So this was something new today

Options

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    As long as everyone, whether they are gay, straight, bi, purple, gluten free, tall, short, skinny, bow legged, big chested, white, black and every color of the spectrum in between behaves with the proper decorum and etiquette while in the locker room and gym....I have no problem with how their make their sexy time. That's their business!!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    How did he even know they were gay?

Gay men bite their lip when they are checking you out. True story. I heard it on Dr. Phil
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    Doesn't bother me. I am not looking around to see if men are checking me out.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Are you comfortable with a gay individual being in the locker room of your child?

Of course. Gay DOES NOT mean pedophile. :noway:

And hetrosexual DOES NOT mean pedophile.... so you'd be ok with me going into your daughter's locker room?

Would you be ok with a woman going into your locker room?
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Nope doesn't bother me at all... sex in the locker room would bother me, no matter who was doing, so I guess I'd suggest a sign in both locker rooms saying to act respectful of others... this is not a motel or um get a motel room LOL
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow lol. People shouldn't even be focused on others when going to the gym. I dont pay attention to anything around me but myself and my workout.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options

And Maximus - what about bisexuals? Seems to me we are going to need a lot of locker rooms!

ETA: straight male; no problems with sharing a locker room

You're right. Right now, from a locker room level, women are protected from men who are sexually attracted to them. Why aren't men afforded that same luxury?

And to the others on this thread.... take this to another level... Are you comfortable with a gay individual being in the locker room of your child?

Um I wouldn't bring my kid into the locker room at my gym, gay people or not.

But no I wouldn't give a rip about gays or lesbians sharing a locker room. Seriously?
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Are you comfortable with a gay individual being in the locker room of your child?

Of course. Gay DOES NOT mean pedophile. :noway:

And hetrosexual DOES NOT mean pedophile.... so you'd be ok with me going into your daughter's locker room?

been to many concerts and sporting events where women go in an use the men's room and never seen anyone hav ea problem with it.
    Would you be ok with a woman going into your locker room?
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Just because someone might be gay doesn't mean they find YOU attractive.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,059 Member
    Options
    So...if public locker rooms bother people, that would be their problem.

They are more than welcome to not join that gym. Ferchrissakes, a gym is a private business. When you join you are given a tour. If you don't like it, don't join.

Shower at home.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Just because someone might be gay doesn't mean they find YOU attractive.

A just because someone is hetrosexual doesn't mean they would find YOU attractive. So let me into your locker room! :wink:

I don't care. Trust me , you're not going to like what you see.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't care one bit. If a gay guy is attracted to me in a locker room...so what? I'll let the insecure folks of the world worry about that.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of men's restroom rules. Look forward, don't make eye contact, no conversation. I honestly wish women had those same rules in the bathroom. I don't want to get chatty with a random stranger while we're doing our business. But if those rules were followed in a gym, it really wouldn't matter what the sexual orientation of the people in there was because no one would be looking at each other and no one would be speaking to each other.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    who cares! wow. Nakedness is natural and people are really weird about nakedness.

I love my gay friends. I know if I ask if something makes my *kitten* look big, they will say yes.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

And Maximus - what about bisexuals? Seems to me we are going to need a lot of locker rooms!

ETA: straight male; no problems with sharing a locker room

You're right. Right now, from a locker room level, women are protected from men who are sexually attracted to them. Why aren't men afforded that same luxury?

And to the others on this thread.... take this to another level... Are you comfortable with a gay individual being in the locker room of your child?

I don't have any problem with gays in the locker room, long as they, like everyone else, keep it to them selves.

What bugs me are the guys who "hang out" in the locker room and insist on spending an eternity standing around buck naked. Seems like there's always one guy. Dude, I'm glad you are comfortable with your body, but don't swing that thing at me, gay straight or otherwise.
    Nope, don't care one bit. If a gay guy is attracted to me in a locker room...so what? I'll let the insecure folks of the world worry about that.

So you're cool if I go into your wife's locker room? I mean, surely she isn't insecure about that.

In theory, there shouldn't be any issue with a co-ed locker room. As long as you kept the same "rules" I assume for a gay man in the guys locker room. If someone in there is gay, I assume I'd get in and out without ever knowing.

In practice, I doubt it would go as smoothly in a co-ed locker room.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people assume that nudity must be a sexual thing. Nudity is not sexual. It's just nudity.

Also the arrogance of some people is astounding; just because someone is gay doesn't mean they are attracted to every single person of the same sex.

I personally think the ideal solution is to have gender segregated and unisex facilities, as well as individual booths for anyone who doesn't feel comfortable getting naked in front of others -- regardless of what genitals they have.