What should I get my GF for Valentines Day?

Options

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    All that stuff won't get her turned on, it'll have the opposite effect. You're buying her crap she doesn't need in exchange for sex.

Instead, lead her someplace fun and make a good memory.

So making a woman laugh is not a good thing?

That won't make her laugh... she'll say "How could you spend money on this nonsense?? Are you nuts?"

ummmm do you get my joke though? Get it? Its like a caricature of V-Day gifts. The more cliche my arsenal the more funny it will be. Then later on the phone with her friends she's like "OMG guess what my boyfriend did for Valentines day loool"

Also we are not married, money is not a factor.

I don't see anything funny about that. Maybe you have to be really young, but I'd expect her to say something more like " Oh god, guess what lame **** my BF did for Valentine's day, what a loser!"
    Its not my cup of tea either, but presumably he knows his girlfriends sense of humour.
    Chocolate body paint or something OP?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    i never understood why guys give stuffed animals for V-day unless they're dating a 14 year old.

Considering the OP...
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Easy there turbo, next year you'll be feeling the need to top this and it's gonna get harder! Honestly I think gift on Valentines Day is a waste. I'd rather just spend time with my husband. Maybe get dinner or something. We're pretty low key like that though.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Britney Spears CD! Britney is always trying to be "over the top"..
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    All that stuff won't get her turned on, it'll have the opposite effect. You're buying her crap she doesn't need in exchange for sex.

Instead, lead her someplace fun and make a good memory.

So making a woman laugh is not a good thing?

That won't make her laugh... she'll say "How could you spend money on this nonsense?? Are you nuts?"

ummmm do you get my joke though? Get it? Its like a caricature of V-Day gifts. The more cliche my arsenal the more funny it will be. Then later on the phone with her friends she's like "OMG guess what my boyfriend did for Valentines day loool"

Also we are not married, money is not a factor.

I don't see anything funny about that. Maybe you have to be really young, but I'd expect her to say something more like " Oh god, guess what lame **** my BF did for Valentine's day, what a loser!"
    Its not my cup of tea either, but presumably he knows his girlfriends sense of humour.
    Chocolate body paint or something OP?

Now THAT idea sounds like a fun time!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Britney Spears CD! Britney is always trying to be "over the top"..

Hit me baby, one more time.

V. kinky.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Presumably the person who knows her best should pick out the present.

So you were probably right to ask MFP.
  • hyperbolee
    Options
    If she seems to like cliche things, you will do well. Good luck!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Presumably the person who knows her best should pick out the present.

So you were probably right to ask MFP.

Gold
  • BennettV72
    Options
    I think it's a great idea, especially since you're putting so much thought into it. I think you could do a few balloon animals. They're fun and will certainly take up a bunch of space, as well as adding to the funny-factor.

Enjoy your day with her!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Another book about making a great impression on people.

He should keep that one for himself.
    It might prove beneficial for him
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    My last year's gift? A hand held dirt devil.
    This year? I am single. For obvious reasons.

ETA: I do second a previous poster's mention in scraping the stuffed bear idea and taking her somewhere. I think it shows more thought than a few clicks on Amazon.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Allegorically the humor is similar to that one time when I went on a double date to the movies with a girl and after we parked I was like "ill catch up with you guys in a sec" and I put on like 15 sprays of cologne and then we went to the movies and supposedly I was like the affable dopey overly trying to impress her but failing in a cute way kind of guy for a moment.

Its kind of the same with this where I supposedly fail, but in a cute way with all those excess cliche gifts. But in the end its just supposed to come off as flattering.
  • MelsAuntie
    Options

ETA: I do second a previous poster's mention in scraping the stuffed bear idea and taking her somewhere. I think it shows more thought than a few clicks on Amazon.

I would much rather have a dirt devil than stuffed animals and balloons! The balloons would go straight to the trash, and the stuffed animals to the dog for dog toys. That chocolate body paint idea is the best one yet!
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Nutella?

THIS! ...and some glitter
  • HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Weed sprinkled with some Mdma .
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I'm 32 now. I'd love a handheld Dirt Devil lol.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    perhaps an appropriate card?

8GRGX6.creepy_valentine.jpg
  • MelsAuntie
    Options
    Allegorically the humor is similar to that one time when I went on a double date to the movies with a girl and after we parked I was like "ill catch up with you guys in a sec" and I put on like 15 sprays of cologne and then we went to the movies and supposedly I was like the affable dopey overly trying to impress her but failing in a cute way kind of guy for a moment.

Its kind of the same with this where I supposedly fail, but in a cute way with all those excess cliche gifts. But in the end its just supposed to come off as flattering.

I think the operative word here is "failing".
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    A giant Justin Bieber poster?