What should I get my GF for Valentines Day?

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I think I would rather go on a mustache ride than the caulk (sp...................on purpose :) carousel!!:love:

out of all the advice this is the only one worth considering women love moustache rides
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Also I didn't realize there were "sexual levels"

What level are you at btw?

45856898.jpg
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    "OMG guess what my boyfriend did for Valentines day loool"

Umm, my guess is there won't be an LOLOLOLOLOL after her comment and it will be a bit more scathing and to the tune of "Guess what my &*$(@*%&#*& a-hole boyfriend did for Valentines day.":explode: :mad:

I never was much into the whole day anyway but if a guy I was dating came over with a car full of cheesy stuffed animals, some thoughtless chocolates and other dumb trinkets thinking it was funny I would fail to see the joke in it and would assume that he thinks our entire relationship is just one big stupid joke.

What's wrong with being a man and getting her a nice bouquet of flowers and taking her out to a nice dinner? Why try and make a "joke" out of something that she's probably taking seriously?

Exactly. Especially considering the fact that she's 18 and still in high school. Girls this age go nuts for Valentine's day. She most definitely won't be bragging to her friends about stuffed animals and and other joke gifts. She is expecting something cute and romantic like flowers, Edible arrangements, a necklace, bracelet, or earrings followed by dinner.

Well a necklace, bracelet, or earrings is too far and too serious. Like I said before she is kinda shy about it and doesn't want it to be to high pressure or formal. Same with the food I would "lick off her body" its too presumptuous and sexual pressure.

The whole thing actually required the lighthearted vibe. Its not a matter of making a mockery of the holiday or our love. Its a matter of easing the tension while still making it memorable and an indicator of how much I care in hindsight.

So I am simultaneously deflating any awkward tension while also demonstrating how much she really means to me.

This is exactly why you should try finding someone your age. She's 18 years old for goodness sake. You are in completely different stages of life. That is if you are actually 27 years old because looking at your picture (if that is even you), you look like you're about 16 to be honest.

You say buying her a necklace, bracelet, or earrings is too serious yet throughout this whole thread you've been going on and on about how much you love her. Love is serious. So um, you are contradicting yourself and just making it even more obvious why someone your age shouldn't be with someone her age. You say she "loves" you but thinks getting a necklace, bracelet, or earrings from you is too serious. Sounds to me like you're more serious about her than she is about you.

Woah woah woah...

Am I sensing ageism here?

Which the hypocrisy I find ridiculous because if I said something sexist about females not being able to lift all he'll would break loose but instead you choose to do this to me?

Hey listen, there are many reasons why it makes sense.

Can you give me a reason why it's a bad idea? Do you honestly have any real practical reasoning for shunning it?

Would you rather she is with some creepy guy her age?

Why not me? What did I do wrong? I'm not a bad person. In fact I'm a good person to show her things and the ways of the world.

Ageism? Not at all. Being 27 and dating a girl who is 18 is much different than being 40 years old and dating a 27 year old.

She's BARELY experienced life. She needs to learn the ways of the world herself. Not from you.

She hasn't graduated high school.

She's never been to college.

She's never held a career.

She's never made her own money (unless she has a job now which would limit her to a certain number of hours since she is in HS still).

She most likely hasn't paid any bills except maybe her cell phone bill.

You're not on the same emotional or sexual levels. This will cause real problems in the relationship that she's most likely not ready for considering she thinks it's too much just getting jewelry from you.

Whether it was you, Jack, Jim, or John, I'd be telling them the same thing I'm telling you. I find you creepy for wanting to be with an 18 year old.

Explain your reasoning behind the bolded. Or why it matters in the vastness of the Universe.

I didn't bold that. It must've been someone else or it was you. But I'm glad someone did bold it because it totally does matter. She doesn't need YOU to teach her the ways of the world. The ways of the world can't necessarily be learned. They are experienced over time.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    Also I didn't realize there were "sexual levels"

What level are you at btw?

You said she wasn't comfortable having food licked off of her. With that being said, she obviously wouldn't be comfortable having sex. Hence why you two are on different levels sexually. Unless you are a virgin.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    I didn't bold that. It must've been someone else or it was you. But I'm glad someone did bold it because it totally does matter. She doesn't need YOU to teach her the ways of the world. The ways of the world can't necessarily be learned. They are experienced over time.

Ok calm down I bolded it. You caught me.

No but seriously. You still don't explain why it shouldn't be me?

You say she doesn't need me. Yet you have no idea anything about her.

