What should I get my GF for Valentines Day?

Options

Replies

• nutellabrah
    Options
    Depends on your girlfriend, but most girls love flowers. All I want is flowers from my guy. Maybe plan a special outing. Start with flowers, take her out to a nice dinner, see a movie then take a midnight stroll and star gaze.

My idea of a perfect Valentines Day:flowerforyou:

Yeah she changed plans and wants us to go to an Organic Maybe Vegan Pizza Place and Im like OK....

They don't take reservations.

(but I secretly have backup reservations at 2 places nearby just in case)

Afterwards I should think of something simple like that like a stroll somewhere nice. Especially if things go good the vibe of that would be perfect.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    OP, I assume you're being intentionally cheesy, so I'd recommend heart shaped box of chocolates, balloons, carnations...
    On another note, I'd strongly recommend putting that $80 towards something great like a night at a local hotel or a spa treatment.
    But hey, maybe you both really loved this SNL sketch and you want to get her some dumb little thing from CVS...

http://www.allthosethingsilove.com/some-dumb-little-thing-from-cvs-snl-parody-ad/

Either way, good luck!

YESSSSSSSSSS IM DYING!!!!!!!!

LMMMFFFAOOO
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

IMO - sentiment goes a much LONGER way then expense/quantity. lol Not knocking you, or her, but seems you're gong a bit overboard... :)

Something as simple as a homemade card or store-bought with a heartfelt note, make a bracelet...you know, something she'll cherish.

Good luck!

But it IS equivalent to a sentiment. I mean the whole layer of humor IS the sentiment. She knows it not about quantity. Its almost cutely overwhelming, like my overzealousness of love for her forgot to think things through and I over did it. What is she gonna do with all the those bears? What about the overwhelming amount of everything. On one hand its stressful. But its a good kind of stress.

In the end it all plays out like I genuinely care about her, my focus is on her, and I care about her. I want to impress her, and I put thought into the dramatics of the act, the performance piece if you will.

Thats technically what it is. I love her enough to "act" for her and put on a performance piece to mess with her and joke around with her. Thats how serious I am.

If I didn't truly care about her, I wouldn't try to plan all this out to go down like this.
    No stuffed animals! UGH! She is not a child!

I know dude, its a joke.

Are you a Libra? B/c we are known for having a flair for the dramatic and I for one totally get where you are going with it. I bet she will too. Nice of everyone to weigh in on how much or little they feel is necessary or appropriate to do for THEIR valentine's day from THEIR significant others to THEM just in case they are reading it...but yeah, I get it.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    make her cupcakes. OR hand made valentines.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    OP, I assume you're being intentionally cheesy, so I'd recommend heart shaped box of chocolates, balloons, carnations...
    On another note, I'd strongly recommend putting that $80 towards something great like a night at a local hotel or a spa treatment.
    But hey, maybe you both really loved this SNL sketch and you want to get her some dumb little thing from CVS...

http://www.allthosethingsilove.com/some-dumb-little-thing-from-cvs-snl-parody-ad/

Either way, good luck!

YESSSSSSSSSS IM DYING!!!!!!!!

LMMMFFFAOOO

HOW could I have forgotten the cheesy carnations. Good call!
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    "OMG guess what my boyfriend did for Valentines day loool"

Umm, my guess is there won't be an LOLOLOLOLOL after her comment and it will be a bit more scathing and to the tune of "Guess what my &*$(@*%&#*& a-hole boyfriend did for Valentines day.":explode: :mad:

I never was much into the whole day anyway but if a guy I was dating came over with a car full of cheesy stuffed animals, some thoughtless chocolates and other dumb trinkets thinking it was funny I would fail to see the joke in it and would assume that he thinks our entire relationship is just one big stupid joke.

What's wrong with being a man and getting her a nice bouquet of flowers and taking her out to a nice dinner? Why try and make a "joke" out of something that she's probably taking seriously?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Depends on your girlfriend, but most girls love flowers. All I want is flowers from my guy. Maybe plan a special outing. Start with flowers, take her out to a nice dinner, see a movie then take a midnight stroll and star gaze.

My idea of a perfect Valentines Day:flowerforyou:

Yeah she changed plans and wants us to go to an Organic Maybe Vegan Pizza Place and Im like OK....

They don't take reservations.

(but I secretly have backup reservations at 2 places nearby just in case)

Afterwards I should think of something simple like that like a stroll somewhere nice. Especially if things go good the vibe of that would be perfect.

Vegan pizza place over a Moroccan joint?

seriously? lame.

Here I was going to say- make sure to take some money to tip the dancer- but well... since she is lame and wants to go there- barf- have at it.

My best unusual date was sushi- stop at a cigar shop- we went to a high school on a hill and climbed the fence to a roof and smoked cigars looking over the Santa Clarita valley. Had a great time- suited our personalities for the most part- doing things that fit that is more important than "stuff" Was an awesome night- too bad he was a childish nit wit who wanted a mom instead of a girlfriend.

My "stuff" is for my motorcycle- usually for Christmas and what not- I get suspension/brake upgrades for Jezebel. For Christmas two years ago I got him a ordered a brand new exhaust under his nose for his bike from a specific company. Was awesome to surprise him with it. The thing was it was stuff that was important to me- and helped my life- not random crap- random crap is nice- and I get the joke- but do something more as well.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    1)3216AO-EKS0156.jpg you can eat it off her

2) a giant hershey kiss

3) TraderJoeScrub.jpg

i like the insane stuffed animals ideas and the crazy post it's galore ideas. those should be "coupons" redeemable for random v-day ish like back rubs, foot rubs, bewb rubs, and scalp rubz, and cuticle rubs.

