tattoo argument with spouse

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Brb. Gotta pick up my gf from school soon.

Anyway, I already won back on page 6 or something where I brought up the genetic Testosterone based Leader/Follower Alpha/Beta dynamic and everyone flipped out and started making fun of me for using big words.

Stay classy ladies.

Omg. she's still in high school? Dude...and you are 27? Dude....just :sick:

No, he's not.

He's 19.

Are you sure?

he's older than 19... he said at one point that his age would be a deal breaker, but the teeny boppers over look it because he is just so damn good looking.

Orrrrr

He's just lying because he's trying to impress us all. :laugh:

Either way it's really sad and pathetic. (seriously, have you SEEN his videos? OMFG.:laugh: )
    Where are these videos???
  • howcanthatbetakenalready
    Options
    You guys are doing it wrong. He already doesn't exist to me.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Uuugg. fighting with the husband over as yet non-existent tattoo = really dumb argument!!!
    So what if I'm honest and like the fact 90% of the people I know won't see my tattoo coming. I'm still getting it for me. It Doesn't mean I can't enjoy just a little shock value...right?
    He said its a life changing thing. I can't possibly know what its like. That set me off! Oh really!?! like, altering my body beyond recognition to have a child??? that kind of life altering thing??? Lets see...Choosing a piece of art versus my body conforming to accommodate a child... yep I'll take the 100% my choice art work thanks.
    Really I only had 3 beers lol.
    I suppose you need to decide what is more important to you.
    Your husband or your tattoo.

The tattoo would never make her decide that tho.

I choose tattoo.
    A tattoo is incapable of making a decision...
    I can't believe I even have to explain this....
  • digitalbill
    Options
    Anyone told you to divorce him yet?

LOL no I don't think so. most who have been replying for a while have seen my apology for writing in at 3am and not putting my dyslexia in check. ( wow. I've told more people about my learning disability this morning than I think I have in my whole life. LOL )

The post was a vent about how silly our argument was.
    My husband is not telling me not to get a tattoo. he is very supportive. He was questioning my motives.
    I went very far off in left filed and brought in childbirth... probably thanks to having a few too many beers.
    Admittedly the post was in poor judgment all around. again, sorry.
    Honestly if I could take back this post I almost would though some of it has been entertaining as hell!

As for the augment... We have both laughed about it this morning. He admitted he is well aware I have strong personal motives for wanting a tattoo. he was more or less getting my goat / just in the mood to argue last night.
    Wait...
    So, the end result is that your Husband now doesn't really care about you getting the ink?

Just to make my point, it is not about the tattoo itself, it is about what is worth fighting for.
    what your priorities are.
    I am not saying that you should cater to his every whim but, depending on how strongly HE feels about it compared to how strongly YOU feel about it, well... only you can decide if getting (ink, motorcycle, plastic surgery, ect) is worth it.
  • digitalbill
    Options

Anyway, I already won back on page 6 or something where I brought up the genetic Testosterone based Leader/Follower Alpha/Beta dynamic and everyone flipped out and started making fun of me for using big words.

Stay classy ladies.
    I don't think anyone is making fun of you for using big words.
    I think everyone is making fun of you because you are a *kitten*.
    That would be my guess anyway.
    On a side note, you are a very pretty young man.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Stay classy ladies.

Omg. she's still in high school? Dude...and you are 27? Dude....just :sick:

No, he's not.

He's 19.

Are you sure?

he's older than 19... he said at one point that his age would be a deal breaker, but the teeny boppers over look it because he is just so damn good looking.

So he's a statutory rapist? So not only is he sad, but the only girls who will touch him are jailbait? Wow.......
    This is what I thought, too. Supporting statutory rape really should be a ban-able offense, really.

It's funny because once my sons turned 18, they would only date older females to be sure to avoid SR charges.
    AND my kids use pronoun agreement.

Such a NutellaBater.
  • howcanthatbetakenalready
    Options
    Anyone told you to divorce him yet?

LOL no I don't think so. most who have been replying for a while have seen my apology for writing in at 3am and not putting my dyslexia in check. ( wow. I've told more people about my learning disability this morning than I think I have in my whole life. LOL )

The post was a vent about how silly our argument was.
    My husband is not telling me not to get a tattoo. he is very supportive. He was questioning my motives.
    I went very far off in left filed and brought in childbirth... probably thanks to having a few too many beers.
    Admittedly the post was in poor judgment all around. again, sorry.
    Honestly if I could take back this post I almost would though some of it has been entertaining as hell!

