What should I get my GF for Valentines Day?

Options

Replies

• starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Look up recipes to her favorite foods. Spend all day cooking the meal and stay in and have her over for dinner over candles and some wine. Finish it off with a nice scented oil massage....then use your imagination for the rest.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    You said box of chocolates.. I know Walmart has like HUGE obnoxiously big boxes of heart shaped chocolates for pretty cheap. One of those would be good for taking up space

Thanks for the heads up! Do you remember how much it was?
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    In, just in, I could use a good laugh today. Why do I suddenly feel so dirty?

I dunno, when was the last time you took a shower? jeez.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    In, just in, I could use a good laugh today. Why do I suddenly feel so dirty?

I dunno, when was the last time you took a shower? jeez.

Silly nutella, I'm an old married woman, you know we don't bother with basic upkeep any more.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Allegorically the humor is similar to that one time when I went on a double date to the movies with a girl and after we parked I was like "ill catch up with you guys in a sec" and I put on like 15 sprays of cologne and then we went to the movies and supposedly I was like the affable dopey overly trying to impress her but failing in a cute way kind of guy for a moment.

Its kind of the same with this where I supposedly fail, but in a cute way with all those excess cliche gifts. But in the end its just supposed to come off as flattering.

But wait, isn't "failing" very "beta"? You are going to act "beta" to get sympathy and pity attention from the girl? Doesn't that go against all your "alpha" philosophies? She's supposed to be attracted to your extreme narcissism. Why don't you just buy her a single rose and ask what she's cooking you for dinner?

Correction: faux-beta.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Lillies, you can buy me lillies.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    vibrator.gif

Is that a vibrator??

NO!

It's a Hello Kitty vibrator! Big difference! (because hello Kitty) :laugh:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Ummmm the D.....

as in dumbbells
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Allegorically the humor is similar to that one time when I went on a double date to the movies with a girl and after we parked I was like "ill catch up with you guys in a sec" and I put on like 15 sprays of cologne and then we went to the movies and supposedly I was like the affable dopey overly trying to impress her but failing in a cute way kind of guy for a moment.

Its kind of the same with this where I supposedly fail, but in a cute way with all those excess cliche gifts. But in the end its just supposed to come off as flattering.

But wait, isn't "failing" very "beta"? You are going to act "beta" to get sympathy and pity attention from the girl? Doesn't that go against all your "alpha" philosophies? She's supposed to be attracted to your extreme narcissism. Why don't you just buy her a single rose and ask what she's cooking you for dinner?

Funny, looked more like a Garibaldi to me.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

This works on people? It's like a bad AXE commerical...
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Funny, looked more like a Garibaldi to me.

You're one cheeky skivvy u know that m8??
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    "OMG guess what my boyfriend did for Valentines day loool"

Umm, my guess is there won't be an LOLOLOLOLOL after her comment and it will be a bit more scathing and to the tune of "Guess what my &*$(@*%&#*& a-hole boyfriend did for Valentines day.":explode: :mad:

I never was much into the whole day anyway but if a guy I was dating came over with a car full of cheesy stuffed animals, some thoughtless chocolates and other dumb trinkets thinking it was funny I would fail to see the joke in it and would assume that he thinks our entire relationship is just one big stupid joke.

What's wrong with being a man and getting her a nice bouquet of flowers and taking her out to a nice dinner? Why try and make a "joke" out of something that she's probably taking seriously?

Exactly. Especially considering the fact that she's 18 and still in high school. Girls this age go nuts for Valentine's day. She most definitely won't be bragging to her friends about stuffed animals and and other joke gifts. She is expecting something cute and romantic like flowers, Edible arrangements, a necklace, bracelet, or earrings followed by dinner.

Well a necklace, bracelet, or earrings is too far and too serious. Like I said before she is kinda shy about it and doesn't want it to be to high pressure or formal. Same with the food I would "lick off her body" its too presumptuous and sexual pressure.

The whole thing actually required the lighthearted vibe. Its not a matter of making a mockery of the holiday or our love. Its a matter of easing the tension while still making it memorable and an indicator of how much I care in hindsight.

So I am simultaneously deflating any awkward tension while also demonstrating how much she really means to me.

This is exactly why you should try finding someone your age. She's 18 years old for goodness sake. You are in completely different stages of life. That is if you are actually 27 years old because looking at your picture (if that is even you), you look like you're about 16 to be honest.

You say buying her a necklace, bracelet, or earrings is too serious yet throughout this whole thread you've been going on and on about how much you love her. Love is serious. So um, you are contradicting yourself and just making it even more obvious why someone your age shouldn't be with someone her age. You say she "loves" you but thinks getting a necklace, bracelet, or earrings from you is too serious. Sounds to me like you're more serious about her than she is about you.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

So pretending to be "beta" is really "alpha"? Fascinating.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Umm, my guess is there won't be an LOLOLOLOLOL after her comment and it will be a bit more scathing and to the tune of "Guess what my &*$(@*%&#*& a-hole boyfriend did for Valentines day.":explode: :mad:

I never was much into the whole day anyway but if a guy I was dating came over with a car full of cheesy stuffed animals, some thoughtless chocolates and other dumb trinkets thinking it was funny I would fail to see the joke in it and would assume that he thinks our entire relationship is just one big stupid joke.

