The meanest thing just happened :-(

Options

Replies

• ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Either way you spin it, dude is just a f***ing imbecile.
  • JohnsElan
    Options
    :noway: A smeghead like that deserves a reply that is just as rude and juvenile. Repeat this until you've memorized it and have it ready for the attack:

F*** you, You f***ing f***!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    girl you cant let *kitten* strangers say get under your skin. it's called self esteem for a reason.

with that said, had it been me i would have responded "well as long as we're familiar enough with each other to give unsolicited advice...." and then would have commented on a few things about himself and his looks i think he should change
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    he's an idiot

you look awesome, do what is right for you and don't let this bag of ****s be part of your reflection
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    sounds like a grade A douche ….

When you let things bother you like that you let the Ahole win it is best to just ignore them and just brush off…

or you could of always say, and when you put about 15 pounds of muscle on you will look a lot better too …

unless of course he was already shredded…

I think your pic looks hot…:) So screw the F'r...
    This is what I would've said, what a ****!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*. I am so sorry. I had something similar happen to me once, and gobsmacked is pretty much the only word that accurately describes my reaction at the time. Don't let his rudeness bring you down.
  • JohnsElan
    Options
    WAIT! STOP! BACK IT UP! Just looked at your pics and realized what happened. You are a GOOD looking young woman. This guy was trying to be nice, but got all tounge-tied and beffuddled when he realized he had finally turned up the courage to talk to you! Yah, he's a goober, but he was too gormed to stop his mouth. I bet he was kicking himself before you were out of the room.
  • CanaTurtle1590
    Options
    Don't let that bug you! I would love to be your weight! I am currently at 160 and have been trying to lose weight, but have no motivation. Please feel free to message me if you want to and I would love to talk! Stay strong and you will do it! =)
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Currently, i weigh 136 at 5'6. Which is 8-11 pounds lighter than my outdated pics on here (most of them I was around 144, one I was at 147) so I know im not big and blah but I'm so desperate to get to 125. I was just at the gym when this guy who is usually there when I am comes up to me for the first time and says *it's so nice to see you here so often! Once you lose 20 pounds, Youre going to look amazing.* I just said *um. I don't intend on losing 20 pounds* and he goes *well, that's my recommendation. I think you should rethink your goals.* I literally went into the lockerroom and cried :-(. Just wanted to share it. Too embarrassed to rant to anyone I know so thanks for reading.

Was he close to your age and single?

If so, sounds like a (poor) attempt at a pickup line...

There are actually guys out there who tell other guys that they should tease a girl as their opening line the first time they meet them. They're also told that the better the shape the girl is in, the harder she can be teased about her body. They believe that women who are in shape have such high self confidence that it's impossible to insult them. But in reality, it often comes off as mean. Many of these teasing lines are nothing more than insults in reality.

Don't take it personally. Just stay away from guys like that...don't give them a fighting chance; they'll eventually learn. (Or if not, they'll attract a nice, self-absobed b%#@& with low self confidence who is probably a good match for them.) ;-)

ETA: The freaks come out at night. Not a great time to have to be in the gym.
  • erin8389
    erin8389 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow what an *kitten* unless he is a doctor he should not be telling anyone what they should be weighing guy sounds like he needs a punch in the face
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    Life's too short to let jerks get you down.

Not to discourage you, but 125 seems pretty thin for your height, so his suggestion seems over the top to me.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    You should have told him to come back when he grows up.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    Currently, i weigh 136 at 5'6. Which is 8-11 pounds lighter than my outdated pics on here (most of them I was around 144, one I was at 147) so I know im not big and blah but I'm so desperate to get to 125. I was just at the gym when this guy who is usually there when I am comes up to me for the first time and says *it's so nice to see you here so often! Once you lose 20 pounds, Youre going to look amazing.* I just said *um. I don't intend on losing 20 pounds* and he goes *well, that's my recommendation. I think you should rethink your goals.* I literally went into the lockerroom and cried :-(. Just wanted to share it. Too embarrassed to rant to anyone I know so thanks for reading.

What a *kitten*! he had no right saying that to you! no one does. You are beautiful! don't let the opinion of a low life get you down anymore
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Did this really happen? I find that "you should rethink your goals line" very hard to believe.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    ...I just said *um. I don't intend on losing 20 pounds* and he goes *well, that's my recommendation. I think you should rethink your goals.* I literally went into the lockerroom and cried :-(.
    I feel bad for you but I feel even worse for him. Not only is he wrong but even if he was right, his social IQ is non-existent and he will be very lonely if he's not already.
  • Synamin
    Synamin Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    OMG. Don't let someone that sexiest, shallow and egotistical have any power or control over your feelings. He didn't earn it and he doesn't deserve it.
  • NereyaRanVihn
    NereyaRanVihn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else here say and I would also encourage you to talk to the gym owner. This should never happen! Imagine what a comment like that could do to someone vulnerable and fragile.
  • NightLightRaine01
    NightLightRaine01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tffcx
    tffcx Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Did this really happen? I find that "you should rethink your goals line" very hard to believe.

My gym (and online gym forums) is populated with guys who say things like this. Yknow, the sort of guy who talks about "broscience", and says "10/10 would bang" (like they stood a chance in the first place) and "do you even lift bro".
  • Nouurann
    Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
    Options

You know, next time I see him, I'll be sure to ask him to repeat his statements once more, this time on camera, for your verification. Sound good? :huh: