What should I get my GF for Valentines Day?

Options

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    From reading your posts, I thought you'd want to give something like this:
    giphy.gif

I would rather my husband give me this than a bunch of cheap stuffed animals and trinkets. It's the only junk I'm willing to accept on Valentine's Day or any other day.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Did anyone say balloons? You can get a fairly large tank of helium at BJs/Costco for maybe $25-30. I think they fill something like 100 balloons. I'd take the balloon over stuffed animals. Oh and chocolate.

Yes the large floaty design ballons will round out the package
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    A huge bouquet of blow pops

Speaking of pops...

f39482733458b42f9bb51430485abb02.png
    Giant chupa chup. Because yes.

hmmm only 24$

but also 24$ shipping.

I like the concept a lot tho. Would be nice to have in the bundle. Maybe if I can find it in a candy store locally.

That's a good one, it gives a message too.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    From reading your posts, I thought you'd want to give something like this:
    giphy.gif

I would rather my husband give me this than a bunch of cheap stuffed animals and trinkets. It's the only junk I'm willing to accept on Valentine's Day or any other day.

This. Preferably in my box.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    What about a random snickers bar too?
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Or Hershies Kissess!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Pick her a flower, cook her dinner and tell her you love her a lot. Then I'm sure you can work out what to do next.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Pick her a flower, cook her dinner and tell her you love her a lot. Then I'm sure you can work out what to do next.

brb climbing a mountain instead of the grocery store...
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Allegorically the humor is similar to that one time when I went on a double date to the movies with a girl and after we parked I was like "ill catch up with you guys in a sec" and I put on like 15 sprays of cologne and then we went to the movies and supposedly I was like the affable dopey overly trying to impress her but failing in a cute way kind of guy for a moment.

Its kind of the same with this where I supposedly fail, but in a cute way with all those excess cliche gifts. But in the end its just supposed to come off as flattering.

I totally get the idea!! If she has any sense of humour which she must if you love her, she'll think its funny - I think its adorable. Its the perfect over the top geek way. Love it!! Who cares if she throws the bears out its only 80 dollars to make a fun gesture. But I would make her sleep with them at least once lined up on her bed haha- pretend you're hurt if she doesn't- Have fun - LOL

"ONLY 80 dollars"??--- that would buy two face cords of wood for heating the house!! What a waste of money for cheesy stuffed animals....!!.. If you spend that much make sure it's something worthwhile, like a good dinner and a movie.or a night in a luxury motel.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Has anyone suggested a Lisa Frank Tapper Keeper...

sigh, high school
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Anything but what you suggested
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Has anyone suggested a Lisa Frank Tapper Keeper...

sigh, high school

*raises hand*
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yeah she's only 18 so I want to make a good impression on like a really traditional level of hitting all the basics. Who knows if she got flowers and chocolates before so I want to make it a special Valentines Day she can remember.

I love her.

Only 18?? Give her parents a present and leave her alone for another couple of years.

:flowerforyou:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    She initially just wanted to get some vegetarian food from whole foods lol.

If she's vegetarian and wants Whole Foods and you've got $80 to spare, you've got your answer. Don't waste the money on stuffed animals, buy her a big display of things she'll get some use out of.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    She initially just wanted to get some vegetarian food from whole foods lol.

If she's vegetarian and wants Whole Foods and you've got $80 to spare, you've got your answer. Don't waste the money on stuffed animals, buy her a big display of things she'll get some use out of.

I guess maybe you don't get the joke?

How is it a waste of money if its a symbolic gesture of how much I love her?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Anyone know some good affordable bonus trinkets from Amazon?

So far my plan is to buy like 8 different stuffed animals, some chocolate, flowers, and balloons.

KEY ELEMENT: its gotta look cluttered almost over the top. My goal is to spend less than 80$ but to make it visually feel like I spent hundreds and I want to come to her door just overloaded with gifts to an almost comical degree.

I think one annoyingly jumbo sized big bear, 2 medium stuffed bears or animals, this random stuffed frog I have with a bored grin on its face, a horse with sunglasses, heart shaped box of chocolates, at least 3 floating heart balloons, a cliche dozen roses, maybe some sort of basket too.

Again, the point is for it too look suuuuper cluttered when she first sees me.

Then we will have dinner at some unique fancy greek restaurant with live music and belly dancing and all that.

Anyone have any more good ideas for something V-Day related that takes up a lot of space but is affordable?
    Brah, just give her a black and white photo of you doing a statue of David pose.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

So far my plan is to buy like 8 different stuffed animals, some chocolate, flowers, and balloons.

KEY ELEMENT: its gotta look cluttered almost over the top. My goal is to spend less than 80$ but to make it visually feel like I spent hundreds and I want to come to her door just overloaded with gifts to an almost comical degree.

I think one annoyingly jumbo sized big bear, 2 medium stuffed bears or animals, this random stuffed frog I have with a bored grin on its face, a horse with sunglasses, heart shaped box of chocolates, at least 3 floating heart balloons, a cliche dozen roses, maybe some sort of basket too.

Then we will have dinner at some unique fancy greek restaurant with live music and belly dancing and all that.

Anyone have any more good ideas for something V-Day related that takes up a lot of space but is affordable?
    Brah, just give her a black and white photo of you doing a statue of David pose.

IDEA Fitness member
    lolololll
  • nutellabrah
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

A random headshot of me included amongst the gifts could work actually. Like "oh hey theres this too..."
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    looooollllll

ironically-celebrate-valentines-day-ecard-someecards.jpg
  • JamesRustler
    JamesRustler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good job dating a woman who's in her prime. Most women go downhill fast after they turn 21. Between the mixed drinks and spending 4 years at college riding the c**k carousel, most 21 year old look like they are pushing 41.