Can a man and woman be good friends without...?

Options

Replies

• PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I sure as h3ll hope so. I hate it when that *kitten* gets in the way.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I think it's possible. I have many male friends. Yes, some of them find me attractive and have tried to date me, but for the most part we have a normal friendship. I have to hope it's possible. My boyfriend has mainly female friends. Of course there are guys who only befriend women to try to sleep with them.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends is a man. We did have a period where we "talked" (or whatever you want to call it), but I was the awful person that friend-zoned him. It took a while of him not talking to me, but now we talk about everything. I ask for his advice for all sorts of things, as does he. He and his girlfriend are very happy and we have an excellent platonic relationship.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I mean a big cucumber can give me "sexual thoughts".

:drinker: :drinker: :laugh:
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i have WAY more guy friends than girl friends...and i have been with my boyfriend for 7 years and never had issues with any of them. i guess its just a matter of what kind of person you are.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Can they just be friends..,,, yes it can happen but seldom doesnt if u r spending alot of time together and sharing secrets and such usually sex comes into play eventually...

this is why people always say it just happened ....just my opinion
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Single friends, I don't know. Sometimes, I guess. I can't say I ever had a guy friend that was single and attractive, and I was single, that there wasn't some sort of thought, if not necessarily action. If there's no attraction, then yes, I suppose.

I did/do have lots of couples friends though, where I'm friends with the wife, ex is friends with the husband, and we all hung out together without any thoughts or actions.

But I think hanging out with a guy one on one, if there was attraction, I'd probably act on it, thereby making the whole friend thing moot.

who you doin'? :flowerforyou:
  • ajmaupin
    Options
    Without sexual thoughts? Probably not. I mean a big cucumber can give me "sexual thoughts".

Without sexual acts? Most definitely.

I second this. People can have thoughts like "what if?" but its whether you act on them. Being married and having too much respect for my husband and my friendship with male friends, I don't act.
  • TwinMamma09
    Options
    i tend to gravitate toward men... we all know that women including me can be as catty as all get out... the men are up front about stuff. i like that. and it doesnt hurt to be built like i am ... cuz i tend to scare them!!!! LOL

This 100%
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    My best friend of 16 years is a straight dude. We've never put the P in the V or even kissed.
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Without actions? Possibly.

Without thoughts? No.

This.

+1

challenge accepted!
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Without sexual 'thought'? Probably not. Without sexual 'contact'? Yup.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I feel like men and women will have different answers to this question.

As a woman who has had (what I thought were) several good male friends in my life. I can tell you this, just about every (if not every) one of them would have been very, very happy to have been 'un-friend-zoned'. I usually found out too late!
  • Ransom_G
    Ransom_G Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    My best friend of 16 years is a straight dude. We've never put the P in the V or even kissed.

He's thought about it.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I think it's possible and there's nothing wrong with having those thoughts because she could very well be feeling the same way.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends is a dude. We used to go out for dinner at least once a week, until I moved 90 minutes away and it got harder to do.

We've been friends for over a decade and there's never been any sexual tension / flirting, anything.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Without actions? Possibly.

Without thoughts? No.

Yup.

Unless the thoughts are "TRUE LOVE" or "I HAVE TO BONE YOU!" you'd probably be able to get along fine.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Let me clarify a little because there seems to be some misunderstandings here. Of course men and women can be good friends. But just know, at least from a guy perspective, that he has probably at least imagined you naked. My wife always asks me "Do you think this guy or that guy is thinking about me naked?" I always say "Yes." Every time she seems surprised.

I imagine most people naked at least once. And I'm not the only woman that does this.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Let me clarify a little because there seems to be some misunderstandings here. Of course men and women can be good friends. But just know, at least from a guy perspective, that he has probably at least imagined you naked. My wife always asks me "Do you think this guy or that guy is thinking about me naked?" I always say "Yes." Every time she seems surprised.

I imagine most people naked at least once. And I'm not the only woman that does this.

*nods appreciatively*