What to do with cottage cheese?

Options
katylil
katylil Posts: 223 Member
I recently bought and tried low fat cottage cheese for the first time ever. I'm a bit in love!

So I'm looking for meals I can make with it that don't involve just spooning some on my lunch salad (which is what I do now) :)

Replies

• LeanneHarrington3
    LeanneHarrington3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Could you mix it with pasta, sweetcorn, flax seeds etc? That's what I do with the low fat philly and its lovely!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I mix it with tuna for a cracker spread, put it on baked potato instead of sour cream, have it on toast with cracked pepper for breakfast, use it in mashed potato for creamy spuds, mix it with french onion powder or hidden valley ranch powder to use as a dip or sandwich spread...
  • bookitty_ca13
    bookitty_ca13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat it a with diced fruit on top. You can also blend it and use it in place of sour cream, mayo, and spices and such for dressings and dips.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on it, but I've enjoyed it in tuna before. I had some last night as a side by itself.
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it mixed with some onions, pepper, salt and dill. Makes a perfect dip and is ultra-mega-awesome-delicious to cooked potatoes :=)
  • nikibean123
    nikibean123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's yummy on jacket potatoes or with wedges as a kind of dip. You can also use it in lasagne to make a lower fat sauce etc.

I love cottage cheese!
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have heard of people using it for sweet recipes and desserts, but have no idea how that works.

However, if you like cottage cheese then try Quark - super yummy and can be sweet or savoury :-)
  • shirliekempf
    shirliekempf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    sounds strange but try it. cottage cheese, 1 packet of truvia or(sugar sub of choice),dash of cinnamon,slivered or shaved almonds.its really good. it gets rid of your cravings for creamy,sweet and crunchy all together.
  • jopko
    jopko Posts: 11
    Options
    mix it with tuna, grated zucchinni and 1 egg, make cakes and bake in the oven for 20 min- delicious
  • jcarey96
    Options
    My favorite way to eat is on top of egg noodles with some lemon pepper. Especially when it's cold outside.
  • MDixon26
    MDixon26 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use it for anything. I've done the toast, lasagna, tuna, etc. Really can't go wrong in my book. I do recomend finding the RIGHT cottage cheese though. For example, Breakstone's low-fat cottage cheese is 10g of protein for 1/2c, where Friendship's low-fat is 16g for half a cup. Makes a big difference!

Oh, and I've also thrown it into the food processor with some pizza sauce to add a little protein to my kids pizza (they hate cheese, go figure!)

1T of cottage cheese or part-skim ricotta makes scrambled eggs extra creamy and delicious!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Veggie lasagna with wheat noodles. Yum Yum
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love it with a little drizzle of honey and some lemon zest!

also, google ricotta pancakes. I just use cottage cheese in place of the ricotta (Im cheap lol)
  • Hobb3s
    Hobb3s Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    cut up apples.. mmm
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Personally I could eat it all day just by itself, but I LOVE it with blueberries and strawberries. Also pineapple!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I like to throw fistfuls of it at other people in the lunch room at work.

But that's me.
  • ewelch03
    ewelch03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of using cottage cheese with Tuna, Zucchini and egg and making little cakes. What are the portions for each ingreient and what temp to bake it?
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Mix with flavored Greek yogurt and sprinkle granola or berries on top.
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Freshly cracked black pepper and parmesan cheese. I also like it as a salad dressing replacement.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I recently bought and tried low fat cottage cheese for the first time ever. I'm a bit in love!

So I'm looking for meals I can make with it that don't involve just spooning some on my lunch salad (which is what I do now) :)
    Lasagna.