The meanest thing just happened :-(

Options

Replies

• andit001
    andit001 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Was it Barney Stinson? he sounds like he's just trying to put you down so you'll have low self-esteem and need approval from men and want to date him. Punch him in the face instead.

Totally beat me to it.

To reiterate:

That guy sounds like he is trying to manipulate you by trashing your self esteem so that you'll be working to gain his approval. It's a psychological tactic some terrible people use to control others.

Steer clear of people like that.

original_zpsdb71084b.gif

ETA: Yes, ^^^^THIS.

This would have been the correct reaction

nut-kick-o.gif

Maybe that reaction would've been a lifechanger for that person lol
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    wow are dudes still doing that PUA stuff? that's so 10 years ago :laugh:

if i never see a guy wearing a stupid hat or feathered boa or carrying a freaking magic kit around with him then it would be too soon
  • allysteven880
    Options
    nice! you did well done and having a nice photo. I will start it again to get my figure slim!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    wow are dudes still doing that PUA stuff? that's so 10 years ago :laugh:
    Oh hell yeah. Because unfortunately it works.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Perhaps he's following the d-bag rules of dating? You know, compliment a girl in a way that is an insult also so that she is off balance and vulnerable...then move in for the kill. I actually have know guys who do this....and it sadly does work pretty well for them.

Neg-hits...

It works because an insult dressed up as "teasing" seeks to lower a pretty woman's self esteem thereby putting her on the same status level or lower than the less attractive male who then seeks to exploit that to his advantage.

Sounds like this dues was trying to pick up the OP.

Badly.

ETA: I see this has already been mentioned!
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    1) He is a ****.
    2) Thicker skin needed.
    3) You look great.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    What. A. Douche. What right does he have to even have an opinion about what you *should* do?
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Ignore and move on...I think you look fabulous in your pic

:flowerforyou:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Gyms can be a real breeding ground for douche bags. Like everyone said, try your best to ignore him and move on. You know you, you know your body, he has no damn idea and you should remember that.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Bah..

always see the negative side ay !

put a positive spin on his words and its a compliment as a lot of women wouldn't look "fabulous" if they lost 50LB never mind a

mere20LB !!!!!

Tears over that comment... you need to grow up and harden up as it s a tough world out there ...

( Seems the majority of people losing weight have a right chip on their shoulders )
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'd report him for harassment. Should he say anything to you again, report him again. This is unacceptable behavior. I'm also 5'6", and my goal weight is only 150. :huh: This guy is an *kitten*. Perhaps next time why he thinks harassing women will make his **** bigger.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    What a douche. You look fabulous. You'd disappear if you lost 20lbs!!!

Maybe mention it to your gym manager? Cos that's harassment!

EDIT: I'm also 5'6" and if I weighed 116lbs that would put me at a BMI of 18 which is classified as under-nourished and unhealthy. So go tell the guy to stick his "advice".
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Look up "negging". He's trying to hit on you by making to feel insecure. This is supposed to make you work harder for his approval. Which probably means that he does find you attractive as you are, but is being a massive douche about it.

Anyway, 5'6", 116 pounds is underweight.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Guys a ming mong, proper **** socket. F&@k him.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That guy is a douche, but think of it this way. You don't need to lose weight, the guy obviously has a fetish for super skinny bony chicks. Would you have been so upset if he told you you'd be hot if you put on 20lbs? Don't let his personal tastes worry you for a second. If he approaches you again, tell him to F**k right off.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Was it Barney Stinson? he sounds like he's just trying to put you down so you'll have low self-esteem and need approval from men and want to date him. Punch him in the face instead.

Totally beat me to it.

To reiterate:

That guy sounds like he is trying to manipulate you by trashing your self esteem so that you'll be working to gain his approval. It's a psychological tactic some terrible people use to control others.

Steer clear of people like that.

original_zpsdb71084b.gif

ETA: Yes, ^^^^THIS.

This would have been the correct reaction

nut-kick-o.gif

Also: this entire quote line-up ROCKS.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I would have said.....And my recommendation is, you lose 20lbs off your ego .... What a tool
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is 21.9... so apparently he's a douche who can't see straight. Math doesn't lie... you're just fine as you are!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Maybe he was jealous of your dedication and success. Some people can't deal.
    Or he needed glasses. 'Cause you really do look great. :flowerforyou: