What to do with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• Reese9595
    Options
    This sounds great... need to try!
  • CLessOfMe2014
    Options
    I also use it as a snack--- triscut crackers topped with cottage cheese than a tiny bit off sweet pepper relish
  • Grannyfan
    Grannyfan Posts: 11
    Options
    Great snack. You can stuff celery stalks with it and munch on them. Spread on low calorie crackers with a slice of tomato on top. Or, if you like spinach, salad, you can crumble some onto the spinach, add some red onion rings, grate the zest of an orange over that , and make a dressing using the orange juice mixed with a tablespoon of light olive oil, and a good grinding of black peppercorns. Someone else mentioned including it in your lasagne sauce. Actually I never used to think much of it but have acquired a taste and now often add it to my snacks and salads especially. Yes..agree with that also. If you like pineapple - A pineapple ring on a slice of ham with a spoonful of cottage cheese and chives is nice . Add a garden salad and some beetroot , cucumber and shaved carrot and you have a nice healthy lunch that will not do too much damage to your waist line.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just eat it plain? I also like it with rasisins. Blueberries or strawberries are good also - and peaches are the best if they are in season.
  • bohojourney
    bohojourney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird but I love this...add curry powder to taste and Branston type pickle fab on crunchy crackers or jacket potato wedges.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I like adding ground cinnamon and raisins for a sweet cottage cheese. :)
  • mrsme1008
    mrsme1008 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    REALY Mock apple pie - cut up an apple (skin optional, but only if it's organic). Microwave apple for 15-20 seconds or to desired consistency (either chunky or apple saucy). Mix with cottage cheese (I use typically use the Breakstone single serve), stevia and cinnamon. - YUM!!
  • Sabby888
    Sabby888 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    oh oh oh!

You NEED to try cottage cheese, spread on rice cakes. Yummy! =) The most amazing thing you will ever taste
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    As spackle. :tongue:

Although I'm not a big fan of it and can't eat it "straight", I have been known to make a slow-cooker lasagna recipe where cottage cheese takes the place of ricotta and I'll actually eat that. So I'll say "lasagna".
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Bump

Maybe I'll try some of these other notions...what the hey
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love it mixed with pineapple, just like a yummy desert to me!
  • thatyogagirl
    thatyogagirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Just eat it without putting it on anything...mmm cottage cheese.

Also, broccoli. For real, I don't know what it is but I could eat pounds of broccoli and cottage cheese together.
  • RisaRou
    RisaRou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mix in with warm grits (or polenta if you're not from southern US) and a little black pepper.
  • amandaryan1051
    Options
    Add in a bit of sugar free pudding or jello powder! I eat this ALL the time, lemon is my favorite, followed closely by lime. So good ????
  • ClamBucket1
    Options
    Hello - I like to have cottage cheese mixed with yogurt & then add a crunchy element - such as grape nuts. One of my go to lunches: 1/2 baked potato, throw a large handful of fresh spinach on hot potato & microwave to wilt, then top with cottage cheese & sprinkle with black pepper. LOVE IT!
  • ClamBucket1
    Options
    Hello - I like to have cottage cheese mixed with yogurt & then add a crunchy element - such as grape nuts. One of my go to lunches: 1/2 baked potato, throw a large handful of fresh spinach on hot potato & microwave to wilt, then top with cottage cheese & sprinkle with black pepper. LOVE IT!
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I like it with tomatoes, onions and vinagrette. I also like it with cinnamon and stevia.
    I have a whole wheat bread recipe with a bunch of cottage cheese in the dough. Its awesome. I even use that dough for cinnamon rolls.

Can you share that bread recipe?
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Stare at it until it morphs into something that tastes better.

I have tried all levels of fat content for cottage cheese. I discovered I only like the 4%. The 2% is only occasionally edible. I can't eat the lower ones at all. They are horrible.