As for the augment... We have both laughed about it this morning. He admitted he is well aware I have strong personal motives for wanting a tattoo. he was more or less getting my goat / just in the mood to argue last night.
    Wait...
    So, the end result is that your Husband now doesn't really care about you getting the ink?

Just to make my point, it is not about the tattoo itself, it is about what is worth fighting for.
    what your priorities are.
    I am not saying that you should cater to his every whim but, depending on how strongly HE feels about it compared to how strongly YOU feel about it, well... only you can decide if getting (ink, motorcycle, plastic surgery, ect) is worth it.

I get the feeling you have fought it out with a significant other many times.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Just FYI: this thread is very close to rolling.
    Anyone wanna roll it before you-know-who gets back from cruising the elementary school parking lot?
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I didn't know if you ladies knew this or not, but the "man" you've been conversing with is a Bieber fan. He got his undies in a bunch with me a while back because I disagreed with him that Bieber was "respectable and admirable." So if 27-year-old Justin Bieber fans actually exist, then he just might be 27. But I'm inclined to agree with the posters who doubt that he has given his real age. Have fun!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I didn't know if you ladies knew this or not, but the "man" you've been conversing with is a Bieber fan. He got his undies in a bunch with me a while back because I disagreed with him that Bieber was "respectable and admirable." So if 27-year-old Justin Bieber fans actually exist, then he just might be 27. But I'm inclined to agree with the posters who doubt that he has given his real age. Have fun!

He seems awfully jaded if he is a teenager... Maybe he hates his mother.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    I want the roll!!!!!
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I feel like I missed a lot between pages 3 and 20...... who's doing what now? Catch me up!
  • marypatmccue
    Options
    Also -- I really loved the comment circa 1952 about listening to the hubby so he would be her only one... Can I borrow someone's baby and get barefoot in the kitchen to bake a pie??
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options

Hmm. Interesting. My tattoo says I made it 3 years post cancer and I need a 4th Bird since technically I've made it 4 now.

One fantastic reason for ink! Congrats. I have friends who have tats for this very reason.

To cover surgical scars is another.

Thanks hun. I am working on a design now for the 4th and 5th year which I plan to get on my 5th year cancerversary. I love defiling my body with ink. ;) I feel pretty, oh so pretty,,,,,
  • marypatmccue
    Options
    YOU GOT THE ROLL! Congrats :flowerforyou: :love:
  • _Robert
    Options
    What an amazing reason to have a tattoo :)

I had an alwful experience that I have finally just started to get sorted out (yesterday) I am covering a nasty tribal design with a full sleeve of blackwork!
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    YOU GOT THE ROLL! Congrats :flowerforyou: :love:

:drinker:
    Wow, thanks. That's never happened to me. I want to thank Nutellabrah for getting me so irritated today and I want to thank Jeebus...lmfao...what'd I win?
  • digitalbill
    Options
    [/quote]
    Well, not MANY times but, enough during my 15 years of being married that I know a bit about it.
    I wanted another motorcycle after I got hit on my last one.
    I really wanted one.
    My wife REALLY did NOT want me to have one.
    I am not motorcycleless.
    Her feelings were stronger than mine were.
    She wanted a Tattoo.... I REALLY did not want her to get one.
    She is inkless. My feelings were stonger than hers on that one.
    Most of the times, neither one of us care too much. I want her to get a minivan, she doesn't want a minivan... fine.. no minivan.
    I want a Jeep... She isn't crazy about the idea.... I have a new Jeep.
    I suppose it is a matter of picking which fights you want to fight about.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Well, not MANY times but, enough during my 15 years of being married that I know a bit about it.
    I wanted another motorcycle after I got hit on my last one.
    I really wanted one.
    My wife REALLY did NOT want me to have one.
    I am not motorcycleless.
    Her feelings were stronger than mine were.
    She wanted a Tattoo.... I REALLY did not want her to get one.
    She is inkless. My feelings were stonger than hers on that one.
    Most of the times, neither one of us care too much. I want her to get a minivan, she doesn't want a minivan... fine.. no minivan.
    I want a Jeep... She isn't crazy about the idea.... I have a new Jeep.

You seem to win more than she does... And on bigger pricier things.

Congrats. :)

On a side note.. When I decided on my tattoo, I discussed it with my husband. If he had been hugely opposed to it, I would not have gotten it. Not because I was his slave, or he my master, but rather because he had to see it every time I took off my top.

If I'd gotten it, and he had been hugely against it... Every time he saw it, it would be a reminder that his opinion did not matter.

And it did.

Now that we're apart, this testimony to my girls is a part of me, and my new love will need to be willing to embrace it as part of me.

And he totally does.