Any geeks?

Options

Replies

• j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Gamer since the days of commodore 64 - biggest time sinks include Civilization I, Shining force I and II, FF7
    Magic the Gathering player
    Hardcore MUD player back in the day... Muds should come with a health warning - more addictive than heroin!
    Fantasy fan (Wheel of time, LoTR)

Feel free to add!

Wait....you said MUD and Wheel of Time together. Did you ever combine the two?
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sure did! Ta'Maral'Ailen - Web of Destiny MUD
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sure did! Ta'Maral'Ailen - Web of Destiny MUD

NICE! WoTmud guy myself.
  • vulgarniimura
    Options
    Classy lady nerd at your service ^^ All kinds of nerdity....a nerd of various trades if you will....
  • Camilleathome
    Camilleathome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am the biggest geek I know XD. Im a HUGE Teen Wolf fan and die hard Sterek shipper(DONT JUDGE ME!! XD) LOVE DOCTOR WHO! Sherlock also. Ive run a doctor who panel before at a convention. I cosplay and do the local convention circuits. I really miss playing gurps with my friends back in the city. Love superhero movies(And I dont pick between DC or Marvel again DONT JUDGE ME! lol) I enjoy both Star trek and Star Wars. Hubby and I watch Supernatural and Big bang theory. Im kinda addicted to Skyrim right now. Not a HUGE gamer but I do enjoy it. I write fanfiction. I love anime and Korean Dramas and Japanese Dramas.My friends and I love Yaoi as well and have run an adult Yaoi Panel at a con before which was quite entertaining. I also comendeer front row seats at my good friends Hentai Jeopardy panel anytime they run one and heckle the other team because our team always wins XD. Love Classic Lolita Fashion(Actually waiting on my first petti to come in the mail soon). I also try to attend SCA events when I can(Dont own a car and live in the country) and have a Norse Persona. I can go on XD. I fit into multiple geek slots.
  • funandfitness22
    Options
    Here's a great blog for all of us! It's focused around a really cool sword workout...Larping but with extra muscle!
    http://steelmbs.com/blog/
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    ya rang
  • funandfitness22
    Options
    Trolling, Interneting, LARP, D&D, Netflix, Anime. Hoping to do some hardcore cosplay when I finish dieting etc...
    I heard BBQ mentioned? I'm a massive carnivore, if I didn't want a smoking hot bod I'd eat Man vs. Food style daily.

haha love this reply!
  • sophieforde
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mra7n7w4eQ1qegw8v.gif

Love it!
  • tlromanyk
    Options
    I work for Geek Squad. Nuff said.
  • BehindtheMic
    BehindtheMic Posts: 1,736 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has alittle geek/nerd in them!
  • gosustu
    gosustu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love Sci-Fi
    Diablo 2 cost me my 3rd year in college (didn't matter anyway!)
    I play oGame, Diablo 3
    I work as a Network Systems Admin
    I do programming in my spare time
    I wear a wolf shirt (wife thought she was buying it for me as a joke until I wore it for 2 days)
  • StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I might be more quirky than geeky.

I get really excited for:
    Epic book adventures (Game of Thrones, LOTR, Harry Potter, etc etc etc)
    Doctor Who
    Zombie related anything
    Any sort of "geeky" show or movie
    Used to game but I became that episode of Big Bang theory where Penny discovered Age of Conan, not good.

Less geeky things I get really excited for:
    Cooking! Big cook! Love to be in the kitchen!
    Painting
    Shoes
    Craft beer
    Traveling
    Concerts
  • WandaMM1
    WandaMM1 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was a bit of a geek and then I read these threads and have no idea what half the stuff is. Maybe I am more of a dork?

Funny stuff! I thought the same thing!
  • chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    Kind of, but not really. I love anything supernatural, including the show. Add me if you want to. I am on here daily.
    No not goth, just love scary stuff.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Yes. Doctor Who. Sherlock. Firefly. Avengers. Harry Potter. STOS. Star Wars. LOTR. A degree in theatre and a passion for cosplay. So much more but it all just feels just an ordinary part of life.

But I offer this FTW: I have spawned, and successfully raised to young adulthood, two children who are full on geek-nerd-dorks in their own right.

Thank you.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    You rang?

IT Geek here.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    yes, all of that!
  • ametolie
    ametolie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So if my goal is to be skinny enough to cosplay, does that count?
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When I'm an old man, my grandchildren will ask me "Were you ever a geek?" and I will reply "I am a geek, I've been a geek since I was a young child." They will look at me in awe and say "Really? After all this time?" and I will reply "Always."

A cookie (low fat, low sugar, high protein) for the awesome people who realise where that's from. It's surely my biggest geek-vice. Others are Doctor Who (hence the username), Sherlock and Pokemon. I'm also a massive music geek - I take great pleasure in music, especially when I listen to music no-one else has heard of. It makes my hipster happy.
    Overheard:

"Whovians are like the hipsters of the nerd world."

This works beautifully with my username.