Any geeks?

Options

Replies

• headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    What's up NERDS?!? I want you all to PayPal me your lunch money right now!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    This is in my living room. I submit for your consideration. (Decorated for Christmas)

78726a49-9bc4-4111-b2fa-7edde16fc110_zpsed96dc05.jpg

id offer you my green lantern ring in marriage but intrapublisher rivals rarely work out
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am looking for more Otaku friends.....HUGE ANIME FANATIC is an understatement. I am on top of 2 of the 3 BIG 3 (Naruto and Bleach) while I am working on catching up on the third (One Piece - if Crunchyroll ever gets up to date with the old ones, I will finally get to watch the newest ones). Sucks that Bleach is on Hiatus from the anime, but I still read the Manga. I also like the classics like DB and DBZ (if you come at me asking about GT I will kame hame ha you right into the dead zone!) and Yu Yu Hakusho as well as a whole slew of other offbeat ones that are too many to list. Recently been picking up on new ones that are obscure but yet hold my attention to fill the void while waiting on new releases each week.

I have a paid subscription to Crunchyroll - and it has lead to me getting into the Live action Drama's on there also.

When I am not power watching CR - I am either rewatching Doctor Who eps. on Netflix (along those lines Sherlock FTW!), gaming on my PS3 (CoD and BF3 and 4 mainly), slaying badies in World of Warcraft, or watching all sorts of Marvel and DC shows and movies.

I am also making sure my kids (4 year old boy and 2 year old girl) get raise right by loving these same shows I do. Its cute when my boy asks me if I am watching Naruto.

CK (yes like a certain boy scout)
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Killer Croc? ;)

Anyway, I think there are SO many nerdy-geeky types on MFP it's not surprising anymore. I'm a major anime and sci-fi nerd too, with a heavy bent on Doctor Who, the Treks, and anything that has the words "Gundam" or "Macross" in the title. I"ve got a wife and four year-old kid who are multi-generational Sailor Moon fans to boot. I'm also an actor and run an improv team that travels to various genre conventions - my current avatar is me as Khal Drogo from "Game of Thrones", when I was doing an improvised episode of that show at one of Canada's larger comic cons.

I think it's great that while being a total shut-in for many years contributed to my need to get healthy, that I'm in such good company with so many like-minded people here that are doing the same - and succeeding. I always love it when I see an avatar or an MFP counter with a Time Lord or Pokemon or what have you in it. :)

Mark
  • Michelle_Silies
    Michelle_Silies Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mra7n7w4eQ1qegw8v.gif

I think I qualify as a Geek... I love the pic, but love your ticker more. I am SO a Tennant girl!
  • Michelle_Silies
    Michelle_Silies Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In case you can't tell from my user name, I guess I do fall into the geek category. :)
    Firefly, Torchwood, SuperWhoLock... Diablo, Sims, bit o' Minecraft... Douglas Adams, Monty Python... numerous loves.
    Any like minds want to add, that's cool with me!
    ~ Cheers!

Definitely love your user name! That would've been an awesome way to go with that show. Sigh.
    Ok - here's a list of my geekdoms: Castle, Firefly (there's a theme there), Doctor Who, Torchwood, Arrow (another theme), The Tomorrow People (bummed it got cancelled), Buffy, Angel, Stargate SG-1, and this is a music one, so I don't know if counts - Journey. Whew.

ETA: The Avengers, Wolverine, some DC Comics. Still probably left some out. :)
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    nathan-fillion-well-nevermind1.gif
  • j_bark
    Options
    Two month resurrect. You are not alone.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Going back through all the responses... I love you all! <3
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat of a geek I dont look like it on the outside but I have worked in IT for a few years now!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Ummm, I guess I'm an old one.
  • GeekdGirl
    Options
    dcresider: are you kim possible??!! <3<3
  • lramones428
    lramones428 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a band geek (music major), techie, and member of many a fandom. I could use some buddies, feel free to add me (:
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Fluent in javascript as well as Klingon... :wink:

I am also White and Nerdy and love Weird Al.

• alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm a geek/nerd.

Not in IT, but writing my dissertation on the Internet.

LOtR, Potter, GoT (books), Battlestar Galatica, Skyrim, God of War, these are few of my favorite things. :smile:
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    YOU ARE THE WINNER!! I am Kim Possible. LOL. Love me some sci-fi movies and shows, etc.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Electrical Engineer here. Do I qualify?
  • GeekdGirl
    Options
    Electrical Engineer here. Do I qualify?

Yeah!
  • j_bark
    Options