The meanest thing just happened :-(

Options
Currently, i weigh 136 at 5'6. Which is 8-11 pounds lighter than my outdated pics on here (most of them I was around 144, one I was at 147) so I know im not big and blah but I'm so desperate to get to 125. I was just at the gym when this guy who is usually there when I am comes up to me for the first time and says *it's so nice to see you here so often! Once you lose 20 pounds, Youre going to look amazing.* I just said *um. I don't intend on losing 20 pounds* and he goes *well, that's my recommendation. I think you should rethink your goals.* I literally went into the lockerroom and cried :-(. Just wanted to share it. Too embarrassed to rant to anyone I know so thanks for reading.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    sounds like a grade A douche ….

When you let things bother you like that you let the Ahole win it is best to just ignore them and just brush off…

or you could of always say, and when you put about 15 pounds of muscle on you will look a lot better too …

unless of course he was already shredded…

I think your pic looks hot…:) So screw the F'r...
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an A**!!! I think your pic looks great! I can't wait until I am down to even 144! This is the exact reason that there are so many people that are afraid to go the the gym. Keep your head high and ignore the guy that is apparently better than everyone else!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Wow I would have told him off. Ain't nobody got time for unnecessary comments.
  • XxLostCookiexX
    Options
    Girrrrrrrl, you look amazing in your photos! That a-hole needs to get his eyes checked.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    What a JERK!
    Some people are just... Stupid. Don't listen to him, focus on YOUR goals!:flowerforyou:
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    What a prick! I pity him. It must be a miserable existance to be so mean. You are gorgeous (and your current weight is perfectly healthy)!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Just let him know he could use a few more inches...and I am not referring to his height :wink:

Agreed this guy is a douche bag, ignore him and keep smashing it.

Sadly even when we are content with our appearance, health, fitness etc there will ALWAYS be naysayers.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I would have slapped him across the face.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Holy hell. If a guy can be a douche to a gorgeous girl like you, then there is no hope for humanity. I just thought it was us chubby girls who got the rude comments.....
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    "Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is realizing the person was born and idiot."
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    he must have a fetish for underweight, sickly waifs......poor guy. I don't suppose he can help his mental state :P
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would have slapped him across the face.

^^
    I was actually going to say, where I come from a good belting for that sort of snide remark would be perfectly acceptable :D
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Seriously?? What a grade "A" *kitten*! I know you are young and its really hard at your age not to take those kinds of comments personally but there is something seriously wrong with the idiot. You look great! Losing another 20 pounds would probably not be healthy. The purpose of the gym is to better your body and improve your overall health. A number on the scale does not determine your worth as a person neither do the comments of idiot strangers! Hang in there!
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    Screw him!! Don't listen to him. Focus on yourself. He is just looking for someone to bully. I would have slapped him.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Perhaps he's following the d-bag rules of dating? You know, compliment a girl in a way that is an insult also so that she is off balance and vulnerable...then move in for the kill. I actually have know guys who do this....and it sadly does work pretty well for them.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Here he is, the Biggest D*uche of the Universe! In all the galaxies, there's no bigger d*uche than you!
    You've reached the top, the pinnacle of d*uchedom! Good going, d*uche. Your dreams have come true!
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    is he okay.

does he need help.

i think he needs help. where did he get the idea he could tell you how your body is supposed to look?
  • ladyace0007
    Options
    Either this guy is a complete *kitten*, or he doesn't understand what twenty pounds looks like. Either way, it's not your problem, and don't let his ignorance influence the way you feel about yourself. I'm less than an inch taller than you and just a few pounds lighter, so I have a pretty good frame of reference when I say that if you ever weigh 116 pounds at 5'6" you need to seek professional help because that is nowhere near healthy.

Keep working toward the goals that YOU have set for yourself. Pricks like him will get what's coming to them somewhere down the road.
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You should say "do you even lift" and walk away. He's an *kitten* and likely has no friends.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    maybe he was trying to pick you up..I'm guessing he failed