HOW MUCH SUGAR IS TOO MUCH?

1101112131416»

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    MFP gives the ability to block anyone and we all have the prerogative to do just that. We need to remember why we are here and that is to help one another. I realize that there is a small percentage of the 35 million members on the site who feel the need to antagonize and it really spoils it for the large percentage who are sincere and here to get help and give help and support. Please give this a second thought. Everyone's time is valuable and people get turned off in a group where the topic is just bickering back and forth and discrediting one another.

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity Group

Then there's also the small subset of users on MFP who spout absolute nonsense and lies in desperate attempts to make people terrified of certain nutrients.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    MFP gives the ability to block anyone and we all have the prerogative to do just that. We need to remember why we are here and that is to help one another. I realize that there is a small percentage of the 35 million members on the site who feel the need to antagonize and it really spoils it for the large percentage who are sincere and here to get help and give help and support. Please give this a second thought. Everyone's time is valuable and people get turned off in a group where the topic is just bickering back and forth and discrediting one another.

Joanne Moniz

Joanne,

What if I continually posted in threads, that vegetables and fruits were harmful to people because we should all be concerned about micornutrient toxicity due to overdose?

Then, I convinced everyone to stop eating vegetables and fruit.

I'm here to help people. Shouldn't I be allowed to continue my ranting without people trying to bicker with me? I mean, I can show you that at some point, excessive nutrient intake can lead to health problems.

The public forums are not exclusively designed to support one another and we are most certainly NOT all here for the same reasons.

One feature of the forums is to exchange information. When someone presents information that other people don't agree with, I most certainly think debate can be a much more productive feature than simply ignoring it.

You never know who else is reading the posts and who may walk away from discourse with new (and potentially harmful) information.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member

Joanne Moniz

Joanne,

What if I continually posted in threads, that vegetables and fruits were harmful to people because we should all be concerned about micornutrient toxicity due to overdose?

I'm here to help people. Shouldn't I be allowed to continue my ranting without people trying to bicker with me? I mean, I can show you that at some point, excessive nutrient intake can lead to health problems.

The public forums are not exclusively designed to support one another and we are most certainly NOT all here for the same reasons.

One feature of the forums is to exchange information. When someone presents information that other people don't agree with, I most certainly think debate can be a much more productive feature than simply ignoring it.

You never know who else is reading the posts and who may walk away from discourse with new (and potentially harmful) information.

QFT
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,147 Member

Joanne Moniz
    The problem isn't trying to help people, the problem is with misinformation. You, I and everyone should always challenge our beliefs to keep things in balance otherwise the likelihood for totally ignoring conflicting data becomes a real psychological shortcoming......
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Joanne Moniz

Joanne,

QFT

+1
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

Joanne Moniz
    What SideSteel said. And I also want to point out that you have a habit of spamming people with this pseudoscience. I have never, ever expressed an opinion similar to yours and am firmly in the "IIFYM" crowd and I eat at least a little bit of refined sugar daily (it isn't the bulk of my calories, but I don't actively avoid it, I simply try to eat a balanced diet 90% of the time). Yet, you have sent me at different times both a friend request asking me to join you on your no-sugar quest and also to join your anti-sugar group.

Almost everyone on my friends list has received invitations to your group, friend requests and PMs pushing your campaign. So, pot, meet kettle.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

Joanne Moniz
    What SideSteel said. And I also want to point out that you have a habit of spamming people with this pseudoscience. I have never, ever expressed an opinion similar to yours and am firmly in the "IIFYM" crowd and I eat at least a little bit of refined sugar daily (it isn't the bulk of my calories, but I don't actively avoid it, I simply try to eat a balanced diet 90% of the time). Yet, you have sent me at different times both a friend request asking me to join you on your no-sugar quest and also to join your anti-sugar group.

Almost everyone on my friends list has received invitations to your group, friend requests and PMs pushing your campaign. So, pot, meet kettle.

Yeah, the random shotgun "I'm going to PM every active poster to join my anti-sugar group" from Joanna is ridiculous.

It's obvious she just PMs random usernames that she sees on the boards. She PMed me - a guy with ice cream and Pop Tarts logos in his ticker - to join her anti-sugar group. Really?

Yeah. Quit spamming.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member

Joanne Moniz

Joanne,

QFT

+1

+ 2 is that what she sent? I did not even bother to read it...
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member

Joanne Moniz

Yeah, the random shotgun "I'm going to PM every active poster to join my anti-sugar group" from Joanna is ridiculous.

It's obvious she just PMs random usernames that she sees on the boards. She PMed me - a guy with ice cream and Pop Tarts logos in his ticker - to join her anti-sugar group. Really?

Yeah. Quit spamming.

Yes!! Another one, asking her to quit with the damn spamming!