Anyone ever use this site for dating?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Val_67
    Val_67 Posts: 23
    Options
    I signed up years ago and after some life events (divorce, dad died, etc) happened I decided to give it a shot and have been pretty happy. I've made a few friendships from here and even bumped into someone at my gym (she's happily married).

At this point in my life I'd like to just go out on a date or hang out with other geeky people.

Blessed are the geeks for we shall inherit middle earth.

Yes... we shall!
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I met my now husband on here, we lived 260 miles apart but became friends and it went from there
    we didnt intend to be an item but it just went that way
    :smile:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    That wasn't my intention, but I ended up meeting someone anyway. :smile:
    ^^^ me too! :smooched:
  • traerjudy
    traerjudy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My daughter, a single mom had a client who encouraged her several times to try Plenty o Fish. She finally put in all her info and entered it. The next morning she got a match. After finding out who it was she burst out laughing. Out of all the people in Iowa, it was her own brother. We retell this story about once a year and still crack up about it. It was the first and last dating site for her.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have met lots of amazing people from this site...even went to a different Continent to hang out with a couple
  • krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    To be honest I don't know what flirting consist of.I would know if she is flirting or me lol.To the best of my knowledge never had anyone flirt with me but flirting don't mean someone likes u tho sometimes just means ur bored.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Well not exactly dating but yea
  • krisjackson31105
    Options
    To be honest I don't know what flirting consist of.I wouldn't know if she is flirting or me lol.To the best of my knowledge never had anyone flirt with me but flirting don't mean someone likes u tho sometimes just means ur bored.
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I hear people are doing it and doing it well.
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have met great people here, met outside of the internet and became great friends. I also know of people meeting here and getting married :)
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options

1339708736473_1824931.png
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    To be honest I don't know what flirting consist of.I wouldn't know if she is flirting or me lol.To the best of my knowledge never had anyone flirt with me but flirting don't mean someone likes u tho sometimes just means ur bored.

Not sure if I've ever encountered a girl that flirts with a guy she didn't find attractive just cause she's boarded. Perhaps to be a D-Bag I could see that.

Oh I forgot to mention. If you decide to do that online dating thing becareful. I've been "catfished" before so use caution. Something I like to do to show people I'm real is to write that persons name on my hand and take a pic of me where they can see me and their name on my hand. That's what they say you can do on the show to make sure people are real. Just some advice.
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

1339708736473_1824931.png

LMAO!
  • krisjackson31105
    Options
    Yeah I seen some catfish shows.One of them was here in my town which is why I am hestitant about meeting people on the internet.I know I am real.I highly doubt anyone would doubt that the pic is me since who would catfish my picture lol but yeah I could the other person to do it tho.