The meanest thing just happened :-(

Options

Replies

• spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Look on the bright side... you could be married to him.

Btw, one day he is going to ask you out on a date. Then you say "you should rethink your goals."
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    LOL! Where did this moron think you'd find 20 pounds to lose? And this a pic of you heavier than you are now? Perhaps he'd like you to cut off your left leg at the knee?

You look great, don't let people like him bother you
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    He was clearly delusional from flexing in the mirror and doing bicep curls.

Remember this, next time: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well he is definitely an idiot.Some people just get satisfaction at putting others down we have to look over there ignorance.You look great .
  • SummerNonegiven
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with how you look. No one can be mean to someone else if they are good within themselves. If someone is mean to you like that (with no justification!) it's because they are threatened by what you've achieved, and they think they need to bring you down so they can feel better about themselves.

I'm sad that he hurt you so much. I think a comment like that should be reported to the manager! Hold your head high and keep going. You look fantastic. Enjoy your achievements and don't let anyone stop you, ever! :smile:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I would have slapped him across the face.

Yes. And embarrassed the **** out of him. What a douche.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    Rudeness is his problem. Caring what a total stanger thinks is yours. You only control one of those. Work on fixing that one.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    "Thank you for your feedback" and then proceed to critique him from head to toe.......
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I have to believe he did it to cut you down on purpose and harbors a resentment towards women, or has absolutely no social skills whatsoever.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Btw, one day he is going to ask you out on a date. Then you say "you should rethink your goals."

^^This! Plus, he's an idiot. You're gorgeous, sweetie :)
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Screw him! I would have shot something right back at him! Like my fist. Or, if he didn't seem like he needed to lose weight, I would have said, "Cool, we can lose 20 pounds together. I know that will get you motivated to lose the rest when we're done."
  • wayne12182
    Options
    That's horrible...
  • WarrenMrFitBloom
    Options
    Screw that dude. When your goal is health that is all that matters. Most people in the gym have a skewed perspective on what the body should look like. BTW what have you being doing. Have you ever tried a CLEAN EATING PROTOCOL?
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is 21.9... so apparently he's a douche who can't see straight. Math doesn't lie... you're just fine as you are!

Elyos? Ew.

;-)
  • fifi02
    Options
    you look great! 20 pounds would be too much!! x
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh, the rudeness just astounds! :*( You look great in your pic, and he's just a grade-A a**.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    You look great, and are at a great weight. I'm three inches shorter than you, and am at about 142 pounds, and if I get down to 136 I'll be thrilled, and probably will start maintaining actually. That guy sounds like an A-hole. Don't let people like that ever get to you, just brush them off and know that you are a way better person. :flowerforyou:
  • vt78che
    vt78che Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ah...the arrogant gym a-hole! Most people at the gym are really great, just like on here. But there are always a few that seem to have made a goal of turning their brains into muscle. I'm sorry to hear you ran into one. From what I see of you, you look fine, and losing 20 pounds would probably be way too much. The good part is, you obviously have his attention! Just ignore him and let it be his problem. As Eleanore Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    You look great.
    He will probably try to talk to you again. If I were you, I'd ignore him when he does. Life is too short to entertain a clumsy fool like him.
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I always just claim that my goal isn't weight loss - I'm just at the gym as part of my ninja training.