Can a man and woman be good friends without...?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    What the *kitten* would be the point of being just good friends without...? please
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've got more close female friends than I do male and find it easier to open to female friends as well. As with a bunch of the replies here, sometimes there's thoughts that goes through ones head and something more could start if it just progresses that way, but I don't find it impossible to strictly be a friend.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I rarely had any girl's as friends, the ones i did have were guys. I was never sexually attracted to them, and if i was i was just attracted to their personality, not their looks. I can care less about looks.

"I can care less about looks."

That means you do in fact care about looks.

I'm assuming what you meant was "I couldn't care less about looks."

In which case If you're capable of being attracted to someone, aren't visually handicap, and your relationship involves seeing the person then you do care about looks.

You can have feelings for someone you've never seen, that doesn't mean you don't care about looks, that simply means looks aren't the only thing you care about. (two different things.)

Anyway as to not derail this thread. So long as your friends with him/her for reasons other than his or her gender, and both of you are at least somewhat emotionally intelligent, it's not difficult at all in my opinion.
  • infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    What the *kitten* would be the point of being just good friends without...? please

LOL!
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I think it's possible to an extent. However, I usually catch myself imagining how good my guy friends would look naked or how good they would be in bed. So for me, it's only possible to keep my mind from wondering if I don't find you attractive.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Yes. YES. And yes.. I change my answer from no to yes.
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    Yes a man and woman can be friends without anything else. The problem you run into is if you are dating someone and they cannot except your friend/friends of the opposite sex. I have alot of good female friends which I consider some of the best!
  • sllida
    sllida Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    bump
    I take that as a ...maybe??
  • graceyykim
    graceyykim Posts: 17
    Options
    I don't think it's possible... At least one would always develop feelings for the other i believe... but lucky when it's both ;)
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I think they can be, but then again I've always had lots of male friends and very few boyfriends/partners. I HAVE found that during some relationships this fact has been a problem with the guy I'm dating. "You're always hanging around guys how do I know what's going on" etc. Also since I'm bisexual, my most recent boyfriend pulled the whole "I can't even trust you around women" !?!?!?!?!?

I've been in 4 relationships total. 2 of them ended because I was cheated on. I'VE NEVER CHEATED, ever. Honestly, when I'm in a relationship I really just tune out attractions to other people and I guess a lot of people don't "get" that? o_O Oh well. Starting to think I'm just destined to have friends, no boy/girlfriends.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    95% of my friends are woman .. rule of thumb ..never f..k a friend ..that way you won't have her as a friend for much longer.. i don't get along with men as I've always been surrounded by women and sure the odd urge of sexual attraction has arisen so to speak .. but it can be overcome.
    A lot of my friends are also married and we occasionally travel together alone and in groups with husbands consent etc etc.. its a great world where men n women can be friends and experience stuff together ..
  • jyogit
    Options
    I think they can be, but then again I've always had lots of male friends and very few boyfriends/partners. I HAVE found that during some relationships this fact has been a problem with the guy I'm dating. "You're always hanging around guys how do I know what's going on" etc. Also since I'm bisexual, my most recent boyfriend pulled the whole "I can't even trust you around women" !?!?!?!?!?

I've been in 4 relationships total. 2 of them ended because I was cheated on. I'VE NEVER CHEATED, ever. Honestly, when I'm in a relationship I really just tune out attractions to other people and I guess a lot of people don't "get" that? o_O Oh well. Starting to think I'm just destined to have friends, no boy/girlfriends.

i too have come across the same problems although I'm not bisexual .. lol
    but having all female friends does tend to worry perspective partners. its a good job i like being single :drinker:
  • jyogit
    Options
    95% of my friends are woman .. rule of thumb ..never f..k a friend ..that way you won't have her as a friend for much longer.. i don't get along with men as I've always been surrounded by women and sure the odd urge of sexual attraction has arisen so to speak .. but it can be overcome.
    A lot of my friends are also married and we occasionally travel together alone and in groups with husbands consent etc etc.. its a great world where men n women can be friends and experience stuff together ..

Okay I already love you as a friend! :flowerforyou:

• Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    yes, but the gf/bf of the other will not be okay with it. I'm sorry, yes, I will grab my guy friend in random places, we will sleep in same bed, we will be totally inappropriate, we will change in front of each other, he may grab my boobs or butt, but no, there is nothing going on. GF now fiancee just had to get used to the face I've known him since I was eight and nothing was there but complete and utter friendship that just made people question.

I have friends that are guys and gf's just get ridiculous mad at me. I don't get it. They view me as one of the guys who can drink them under the table and be the one who can get them drinks quicker at the bar...or be the one who will be there to explain the inner workings of a woman to them when they are confused by gf.