human - perfect in our imperfections.

Booking the appointment was hard but i get a lump in my throat even thinking about telling her my problem
    well i think ive made small progress all the same because i have every intention of actually taking my calories up over 1500 next week, first time ive actually been determined to get them over 1500 before id say it to myself but i never really believed it myself
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Booking the appointment was hard but i get a lump in my throat even thinking about telling her my problem
    well i think ive made small progress all the same because i have every intention of actually taking my calories up over 1500 next week, first time ive actually been determined to get them over 1500 before id say it to myself but i never really believed it myself
    Well done booking the appointment! This may sound dumb, but write it down beforehand in very plain language, then have that with you at the appointment in case you can't say it. It can be really tempting to try to soften the issue when you're talking about it, so it goes from "I'm very afraid of gaining weight, to the point that I'm not eating enough and I'm concerned about my health" to "I sometimes feel like I'm not always eating quite enough calories everyday," and then the doctor doesn't get the full scope of the problem. If it comes down to it, you can hand her the piece of paper and let her read it. She'll understand.