What to do with cottage cheese?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    all the things i do have already been suggested. (on an english muffin, w/ tabasco, w/pineapple, replacement for ricotta in lasagna, mixed with pasta sauce, etc).

but there are so many great ideas!! must BUMP!
  • dajanson
    dajanson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add citrus items, like orange or lemon rind, tart cranberry/Orange relish made with Artificial sweeteners. Or cut up an apple into small cubes, sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, lemon juice/or zest, dash of salt, lots of artificial sweetener. Microwave the apple pieces 2.5 min. Pour hot apples over Cottage cheese. Delicious... like apple pie and ice cream. Or... add cut up veggies, like halved grape tomatoes and dill weed with a dash of salt. If not dill weed, try the citrus zest. If you want more veggies, feel free to try many. But cottage cheese with dill weed and maybe a splash of balsamic flavored vinegars with any veggies makes the combo a nice lunch salad. Can also use cottage cheese as a replacement for lasagne ricotta cheese. It may melt and not hold up as well, but the taste is the same.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • evolutionaerie
    evolutionaerie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you like Indian food, I recommend using it to make your own palak paneer. It's a much lighter, more protein-rich option (especially because you don't need to fry the cheese first :P), it's delicious, and super good for you.

This recipe (http://the99centchef.blogspot.ca/2011/02/saag-paneer-curried-spinach-with.html) is pretty close to how I make it, and it's really nice over quinoa or even mashed sweet potatoes, if you're feeling adventurous! :)
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I will cut a cantelope in half, scoop out the seeds and fill the "bowl" with cottage cheese. Them my toddler and I wil each take a spoon and eat the melon and cheese together. The sweet from the melon and the salty from the cottage cheese go wonderfully together.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    As a child, my grandfather taught me to mix it with hard boiled eggs (it's kind of a mush, but I do still like it). He also gave me cottage cheese mixed with egg noodles and sugar, which probably isn't any good for weight loss, but it's the one of my favorite comfort foods, and I add cinnamon and nutmeg as well these days.

I put it on French Toast instead of the "normal" toppings. Mixed with chives is good. And with fruit. Or mixed into applesauce... again a real mushy looking, but tasty treat. I also like it mixed with salsa as a dip.
  • skinnycindi62
    Options
    I mix it with cinnamon and vanilla and put it on whole wheat toast....taste a bit like cheese danish
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yum x