What was the most FUN job you have had?

Options

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I would say either waiting tables at a pizza restaurant or unloading freight & restocking the floors at a department store.Both jobs had awesome people who made work fun, and both were really busy, physically demanding jobs. I'm one of those people who is happier when I"m really busy and working my butt off! :smile:
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My first job was working as a magicians assistant.
    We worked on multiple cruise ships and did contest performances together in Vegas, in addition to doing childrens birthday parties..
    Definitely the best job I've ever had
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I worked as an exhibit docent at Mystic Aquarium. It was awesome-- hanging out near the beluga whales, penguins, or sea lions and just talking about them with the guests? Very cool.
    Awww, you just made me a bit homesick. I went to high school in CT and :heart: Mystic! That sounds like it was an awesome job! (My fave exhibt was that giant BLUE lobster...although I kept picturing it with drawn butter.) And I have always loved the penguins.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Teaching high school English. Goddamn is it taxing, but it's easily the most fun I've had in a job and I definitely want to get up in the morning.
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Working at the Q arena stand supervisor I got to see how the concerts, basketball games while making money
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I have two favorites. In the mid to late 90's I worked in a video store. We were a group of a**holes but it was so much fun.
    The other was being a server then a bartender in my early 20's. Making lots of money, cool people, lots of partying.
  • cjanaro
    Options
    Prior to moving to Tampa I worked multiple jobs, It's a toss up between 3:

1 - Cook - I was a cook for 9 years each shift usually resulted in something ridiculous happening followed by getting drunk.
    2 - Bouncer - I was a door man who got to mess with drunk people all night, what's not to love?
    3 - Lumberjack - Chainsaws. Need I say more?

The Army was a blast too but these were more fun where the Army was a bit more serious. Now I am a banker... I am currently at work... bored.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Amusement park, at the water park.
    I kept active chasing people out of the water that couldn't get off the flotation devices. I was the only one that didn't mind getting my work clothes wet, it was fun and it was hot out. I was basically getting paid to have fun! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Working at the Q arena stand supervisor I got to see how the concerts, basketball games while making money

Justin Timberlake rocked the Q hard :drinker:
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Wildland Fire Fighting
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Line cook at Hooters :)
  • snow00774
    Options
    Conceesion stands for my City at both the baseball diamonds, pools and hockey arenas - always a good time. That ties with working in a photo lab...also very very fun days. man things were so simple back then.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

Second would have to be Eckerd Drugs. I was 17, and made friends with my manager who at the time was about 25. Lots of laughs and silliness like dancing on counters to "ymca" or pizza parties in the breakroom..or looking at all the "naughty" pictures customers would bring in to be developed from photo. Working there never really seemed like work. Ahh to be young.

This was my first job! A regional chain though not Eckerd. I was 16 yrs old and took it SO seriously...LOL. I don't know where I got the work ethic I had, but I was all business like it was my freaking lifelong career.

Also...lizdavis07 I have ALWAYS wished I could work in a library (behind the scenes even). It seems so well-suited to me. Unfortunately in my area you must have an advanced library science degree to even be a circulation desk clerk :-( Totally not kidding. Even for part-time page there are 2,000 applicants for every position posted - so they pretty much have the pick of the litter. I know this through a friend who works there, she was recruited from another state.
  • _Fenrir_
    _Fenrir_ Posts: 471
    Options
    When i used to DJ In a Club every weekend, i'd have done that for free, in fact, i'd have paid them to do it!!!!!
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Accounts rep at the call centre. The job itself was dull but the coworkers were so much fun to be with jokes all day.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I worked as an exhibit docent at Mystic Aquarium. It was awesome-- hanging out near the beluga whales, penguins, or sea lions and just talking about them with the guests? Very cool.
    Awww, you just made me a bit homesick. I went to high school in CT and :heart: Mystic! That sounds like it was an awesome job! (My fave exhibt was that giant BLUE lobster...although I kept picturing it with drawn butter.) And I have always loved the penguins.

I won't tell you my thoughts on the penguins then. :flowerforyou:
  • traerjudy
    traerjudy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I currently have the best job in the world(according to me). I work for an organization called SIP KIDS. The gals in the office contact auto dealerships all over the US. For a fee, they set up a kids safety fair. There are folks from the local humaine society teaching animal safety, a martial arts club with interaction for the children that attend and demonstrations, the local police and/or fire dept., possibly someone from a local wildlife center and maybe a booth from a mentoring program for kids. There is usually a bouncy house. face painting and snacks.
    This is put on by the auto dealership as a way to give to the community, Some dealerships sponsor the event every year. This is all free to the parents and kids. They go home with many handouts.
    Then comes my job. I have a table and take a picture of the child, all ten prints...print it out and give it to the parent in case of an abduction. It is all done with a computer and printer. No yucky mess.
    The company flies me to the event, pays hotel and car rental. I work about 10 hours in 2 days and have a great mini-vacation.
    I love it!
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Bagpiping for a beer rep. They paid me to pipe these cute co-eds into a bar where they handed out beads and t-shirts after I piped a couple of tunes. Then we got into a limo and went to the next bar. Nice gig.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bagpiping for a beer rep. They paid me to pipe these cute co-eds into a bar where they handed out beads and t-shirts after I piped a couple of tunes. Then we got into a limo and went to the next bar. Nice gig.
    Those abs are quite nice, but the fact that you play bagpipes is sexy as H3LL! I think I'm in LUV! :love:
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    MOST fun? Working at a local theater, doing costumes and other odd jobs. Ok this is going to sound bad but the reason it was the most fun is because that summer there was a bad fire in the mountains surrounding our town, so there were firefighters from all over staying in the area that entire summer...and, well, you get the idea ;) Yum.