What to do with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• mandif3
    mandif3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds crazy...but I recently threw cottage cheese in my food processor with a banana, and even a tad of peanut butter another time and it was really yummy! Almost like eating some type of dessert. I was just trying to be a little creative.

I like it plain with pepper, and also with some fruit added.
    :smile:
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    put in food processor or small chopper along with some shredded carrots, diced green onions, red, green or yellow peppers and blend....it's a great dip with veggies, great to make wraps with by spreading on tortilla, using on a sandwich instead of mayo, etc.
  • NanaB303
    Options
    Try low fat cottage cheese with sugar-free jello (I used orange) mandarin oranges and cool whip free. Really good.
  • buzylizy88
    buzylizy88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese. You must try toasted low cal saralee bread, layer of cottage cheese, sliced fresh blueberries and a sprinkle of pepper. I am obsessed with this breakfast and it prevents me from getting hangry for hours.
  • jopko
    jopko Posts: 11
    Options
    I like the idea of using cottage cheese with Tuna, Zucchini and egg and making little cakes. What are the portions for each ingreient and what temp to bake it?

I use three 80 grams cans of tuna, 250 grams of cheese, one big zuchinni (salted and draind of water) mix it all up with one egg and make cakes with tablespoon. Just take out tablespoons of mixture and put it on bakind paper and bake for 20 min on 200 degrees celsius.

And another one- mix it with one leek (sliced) and cooked quinoa (50:50) pour it in baking mould and put some thinly sliced bacon on top. also 20 min 200 oC

sorry for the mistakes, english is not my mothertounge
  • Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Chop finely cucumber, scallion, and radish. Add to CC in whatever amounts you like-I like lots of crunch. Season with fresh cracked pepper and salt to taste. Mmmm.
  • Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love CC with fruit, especially the way my Mom used to eat it.

She would cut a cantaloupe in half, scoop out the seeds, plop in some CC, and devour :)

Also CC and watermelon...mmmm...

I also sometimes add some CC to Campbell's Tomato Soup as a cheesy-tomatoey treat. It melts a bit and makes the soup heartier.
  • jelie3110
    Options
    Put Applebutter on it, amazing!
  • mkmarasch
    mkmarasch Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    •I love it with salt & pepper, mostly.
    •It is very yummy with a little French dressing.
    •I also put a big scoop of it in any kind of soup, for lunch, to add protein and make it more filling. It is especially delicious in tomato soup, add a little Italian seasoning. Yum! It mostly melts in the hot soup and makes it a little creamy. Sounds weird, but it's really good in chicken noodle soup too.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sugar free pistachio pudding (made with skim milk)
    add 1 C drained crushed pineapple (in juice not syrup)
    add 1 C small curd low fat cottage cheese
    Mix together & refrigerate
    This is such a great dessert.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Bumping
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    Last night I mixed cinnamon and just 12 tiny semi sweet chocolate chips in with it. It was really good and satisfied my chocolate needs.:drinker:
  • terislater
    terislater Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't actually like cottage cheese, but I use it as a base for a personal lunch pizza. Spread the cottage cheese (drain as much as you can) on a tortilla, top with spinach and feta and bake for about 10 minutes. It's delightful!
  • sweetgardenangel
    Options
    Hi
    I like to have cottage cheese on hand when I'm making my lasagna soup. Instead of topping the soup with ricotta or sour cream, I just put a small tablespoon or so on the soup, and then it's like eating the real thing of lasagna. Other than that I buy those small little fruit cocktail cups where you get about 6 in a package and I top the fruit on top of the cottage cheese. Love it. :happy: :happy:
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    tried many ways but i've found that one of my favorite is... mixing 1/2 cup with 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries.... They cut the taste a lot and make it taste great...tried with other berries but i prefer raspberries with this.
  • Dboggs166
    Dboggs166 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese! I use it in place of ricotta in everything. I keep a tub at work and eat it as a quick snack or light lunch. I like it with sliced peaches too.
  • outlawchef1
    Options
    Their are many ways to use low fat cottage cheese. I use as a filling in crepes * drain cottage cheese then add a little trivia to sweeten. Make a thickened fruit sauce sweeten with trivia thicken using a corn starch slurry. Top the stuffed crepes with the fruit sauce, amazing. I make this where I work. It's very popular. Also use as a filling in an omelette. Saute mushrooms, onion bell pepper and add to omelette along with the cottage cheese. How about add a little cottage cheese with cooked wheat pasta.add a few spices then bake.
  • careyw1
    careyw1 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Im so not a fan of cottage cheese..but maybe just maybe Ill give it second chance..alot of good ideas!
  • Ginryl
    Ginryl Posts: 35
    Options
    I love :love: CC & it has been in my house since I was little. We always ate it with fruit, pineapples, strawberries, cantaloupe etc. Then I started eating it wit Cherry tomatoes, salt & pepper. Of course use in Lasagna.

I tired the one I read that had, cucumbers, avocados & tomatoes. Salt Pepper to taste, great!

Now all of you have show me so many new way to use it.

Lucky I have 3 tubs in the fridge, Yummy :laugh:
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of doing half the things with it that have been listed. Around here you eat it with some salt/pepper, fruit or applesauce.