What to do with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• AGirlWithWheels
    Options
    This is exactly how I eat it too, and it's delish! It's my favorite snack ☺️
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love the 4% Kroger brand. Has great flavor to it. I eat it plain or I love to mix it into some egg whites and 'scramble" it. I used to eat tuna mixed in and this thread reminded me of it. I'm going to try it tomorrow. Nobody in my house like cottage cheese except for me.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it in recipes but I like to eat it with:

Capers
    Sunflower Seeds
    Dry Roasted Edamame
    Avocado
    Fresh Fruit
    Cucumbers and Dill
  • madonetwo
    madonetwo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love Cottage Cheese with blueberries or strawberries or even raspberries. I put a packet of Splenda in the CC to sweeten it up a bit. I could eat my wt in it.
  • emmullins55
    Options
    That's not strange it is my favorite breakfast; I don't use the nuts but the cottage cheese with sweetner and cinnamon are excellent on whole grain toast. I call it my "cheese danish."
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Great on baked potato.. I scoop it out and stick under broiler for 2-3 minutes yummmmmm
  • catharinecrane
    Options
    blend it with tomatoes, basil,and garlic for a best soup you have ever had
  • ceciliaruns
    ceciliaruns Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I add it to my oatmeal after it's cooked, top with almonds, fruit and a drizzle of agave nectar....yum! Also blend in a mixer with pancake batter. I put it on toast and Marmite (it's a British thing!) Enjoy!
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!

There are some AWESOME ideas here! Very excited to try them out.

Keep 'em coming! :)
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What not to do with cottage cheese. Self confessed ADDICT:love:

Add it to EVERYTHING & REPEAT
  • madepenn
    Options
    Toasted english muffin, cottage cheese, a slice of tomato, and a bit of salt. Mmmmm.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    EATS IT! EATS IT ALL!

More seriously in high school (because I really loved cottage cheese actually and not so much that I was trying to lose weight since I was a skinny mini) I used to throw it on top of my salads with some black olives.. Just thinking about it I might have to do that for lunch XD
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Love it in my oatmeal. Also love it with canned mandarin oranges. Husband likes to eat it with sharp cheese shred, parmesan cheese, bacon bits and croutons. Also use it as a sub for ricotta cheese, but I also blend it first to make it more like the consistency of ricotta. Reminds me that I need to go buy some more!
  • lkfort
    Options
    When you get a sweet tooth and want something sweet - you can try your cottage cheese with honey and cinnamon. It's not bad. I also make a chicken salad recipe with cottage cheese. Calls for a chicken breast (I used the can for convenience for lunch) mix with 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and 3 TBSP of dry ranch dressing. And then I add other spices as well.
    Hope this helps!
  • eustinjean
    eustinjean Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I mix about a quarter cup in with my Oatmeal along with cutup fruit...keeps me really full til lunch! :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Hork it down with the biggest spoon I can find.

...Is this some sort of trick question??

It's also DELICIOUS mixed in omelettes and scrambles eggs. It sort of melts and gets gooey and makes the eggs oh-so creamy.
  • Wyllowytch
    Options
    This made me laugh... the post about throwing at people in the lunch room!!
  • crsawinton
    crsawinton Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like mine mixed half and half with crushed pineapple.
  • dewaltfan
    dewaltfan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with diced avocado. Love it this way, but I add a ton of Sriracha to it for some spice.

Or, Add sliced fruit and a little bit of honey or Agave
  • Angelademmans
    Options
    I like to put some cottage cheese in a bowl, slice an apple and use the slices to scoop up the cottage cheese and eat together, the combination is so good! Can add some cinnamon and or nutmeg to it... a great snack! But not as low in calories as one would think.... enjoy! Trying is believing:)