Guys - Wowen in the gym - Lululemon's or short shorts

Options

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Lulululemons are too big for me, I'll stick with Hard Tail. :)

LOL...

...in.

be quiet jo, family of five. I've never done you wrong.

It doesn't have to be personal for me to call out the equivalence of you sitting in a welfare office just to tell people that you've never had money problems.

lollll. Those thoughts are harming you, not me. I can't contol how you you react, if it makes you feel better to have someone to attack, so be it. :)

I am unfazed and unharmed. And your claim of "attack" seems a little misplaced. Nonetheless, your comments seem generally insensitive of *others*, even if they aren't necessarily for *me*.

It's called empathy in my case and an apparent lack of empathy in yours.

ETA: In case anyone is confused, my comment is in reference to more than just her one comment in this thread. She consistently makes comments bragging about never being overweight in threads where people are clearly struggling with weight. It's insensitive (IMHO), and I'm surprised MFP allows her to do it...but perhaps that explains she has had at least three different usernames in the past year or so.

I do recall a number of occasions in her previous account, where people were discussing their struggles with losing weight, and she dropped in to the thread essentially to:

A) state that she is thin and always had been

B) tell the posters that people who are overweight will always be overweight

C) LOL at anyone who found her comments upsetting, and then dismiss them as haters

It seemed quite obnoxious and intentionally hurtful. I struggle to understand her motivation in repeatedly doing this.

I see it as people looking for excuses. Not intentionally hurtful. Just a wake up call. :)
    I am curious how the bolded is in any way helpful or a wake up call!?!?

It's quite simple, actually. The fat cells that were created aren't going anywhere... stay low calorie for the rest of your life.
    You've made your bed, now...

And this ^ is why your behavior comes off as egotistical and needlessly insensitive. You are, apparently, seeking only to hurt. You are essentially stomping in with the ever helpful sentiment of: "sucks for you". Is this the reason that you are on MFP?

Your behavior and attitude is callous and troubling.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Mr Ihad -
    C) LOL at anyone who found her comments upsetting, and then dismiss them as haters

??? I've never called anyone a "hater". :)
    oh?

I believe you called me a really big woman who likes to hate on small girls.:indifferent:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Can someone give me the Cliff notes version of this thread?
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Why is a man having a topic like this? As if there isn't enough to keep women away from the free weights. Thanks..not. This will just keep women away from the free weight area. GRR!

Now they will think creepy guys are watching them. (Actually I do watch guys..I watch guys taking up valuable space in the squat rack doing stupid bicep curls or doing squats for 100 sets 1/4 of the way down. And I seethe in anger.) anyways, this is just another way for men to divide women. I already have women who think I am a beeatch because I wear lulu's and lucy's and athletica..etc..when really we as women should all get together, take over the free weight area and kick the guys out of the squat racks no matter what we are wearing. I hate being the only female using the squat racks. I could use more female power no matter what clothing we wear. clothing doesn't matter...what you squat and deadlift SHOULD! ;) Now if I catch a guy looking at me, I'll guess his bodyweight, lift it, and toss the barbell down. If the pervs are going to look, let them know you are STRONG. dont let this topic divide us ladies.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Why is a man having a topic like this? As if there isn't enough to keep women away from the free weights. Thanks..not. This will just keep women away from the free weight area. GRR!

Now they will think creepy guys are watching them. (Actually I do watch guys..I watch guys taking up valuable space in the squat rack doing stupid bicep curls or doing squats for 100 sets 1/4 of the way down. And I seethe in anger.) anyways, this is just another way for men to divide women. I already have women who think I am a beeatch because I wear lulu's and lucy's and athletica..etc..when really we as women should all get together, take over the free weight area and kick the guys out of the squat racks no matter what we are wearing. I hate being the only female using the squat racks. I could use more female power no matter what clothing we wear. clothing doesn't matter...what you squat and deadlift SHOULD! ;)

I approve of most of this message.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

In the Stars is too skinny for Lululemon's and wears a different brand that is actually cut larger than LLL -- because she likes everyone to know tiny she is.

Jof called her out for acting like a turd with this and other accounts. Because of that, he will never have the pleasure of knowing her. ihad suggested she was a hater. She didn't like that much. Probably because the truth hurts.

Then ITS claimed fat people will always be fat because she doesn't understand cells. Then laughing happened.

The end.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Now they will think creepy guys are watching them. (Actually I do watch guys..I watch guys taking up valuable space in the squat rack doing stupid bicep curls or doing squats for 100 sets 1/4 of the way down. And I seethe in anger.) anyways, this is just another way for men to divide women. I already have women who think I am a beeatch because I wear lulu's and lucy's and athletica..etc..when really we as women should all get together, take over the free weight area and kick the guys out of the squat racks no matter what we are wearing. I hate being the only female using the squat racks. I could use more female power no matter what clothing we wear. clothing doesn't matter...what you squat and deadlift SHOULD! ;) Now if I catch a guy looking at me, I'll guess his bodyweight, lift it, and toss the barbell down. If the pervs are going to look, let them know you are STRONG. dont let this topic divide us ladies.

So hardcore.

So men are pervs for noticing women who wear skintight booty shorts while bending over repeatedly. Interesting theory.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

So hardcore.

So men are pervs for noticing women who wear skintight booty shorts while bending over repeatedly. Interesting theory.

Noticing, fine.

More than noticing, not fine.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Let's just all be naked!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Lulululemons are too big for me, I'll stick with Hard Tail. :)

LOL...

...in.

be quiet jo, family of five. I've never done you wrong.

It doesn't have to be personal for me to call out the equivalence of you sitting in a welfare office just to tell people that you've never had money problems.

lollll. Those thoughts are harming you, not me. I can't contol how you you react, if it makes you feel better to have someone to attack, so be it. :)

I am unfazed and unharmed. And your claim of "attack" seems a little misplaced. Nonetheless, your comments seem generally insensitive of *others*, even if they aren't necessarily for *me*.

It's called empathy in my case and an apparent lack of empathy in yours.

ETA: In case anyone is confused, my comment is in reference to more than just her one comment in this thread. She consistently makes comments bragging about never being overweight in threads where people are clearly struggling with weight. It's insensitive (IMHO), and I'm surprised MFP allows her to do it...but perhaps that explains she has had at least three different usernames in the past year or so.

I do recall a number of occasions in her previous account, where people were discussing their struggles with losing weight, and she dropped in to the thread essentially to:

A) state that she is thin and always had been

B) tell the posters that people who are overweight will always be overweight

It seemed quite obnoxious and intentionally hurtful. I struggle to understand her motivation in repeatedly doing this.

I see it as people looking for excuses. Not intentionally hurtful. Just a wake up call. :)
    I am curious how the bolded is in any way helpful or a wake up call!?!?

It's quite simple, actually. The fat cells that were created aren't going anywhere... stay low calorie for the rest of your life.
    You've made your bed, now...

in, just wow.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

So hardcore.

Noticing, fine.

Oh, this is going to be interesting . . .
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    The women in the skintight booty shorts aren't DEADLIFTING. At least not with the barbell. No thanks, when I I tried to look cute I got my shins scraped good. Learned my lesson fast. My shins are covered at ALL times.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

In the Stars is too skinny for Lululemon's and wears a different brand that is actually cut larger than LLL -- because she likes everyone to know tiny she is.

Jof called her out for acting like a turd with this and other accounts. Because of that, he will never have the pleasure of knowing her. ihad suggested she was a hater. She didn't like that much. Probably because the truth hurts.

Then ITS claimed fat people will always be fat because she doesn't understand cells. Then laughing happened.

The end.

don't forget that she explained she doesn't post photos of herself because her "local friends" know what she looks like.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    The women in the skintight booty shorts aren't DEADLIFTING. At least not with the barbell. No thanks, when I tired to look cute I got my shins scraped good. Learned my lesson fast. My shins are covered at ALL times.

Yes they are. You arent more hardcore than the rest of them.

It's a freaking deadlift. Lets be real here, it's not that hard to pick a bar up and drop it. Now, if you've won a few state powerlifting competitions, that's maybe a little hardcore. Short of that, we're all, each of us, one of a million other gym goers that also deadlift and squat. We're not hardcore because we deadlift and say we are.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    The women in the skintight booty shorts aren't DEADLIFTING. At least not with the barbell. No thanks, when I I tried to look cute I got my shins scraped good. Learned my lesson fast. My shins are covered at ALL times.
    socks cover shins
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

The end.

don't forget that she explained she doesn't post photos of herself because her "local friends" know what she looks like.

Oh, EA, you always deliver.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

So hardcore.

Noticing, fine.

Oh, this is going to be interesting . . .

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

The end.

OH YES!

They know she be bangin'.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

The end.

I call BS on LuLu being too big. My cousin who has always been very active, athletic and in exceptionally good shape, therefore very thin, wears LuLus. She is on the taller side, but her much shorter and even tinier friends wear that brand, too. Personally, I have no interest in spending more on my workout clothes than I do on my regular clothes, so I don't wear it and have never tried it on.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Thats why I wear knee socks with my skintight booty shorts.