What should I get my GF for Valentines Day?

Options

Replies

• bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yeah .. they have to have the chains connecting everything together though. Your Welcome.
  • Fitastic14
    Options
    Anyone know some good affordable bonus trinkets from Amazon?

So far my plan is to buy like 8 different stuffed animals, some chocolate, flowers, and balloons.

KEY ELEMENT: its gotta look cluttered almost over the top. My goal is to spend less than 80$ but to make it visually feel like I spent hundreds and I want to come to her door just overloaded with gifts to an almost comical degree.

I think one annoyingly jumbo sized big bear, 2 medium stuffed bears or animals, this random stuffed frog I have with a bored grin on its face, a horse with sunglasses, heart shaped box of chocolates, at least 3 floating heart balloons, a cliche dozen roses, maybe some sort of basket too.

Again, the point is for it too look suuuuper cluttered when she first sees me.

Then we will have dinner at some unique fancy greek restaurant with live music and belly dancing and all that.

Anyone have any more good ideas for something V-Day related that takes up a lot of space but is affordable?

IMO - sentiment goes a much LONGER way then expense/quantity. lol Not knocking you, or her, but seems you're gong a bit overboard... :)

Something as simple as a homemade card or store-bought with a heartfelt note, make a bracelet...you know, something she'll cherish.

Good luck!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    No stuffed animals! UGH! She is not a child!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Protein powder....
    the good stuff.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Yeah .. they have to have the chains connecting everything together though. Your Welcome.

Thank you.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I assume someone has already suggested "a boyfriend" right?

...and here ladies and gentlemen you can see a beta out in the wild in his natural habitat trying to challenge the manhood of an alpha. A cheap and rarely effective tactic of which only the most beta of females would respond to ^

So.... no.

Therefore, I suggest she find herself a boyfriend.
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just posting because I want to come back and read this later. It is giving me quite a laugh. As for gifts, while I don't celebrate Valentines Day, my favorite things I have received from someone have been books or hand written notes. Also I prefer to receive a gift for no reason then because there is some pressure from society to acknowledge a holiday, to me it just means more.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    A new Trapper Keeper.

For the win!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

:laugh: umm...she's 18?
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    Depends on your girlfriend, but most girls love flowers. All I want is flowers from my guy. Maybe plan a special outing. Start with flowers, take her out to a nice dinner, see a movie then take a midnight stroll and star gaze.

My idea of a perfect Valentines Day:flowerforyou:
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    A new boyfriend?

:laugh:
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I got a scale for my birthday once.

Probably not the best gift to receive...
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

She's 18!! And he's 27…… :O
  • nutellabrah
    Options

IMO - sentiment goes a much LONGER way then expense/quantity. lol Not knocking you, or her, but seems you're gong a bit overboard... :)

Something as simple as a homemade card or store-bought with a heartfelt note, make a bracelet...you know, something she'll cherish.

Good luck!

But it IS equivalent to a sentiment. I mean the whole layer of humor IS the sentiment. She knows it not about quantity. Its almost cutely overwhelming, like my overzealousness of love for her forgot to think things through and I over did it. What is she gonna do with all the those bears? What about the overwhelming amount of everything. On one hand its stressful. But its a good kind of stress.

In the end it all plays out like I genuinely care about her, my focus is on her, and I care about her. I want to impress her, and I put thought into the dramatics of the act, the performance piece if you will.

Thats technically what it is. I love her enough to "act" for her and put on a performance piece to mess with her and joke around with her. Thats how serious I am.

If I didn't truly care about her, I wouldn't try to plan all this out to go down like this.

I know dude, its a joke.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I got a scale for my birthday once.

Probably not the best gift to receive...

Girl, that's crazy! You look PHENOMENAL!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Subscription to match.com?
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Girl, that's crazy! You look PHENOMENAL!!

LOL, thanks! To be fair, I had asked for one. But I was definitely self-conscious as it was between pregnancies and I wasn't working out... just wanted to keep tabs on my weight.
  • mistyloveslife
    mistyloveslife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Our local Big Lots store had stuffed bears that were 3 feet tall for $30.00. They are huge and didn't look cheap like I imagined they would. My daughter got one for her boyfriend. If you have a Big Lots, look there. They had bears, and gorilla's at our store. This was a couple weeks ago. Good luck!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    1)3216AO-EKS0156.jpg you can eat it off her

2) a giant hershey kiss

3) TraderJoeScrub.jpg

i like the insane stuffed animals ideas and the crazy post it's galore ideas. those should be "coupons" redeemable for random v-day ish like back rubs, foot rubs, bewb rubs, and scalp rubz, and cuticle rubs.

I think I get the gist of your "joke" gift and I presume your GF will too if she is with you she is likely to share your sense of humor.

I agree that at least some of the stuff should be usable by her and yeah the tackier and bigger the better. Mylar balloons, pink and red and purple out the yin yang. Your roses could be chocolate though...just sayin'.

red-foiled-milk-chocolate-roses-size-comparison.jpg

Just make sure there is also the obligatory red glitter and red heart patterned cellophane somewhere in there. And that your post its are bright pink. Have fun making fun of us old folks who take all the holidays so seriously.

May I suggest you show up wearing these? 41738302.jpg

BTW Party City is the place most likely to provide you with an insane variety of tacky junk.
  • stacetherainbow
    Options
    OP, I assume you're being intentionally cheesy, so I'd recommend heart shaped box of chocolates, balloons, carnations...
    On another note, I'd strongly recommend putting that $80 towards something great like a night at a local hotel or a spa treatment.
    But hey, maybe you both really loved this SNL sketch and you want to get her some dumb little thing from CVS...

http://www.allthosethingsilove.com/some-dumb-little-thing-from-cvs-snl-parody-ad/

Either way, good luck!