So this was something new today

Options

Replies

• GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    What bugs me are the guys who "hang out" in the locker room and insist on spending an eternity standing around buck naked. Seems like there's always one guy. Dude, I'm glad you are comfortable with your body, but don't swing that thing at me, gay straight or otherwise.

Are there seriously people who "swing" their "thing" at you? Like what sort of proximity are they doing aforementioned swinging?
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    How did he even know they were gay?

And Maximus - what about bisexuals? Seems to me we are going to need a lot of locker rooms!

ETA: straight male; no problems with sharing a locker room

You're right. Right now, from a locker room level, women are protected from men who are sexually attracted to them. Why aren't men afforded that same luxury?

And to the others on this thread.... take this to another level... Are you comfortable with a gay individual being in the locker room of your child?

Um I wouldn't bring my kid into the locker room at my gym, gay people or not.

But no I wouldn't give a rip about gays or lesbians sharing a locker room. Seriously?
    It wasn't a question about you bring your kids into your locker room. It was referring to their locker room at school.

I still don't give a rip.

When I was 16 I went to a summer camp and my roommate was gay.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    Are you comfortable with a gay individual being in the locker room of your child?

Of course. Gay DOES NOT mean pedophile. :noway:
    THIS so much. That was kind of a low blow.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    What bugs me are the guys who "hang out" in the locker room and insist on spending an eternity standing around buck naked. Seems like there's always one guy. Dude, I'm glad you are comfortable with your body, but don't swing that thing at me, gay straight or otherwise.

Are there seriously people who "swing" their "thing" at you? Like what sort of proximity are they doing aforementioned swinging?

lol No, not literally. But there's always one dude who was walking around naked when I go in who's still walking around naked when I go out.
  • rachaelbarton
    rachaelbarton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It would make me uncomfortable to some degree, but mostly I think it isn't fair for them to get a free show if they are attracted. Not cool.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,060 Member
    Options
    If someone in there is gay, I assume I'd get in and out without ever knowing.

In practice, I doubt it would go as smoothly in a co-ed locker room.

So much giggity here.

Yes. I'm 12.
  • fast_eddie_72
    Options
    If someone in there is gay, I assume I'd get in and out without ever knowing.

In practice, I doubt it would go as smoothly in a co-ed locker room.

So much giggity here.

Yes. I'm 12.

lol
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    It would make me uncomfortable to some degree, but mostly I think it isn't fair for them to get a free show if they are attracted. Not cool.

Do you really think they're looking? If (and I'm assuming you're straight, here) a man you found attractive was in the changing rooms undressing, would YOU stare? They'd have to be gay plus have no idea of normal social boundaries to do that. And I'd be worried about the latter quality rather than the former.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

there is so much unfairness that affects gay people in this world. I'm willing to let them have this one "unfair" thing work to their benefit
  • rachaelbarton
    Options
    It would be possible to look. That makes me uncomfortable.
  • rachaelbarton
    Options
    I understand that some people are cool with it. I'm not, and I shouldn't have to be.
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    I understand that some people are cool with it. I'm not, and I shouldn't have to be.

you're welcome to not use the locker room
  • GertrudeHorse
    Options
    LOL No, not literally. But there's always one dude who was walking around naked when I go in who's still walking around naked when I go out.

Can you not avert your eyes? I guess I'd be happy to know they feel self-confident enough to do that. Most people have appalling self-esteem so I think it's refreshing when people have no hangups about being naked.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,060 Member
    Options

you're welcome to not use the locker room

This. If you're uncomfortable, that's YOUR problem.
  • rachaelbarton
    Options
    I don't believe that because gays are subjected to unfair things in life that I should be as well. That theory defeats itself immediately.
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am gay. There is nothing more uncomfortable to me than changing in a locker room. Not because I'm gay, not because there are women undressing in front of me. I'm uncomfortable because there is nothing LESS SEXY than being in that situation, worried people will wonder if you are looking. Everyone sneaks a peak now and then, gay or not, its a matter of curiosity and comparing yourself to someone else. I have never ogled or wanted to look in a sexual way at anyone in the locker room. I gather most gay people probably feel the same way. I do the "look straight forward, get in and get out" approach for this reason. Gay people have plenty of places to "get a free show", believe me the stinky locker room is not high on the list.
  • fast_eddie_72
    Options
    LOL No, not literally. But there's always one dude who was walking around naked when I go in who's still walking around naked when I go out.

Can you not avert your eyes? I guess I'd be happy to know they feel self-confident enough to do that. Most people have appalling self-esteem so I think it's refreshing when people have no hangups about being naked.

Oh I do! And, yeah, I'll freely admit it's more my hang up then theirs.
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    I don't believe that because gays are subjected to unfair things in life that I should be as well. That theory defeats itself immediately.

it was more of a joke.

but you feeling comfortable from the the glance of someone in a lockeroom is very low on my list of worries when it comes to equality in this world.
  • GertrudeHorse
    Options

There is so much unfairness that affects gay people in this world. I'm willing to let them have this one "unfair" thing work to their benefit.

Awesomely valid point. Also...I'm curious about these changing rooms where people put on a "show", for free or otherwise. I think I'm missing out! Most changing rooms I visit just have regular people who shower, get dressed and leave. There's no show or parade (sadly).
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I am gay. There is nothing more uncomfortable to me than changing in a locker room. Not because I'm gay, not because there are women undressing in front of me. I'm uncomfortable because there is nothing LESS SEXY than being in that situation, worried people will wonder if you are looking.

+1