So this was something new today

Options

Replies

• GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You are exactly right however our society discriminates against the heterosexual male.

Bahahahahaha .... *and I'm out*
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing a ton of valid counterarguments here, so I rest my case. It seems we're resorting to petty insults and anonymous disrespect, neither of which suit me.

guess you win
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That old man is an idiot who doesn't see he is discriminating openly

As a straight man I'm also offended that women have separate locker rooms :)
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    That old man is an idiot who doesn't see he is discriminating openly

As a straight man I'm also offended that women have separate locker rooms :)

I'd tell the gym I'm gay and everyone would be more comfortable if I used the women's locker room, but I'm pretty sure my wife would rat me out.
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    You are exactly right however our society discriminates against the heterosexual male.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!

Umm is someone actually seriously saying society discriminates against the heterosexual male?? You should just add white in there for good measure. That is laughable.

Also women do not have separate changing rooms to protect us from everyone that may be attracted to us. You act like if we all changed together hands would be flying everywhere. It is just because it is more comfortable to be around someone with the same parts as you. We all have boobs therefore it is nothing new to see.
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Are you comfortable with a gay individual being in the locker room of your child?

Of course. Gay DOES NOT mean pedophile. :noway:

And hetrosexual DOES NOT mean pedophile.... so you'd be ok with me going into your daughter's locker room?

I think you might be sexually confused
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,059 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing a ton of valid counterarguments here, so I rest my case. It seems we're resorting to petty insults and anonymous disrespect, neither of which suit me.

Wow. You've turned us all.

Thank you for your contribution? (is that what you are searching for, unconditional love?)
  • GertrudeHorse
    Options

Where are the insults and disrespect? I missed those bits...*shrug* all my responses to you have been genuine. To summarise: any feelings of uncomfortableness are your own issue to work on; they are certainly not valid justification for excluding LGBT people from changing rooms. If you can't get over the uncomfortabless then you should avoid public changing rooms until you can.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Just because someone might be gay doesn't mean they find YOU attractive.

But... but ... but... How could they not be attracted to me????

On a more serious note, I really have a problem with the lesbians, I hate the competition. (rim shot oh yeah!)

Seriously, if you keep to yourself and don't try to push your lifestyle/wants/opinions on me I really don't give 2 ****s what you do.
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    Also if people are attracted to me and they want to look. GO ME must mean all the hard work is paying off. If you aren't comfortable changing in front of people find a stall. PROBLEM solved.
  • GertrudeHorse
    Options

On a more serious note, I really have a problem with the lesbians, I hate the competition. (rim shot oh yeah!)

Seriously, if you keep to yourself and don't try to push your lifestyle/wants/opinions on me I really don't give 2 ****s what you do.

*giggling uncontrollably*

"rim shot" has an altogether different meaning in NZ slang...and I'm also 12 years old.
  • Stubbornfighter
    Stubbornfighter Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That defeats the purpose of equality. Someone should not feel as if they aren't welcome in the changing room because they are not comfortable. You're skewing the scale. I know when I had to change in the locker rooms I was uncomfortable because girls were very forward about expressing interest. This isn't about gay or straight, it's about being respectful and giving everyone their space. I doubt the older gentleman would have been bothered if the aforementioned gay man was doing his own thing , minding his own business, change, shower, leave as everyone should. We don't know however so it is not anyone's place to make judgments on him for letting his discomfort be known.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    In my college days, I worked as a squash instructor at a private club that had some openly gay members. I'll admit it was something that gave me pause at first, but once i got acquainted with some them as individuals, i quickly got over any qualms i may have had.

Of course, everybody behaved... under different circumstances, i may have developed a different attitude - who knows?
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

*giggling uncontrollably*

"rim shot" has an altogether different meaning in NZ slang...and I'm also 12 years old.

I've spent a lot of years being 13 years old and I know exactly what it means. LoL
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Maybe the guys who don't want to be looked at shouldn't dry their balls under the hand dryer.

No problem with gay women in the locker room. If they find me worth looking at, it's a compliment.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    That defeats the purpose of equality. Someone should not feel as if they aren't welcome in the changing room because they are not comfortable. You're skewing the scale. I know when I had to change in the locker rooms I was uncomfortable because girls were very forward about expressing interest. This isn't about gay or straight, it's about being respectful and giving everyone their space. I doubt the older gentleman would have been bothered if the aforementioned gay man was doing his own thing , minding his own business, change, shower, leave as everyone should. We don't know however so it is not anyone's place to make judgments on him for letting his discomfort be known.

sorry, i dont give the benefit of the doubt to the elderly generation to have a basis for their hatred/ mistrust of minority groups.

i bet a more likely scenario is he doesnt like gay people cause they're gay, not cause they make unwanted passes at him
  • leaner426
    Options
    Not a bit. If they look, who cares? All I ask of either sex is that they aren't grabbing me without permission or conducting PDAs that reach "get a room - tmi" level.
  • johnsonb0921
    johnsonb0921 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    To those those of you who are saying it makes you uncomfortable that there might be a gay person in your locker room who might find you attractive:

A gay person has already found you attractive, because you are all sexy bishes. You just have probably been none the wiser this entire time. :)

There, now that you know it's already happened, and you didn't die a "death, gay death!", what are you so afraid of? So long as someone is not making unwanted sexual advances or sexually harassing you (which is inappropriate no matter what gender/orientation you are), then what does it matter? I find many people attractive every day, and they will never know - so who cares? You also can certainly find someone attractive (even - GASP - think naughty thoughts!), without them ever knowing, and without anybody ever getting hurt. It's perfectly natural, and harms no one.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Also women do not have separate changing rooms to protect us from everyone that may be attracted to us. You act like if we all changed together hands would be flying everywhere. It is just because it is more comfortable to be around someone with the same parts as you. We all have boobs therefore it is nothing new to see.

Are you saying that since I've seen boobs before that I'd be welcome in the women's locker room?

I'm sorry... i couldn't resist! :flowerforyou: