Any geeks?

Options

Replies

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    According to this, I am a nerd, not a geek. Gaming and cosplay are too social. My obsessions are miniature trains and cycling.

This pretty much breaks it down.

nerd-venn-diagram-20110626-192132.jpg
  • TriNoob
    TriNoob Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Are we talking legit like Revenge of the Nerds or just some hardcore gamer? I think that the nerd, geek, comic book nerd, dork, gamer, etc lines have been blurred and they need to be separated.
    This pretty much breaks it down.

nerd-venn-diagram-20110626-192132.jpg

Love it. Looks like I'm a video gaming and sci-fi geek.
  • demibugg
    demibugg Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    im a homestuck and i play video games and the dnd hi there
  • AnthonyThrashD
    AnthonyThrashD Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    i'm the author of thrashirc, and currently I'm converting lz77 based algos from c/c++ to zpaql. I enjoy creating game content such as meshes and textures for games. this is my first day on mfp. anyone can add me
  • kbyebea
    kbyebea Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm the biggest nerd bomber I know. Add me, I'm weird :)
  • cmglass10
    cmglass10 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am a geek, and would love more geeky friends! Feel free to add me!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I'm not a geek, honest! *posted while wearing glasses and a Pac-Man t shirt*
  • turquoisedana
    Options
    I'm definitely a strange one... I guess I could be called a geek! I have an insane love of sci-fi: Stargate, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, The X-Files, Firefly, Serenity, Star Wars, X-Men, Bladerunner, Tron, Alien, District 9, War of the Worlds, Starship Troopers, The Fifth Element, to name but a few! I also love horror & fantasy. I love to read: Myths of the Norsemen, 1984, Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace, Elephants on Acid & other Bizarre Experiments, Nostradamus a History of the Future, A Brief History of Time, The Alchemist, Game of Thrones, The Fellowship of the Ring etc etc... I read some comics, The Walking Dead, Clerks, Star Trek Archives. I also like gaming, construction & strategy games: Age of Empires, Command & Conquer, Sim City. Not sure if these things make me a geek but... I like historical & philosophical subjects/discussions. I study things like the cosmos & geology for fun in my free time. I read a lot about meditation practice, & self-progression type stuff. I meditate & practice yoga daily. I'm currently learning about (& putting into practice) self-sufficiency, to untimely live a semi-self sufficient, sustainable, & ethical lifestyle. I'm participating in lost crafts, for example local medicinal herbalism. If any of you think we share common interests please feel free to send me a friend request! I love meeting like-minded folk :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm an all around obsessed gamer, get all giggly over science discoveries, and I think bowties are cool! Does that qualify me as a geek?
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I think bowties are cool!

Does that qualify me as a geek?

Nope. ;P j/k
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Does a Mario sleeve qualify me?
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Does a Mario sleeve qualify me?

Does it make a noise like a coin when punched?
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am the complete package. Nerd, Geek, & Dork all rolled into one. Jealous much?

Funny thing is I ended up marrying a pretty ex-jock accountant :) Who won in the end eh popular H.S. jock *kitten*?!?!
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    According to the chart, I would be a introverted but not socially inept geek. Then again posting here might push me into the nerd category :-)
  • SaraLily
    SaraLily Posts: 30
    Options
    Well, I guess I am. I'm an IT Analyst and I play video games in my spare time...

And FYI, I'm sure you're all jealous of my AWESOME BTTF shirt! :D

419mrKl51UL.jpg

Does that qualify me as a geek? 8-)
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    i was told engineers are nerdy so....engineer checking in.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    well im a software developer so i guess i fall right into this
  • NerdySamoan
    NerdySamoan Posts: 78
    Options
    i read alot of manga and my daughter watches alot anime.
    I even named her after the daugher of the first green lantern so feel free to add me if you want.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a geeky nerd.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Geeks are lame!