Can a man and woman be good friends without...?

Options
P_O_O_P
P_O_O_P Posts: 4,557 Member
I've never really had a good, close friend that was a woman. And in reading a recent post, I was wondering, 'Can a man and a woman be good friends without some sort of sexual thoughts or actions getting in the way?' The answer for me, is probably no. I'm too much of a horn dog. I'm probably missing out on some meaningful relationships, but that's just me. Sometimes II kind of wish I had a close female friend, but such is life. Thoughts.

Replies

• Sharbear73
    Sharbear73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Well you are a man...of course your going to have those thoughts...are you going to act on them? That's the difference right? ha
    I don't think anyone here can say they have a friend in the opposite sex who they have not thought about sexually at one time or another. It's natural.
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Personally I dont think so. We're all (the majority at least) are 'designed' to be sexually attractted to members of the opposite sex. One or the other or both will at some point become interested.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I have had good friendships with women without sex, but honestly there has always been sexual tension because what REALLY attracts me to a girl is how well we get along. So even in all the situations of friends, while it didn't happen, it certainly could've happened.

And that, my friends, is what separates us from animals.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I've often wondered this myself. I think you can be as long as neither are physically attracted to the other, maybe? Just not sure, but I am interested in what others say.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I have had good friendships with women without sex, but honestly there has always been sexual tension because what REALLY attracts me to a girl is how well we get along. So even in all the situations of friends, while it didn't happen, it certainly could've happened.

Second this
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Options

I second that. I get along with women a lot better than I do with men (just have to check my FL) and I have had many platonic, interesting relationships with women where we went for dinner, went shopping (yes I love to shop) hung out, feet in my lap kinda relationships. But i always felt that we would be one intense moment away from turning it sexual. So the Question I ask the ladies, is that just a guy thing, or are women feeling the same? One kiss away from taking it to a new level.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I currently have a good friend who's a woman, but mostly we talk a mile of crap about our exes and neither one of us is in the mood for a relationship so who knows what would happen in the future.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

I second that. I get along with women a lot better than I do with men (just have to check my FL) and I have had many platonic, interesting relationships with women where we went for dinner, went shopping (yes I love to shop) hung out, feet in my lap kinda relationships. But i always felt that we would be one intense moment away from turning it sexual. So the Question I ask the ladies, is that just a guy thing, or are women feeling the same? One kiss away from taking it to a new level.

I tend to get along much better with men then I do with women.... with men you know exactly what they want and/or think. I have several male friends that we could have taken the next step, but actually discussed it before it go there. So yes, there are situations where the woman is aware that it is just one kiss away from the next level. It's all how you decide to handle it that leads in one direction or the other.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    of course men & women can be good friends and not have any sexual desires for the other

I am bisexual so I guess I should just not be able to be good real totally platonic friends with anyone eh? soooo not the case at all
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i tend to gravitate toward men... we all know that women including me can be as catty as all get out... the men are up front about stuff. i like that. and it doesnt hurt to be built like i am ... cuz i tend to scare them!!!! LOL
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Options
    i tend to gravitate toward men... we all know that women including me can be as catty as all get out... the men are up front about stuff. i like that. and it doesnt hurt to be built like i am ... cuz i tend to scare them!!!! LOL

meh, you're not so tough...LMAO :flowerforyou: kidding, dont hurt me (much)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    yes.

next question
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Do you think it is more socially acceptable for woman to have guy friends than the other way around?

i think that if a woman has a guy friend, then by default that guy has a woman friend.

so both have the same level of social acceptability.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I totally think they can. Just needs to be the right combination of people.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Yes, they can.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Of course they can! You just have to be mature enough to handle it. One of my dearest friends is a guy. He's my husband's best friend. The thought of sleeping with him is a bit like sleeping with my brother (if I had on). There's absolutely no sexual tension between us. I'm like his sister, he's like my brother.
  • Sharbear73
    Sharbear73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Indeed, I think most women feel this way...if they enjoy men at all ;)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

I approve of this post :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Without actions? Possibly.

Without thoughts? No.