What's wrong with being a man and getting her a nice bouquet of flowers and taking her out to a nice dinner? Why try and make a "joke" out of something that she's probably taking seriously?

Exactly. Especially considering the fact that she's 18 and still in high school. Girls this age go nuts for Valentine's day. She most definitely won't be bragging to her friends about stuffed animals and and other joke gifts. She is expecting something cute and romantic like flowers, Edible arrangements, a necklace, bracelet, or earrings followed by dinner.

Well a necklace, bracelet, or earrings is too far and too serious. Like I said before she is kinda shy about it and doesn't want it to be to high pressure or formal. Same with the food I would "lick off her body" its too presumptuous and sexual pressure.

The whole thing actually required the lighthearted vibe. Its not a matter of making a mockery of the holiday or our love. Its a matter of easing the tension while still making it memorable and an indicator of how much I care in hindsight.

So I am simultaneously deflating any awkward tension while also demonstrating how much she really means to me.

This is exactly why you should try finding someone your age. She's 18 years old for goodness sake. You are in completely different stages of life. That is if you are actually 27 years old because looking at your picture (if that is even you), you look like you're about 16 to be honest.

You say buying her a necklace, bracelet, or earrings is too serious yet throughout this whole thread you've been going on and on about how much you love her. Love is serious. So um, you are contradicting yourself and just making it even more obvious why someone your age shouldn't be with someone her age. You say she "loves" you but thinks getting a necklace, bracelet, or earrings from you is too serious. Sounds to me like you're more serious about her than she is about you.

Woah woah woah...

Am I sensing ageism here?

Which the hypocrisy I find ridiculous because if I said something sexist about females not being able to lift all he'll would break loose but instead you choose to do this to me?

Hey listen, there are many reasons why it makes sense.

Can you give me a reason why it's a bad idea? Do you honestly have any real practical reasoning for shunning it?

Would you rather she is with some creepy guy her age?

Why not me? What did I do wrong? I'm not a bad person. In fact I'm a good person to show her things and the ways of the world.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Woah woah woah...

Which the hypocrisy I find ridiculous because if I said something sexist about females not being able to lift all he'll would break loose but instead you choose to do this to me?

Can you give me a reason why it's a bad idea? Do you honestly have any real practical reasoning for shunning it?

Why not me? What did I do wrong? I'm not a bad person. In fact I'm a good person to show her things and the ways of the world.

Ageism? Not at all. Being 27 and dating a girl who is 18 is much different than being 40 years old and dating a 27 year old.

She's BARELY experienced life. She needs to learn the ways of the world herself. Not from you.

She hasn't graduated high school.

She's never been to college.

She's never held a career.

She's never made her own money (unless she has a job now which would limit her to a certain number of hours since she is in HS still).

She most likely hasn't paid any bills except maybe her cell phone bill.

You're not on the same emotional or sexual levels. This will cause real problems in the relationship that she's most likely not ready for considering she thinks it's too much just getting jewelry from you.

Whether its you, Jack, Jim, or John, I'd be telling them the same thing I'm telling you. I find you creepy for wanting to be with an 18 year old.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    dollar stores have lots of fun valentines presents like little bears, plush hearts, balloons, chocolates and candies. Put that altogether with a piece of jewellry, some wine, and/or a book of poetry, or a book of handmade coupons for massages and fun stuffs.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Woah woah woah...

Ageism? Not at all. Being 27 and dating a girl who is 18 is much different than being 40 years old and dating a 27 year old.

She's BARELY experienced life. She needs to learn the ways of the world herself. Not from you.

She's never made her own money (unless she has a job now which would limit her to a certain number of hours since she is in HS still).

You're not on the same emotional or sexual levels. This will cause real problems in the relationship that she's most likely not ready for considering she thinks it's too much just getting jewelry from you.

Whether its you, Jack, Jim, or John, I'd be telling them the same thing I'm telling you. I find you creepy for wanting to be with an 18 year old.

i totally didn't read all this. I bet she still has a curfew. You should try to meet a lady your age. If you have things in common with her, either she is mature....or you are the opposite.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Woah woah woah...

Whether it was you, Jack, Jim, or John, I'd be telling them the same thing I'm telling you. I find you creepy for wanting to be with an 18 year old.

Explain your reasoning behind the bolded. Or why it matters in the vastness of the Universe.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Also I didn't realize there were "sexual levels"

What level are you at btw?