I think I get the gist of your "joke" gift and I presume your GF will too if she is with you she is likely to share your sense of humor.

I agree that at least some of the stuff should be usable by her and yeah the tackier and bigger the better. Mylar balloons, pink and red and purple out the yin yang. Your roses could be chocolate though...just sayin'.

red-foiled-milk-chocolate-roses-size-comparison.jpg

Just make sure there is also the obligatory red glitter and red heart patterned cellophane somewhere in there. And that your post its are bright pink. Have fun making fun of us old folks who take all the holidays so seriously.

May I suggest you show up wearing these? 41738302.jpg

BTW Party City is the place most likely to provide you with an insane variety of tacky junk.

Wow so many good suggestions.

Yes I will wear those sunglasses especially. I guess I will hit up party city its close by actually and yeah thats the best now that I think about it.

You totally get it lol thanks! :)
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I was just looking though all the posts, and am kinda amazed at how many people don't think adult women can still like stuffed animals. ... Maybe I'm a oddity, because I love them. I made my husband by me a stuffed bunny on our honeymoon, it sits on the printer right beside my screen. I got another fluffy bunny for valentines day, and when I get upset or mad at him, I go to bed and curl up with it and remember times when I wasn't mad at him. I also have a little Ty beanie Penguin, that I got after my miscarriage, Cuddled that little thing for days, and didn't care that people stared as I held it though a airport... It also sits on my printer now.

Now flowers... those are a useless waste of money. XD lol, Seriously, You can't eat flowers, you can't cuddle them... they are just pretty, then they are dead and in the trash..... I like plants... Hubby doesn't buy me flowers, he buys me potted plants and I keep them for years.

I like the OP's idea, however 80$ might be a little much to spend, on top of a planned fancy dinner... That being said I also liked the idea of a edible bouquet, they are fairly expensive if purchased but you can save a lot of money if you put it together yourself. Just go to the store and buy some bamboo skewers, and some fresh fruit (make sure it looks nice). Cut the fruit into shapes, (Hearts would work very well for valentines day... or just use the whole fruit if your using strawberries). Put them on the skewers, and display them so they stand up . If you cut the fruit, make sure to spray it with lemon juice, that will keep the fruit from turning brown.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Umm, my guess is there won't be an LOLOLOLOLOL after her comment and it will be a bit more scathing and to the tune of "Guess what my &*$(@*%&#*& a-hole boyfriend did for Valentines day.":explode: :mad:

I never was much into the whole day anyway but if a guy I was dating came over with a car full of cheesy stuffed animals, some thoughtless chocolates and other dumb trinkets thinking it was funny I would fail to see the joke in it and would assume that he thinks our entire relationship is just one big stupid joke.

What's wrong with being a man and getting her a nice bouquet of flowers and taking her out to a nice dinner? Why try and make a "joke" out of something that she's probably taking seriously?

That's weird I am pretty convinced my relationship with my husband is NOT a big joke and yet I would pee my pants laughing if he showed up on valentines day with one of those random cellophane bombs people sell on street corners on the very day with fiber optically lit flowers or that santa stocking complete with 80% off tag still hanging on it and filled with random valentines candy. Sersly, I'd pee my pants laughing with that 80% off stocking from the CVS vid.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Exactly. Especially considering the fact that she's 18 and still in high school. Girls this age go nuts for Valentine's day. She most definitely won't be bragging to her friends about stuffed animals and and other joke gifts. She is expecting something cute and romantic like flowers, Edible arrangements, a necklace, bracelet, or earrings followed by dinner.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Exactly. Especially considering the fact that she's 18 and still in high school. Girls this age go nuts for Valentine's day. She most definitely won't be bragging to her friends about stuffed animals and and other joke gifts. She is expecting something cute and romantic like flowers, Edible arrangements, a necklace, bracelet, or earrings followed by dinner.

Dinner at chuck-e-cheese?
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

That's weird I am pretty convinced my relationship with my husband is NOT a big joke and yet I would pee my pants laughing if he showed up on valentines day with one of those random cellophane bombs people sell on street corners on the very day with fiber optically lit flowers or that santa stocking complete with 80% off tag still hanging on it and filled with random valentines candy. Sersly, I'd pee my pants laughing with that 80% off stocking from the CVS vid.

Did you see where I said that I'm not into Valentines day? And also the part where I said that SHE is probably taking it seriously and might not get the "joke" and could possibly be offended that her b/f didn't take it seriously?

IDK. Maybe my sense of humor is different but I really don't see the funny in the idea and if she is taking the "holiday" seriously then she won't either.
  • JamesRustler
    JamesRustler Posts: 45 Member
    Options

whale whale whale, what do we have here?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I was just looking though all the posts, and am kinda amazed at how many people don't think adult women can still like stuffed animals. ... Maybe I'm a oddity, because I love them. I made my husband by me a stuffed bunny on our honeymoon, it sits on the printer right beside my screen. I got another fluffy bunny for valentines day, and when I get upset or mad at him, I go to bed and curl up with it and remember times when I wasn't mad at him. I also have a little Ty beanie Penguin, that I got after my miscarriage, Cuddled that little thing for days, and didn't care that people stared as I held it though a airport... It also sits on my printer now.

when I get mad at him stuffed animals are great to throw at him. They are safer than the heavier pilsner glasses I keep about.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Hahahahaha, perfect idea!
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options

when I get mad at him stuffed animals are great to throw at him. They are safer than the heavier pilsner glasses I keep about.
    Yeah, throwing stuffed animals rocks too. XD
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Why don't you tell me.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

Why don't you tell me.

Apparently, we have a WHALE here...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Why don't you tell me.

Apparently, we have a WHALE here...

We certainly do!

Please continue.