How can you make such a blanket conclusion?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Too many pages to read, but has anyone suggested a restraining order?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I guess maybe you don't get the joke?

How is it a waste of money if its a symbolic gesture of how much I love her?

I get what the joke is supposed to be, but I don't get why you want opinions on what to get her when you really don't?

You say she would be too uncomfortable with you getting too serious. What makes you think she isn't going to feel bad about you spending $80 on a joke for her?

Making a joke out of it seems more like it is for you than her-spares you from possible rejection or discomfort, puts pressure on her for how to react.

If you want a symbolic gesture that's also over the top, cut out tons of red and pink hearts from construction paper, write something you love about her on each one, and paste them all over a room. She knows you went out of your way for her, it's still cutesy and she can laugh and break the ice, and in the end, you'll have given her lots of reasons you love her.

Then take her to the pizza place and make dessert for her.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Too many pages to read, but has anyone suggested a restraining order?

Maybe put it in a really nice, ornate frame. Le mot juste!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Good job dating a woman who's in her prime. Most women go downhill fast after they turn 21. Between the mixed drinks and spending 4 years at college riding the c**k carousel, most 21 year old look like they are pushing 41.

A lot of women older than 22 really do make me feel they don't realize that reality based on how cocky they talk.

Like its my this, my that, I want it like this, I choose to do that...

checks profile.

She's 28.

Reminder:

Men peak from 19-35.

Women peak from 15-22.

Thats a 7 year window vs a 16 year window. Stop talking tough on the internet lol.

well you're an idiot. A woman that can verbalize her intentions and desires does not make her "cocky" FACEPALM
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

It shouldn't be you because you're 27 and she's 18. I already mentioned you two are in completely different stages of life and if you can't see that, you're oblivious and in denial. Find a woman your own age.

Correction: I said she doesn't need you TO TEACH HER THE WAYS OF THE WORLD.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    Good job dating a woman who's in her prime. Most women go downhill fast after they turn 21. Between the mixed drinks and spending 4 years at college riding the c**k carousel, most 21 year old look like they are pushing 41.

A lot of women older than 22 really do make me feel they don't realize that reality based on how cocky they talk.

Like its my this, my that, I want it like this, I choose to do that...

checks profile.

She's 28.

Reminder:

Men peak from 19-35.

Women peak from 15-22.

Thats a 7 year window vs a 16 year window. Stop talking tough on the internet lol.

well you're an idiot. A woman that can verbalize her intentions and desires does not make her "cocky" FACEPALM

This explains why he's with an 18 year old!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Anyone else starting to wonder if "shy" is a euphemism for "invisible"?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    joke or not I don't think its funny to refer a minor 15 year old in her peak
  • nutellabrah
    Options

It shouldn't be you because you're 27 and she's 18. I already mentioned you two are in completely different stages of life and if you can't see that, you're oblivious and in denial. Find a woman your own age.

Yeah but I don't understand how two stages is a problem.

I just don't understand how you don't realize the compatibility factor? You still don't give any reason why two people should be the same age?

Have you ever seen that movie Aladdin?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

I just don't understand how you don't realize the compatibility factor? You still don't give any reason why two people should be the same age?

I get that you have a very vivid imagination and think you're some prince living in the enchanted forest... I hate to burst your bubble, but life isn't what you see in the movies.

I already gave many reasons. But since you failed to comprehend them, I'll state them again:

At 27 I assume you have graduated high school, may or may not have gone to college, own a home, pay your own bills, have a career started. Basically, you hold a lot of responsibilities, while she doesn't.

At 18, she hasn't graduated high school, she hasn't gone to college, she doesn't live by herself, she doesn't pay her own bills, she doesn't have a career. She's pretty much a child.

I don't understand how you don't see the problem here.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    handcuffs...enough said
  • nutellabrah
    Options

I get that you have a very vivid imagination and think you're some prince living in the enchanted forest... I hate to burst your bubble, but life isn't what you see in the movies.

I already gave many reasons. But since you failed to comprehend them, I'll state them again:

At 27 I assume you have graduated high school, may or may not have gone to college, own a home, pay your own bills, have a career started. Basically, you hold a lot of responsibilities, while she doesn't.

At 18, she hasn't graduated high school, she hasn't gone to college, she doesn't live by herself, she doesn't pay her own bills, she doesn't have a career. She's pretty much a child.

I don't understand how you don't see the problem here.

No, explain to me what the problem with that is please.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    How about a gif of you doing a barbell squat with no hands and a pristine McDonald's cheeseburger?
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    handcuffs...enough said
    <3