"GALS"

Options
123457»

Replies

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Oh FFS. I'm just going to use the term "sammich maker" from now on.

"And from that day forward, his wife/girlfriend/whatever affectionately called him 'Grill Penis'"

0004009425462_500X500.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I love reading the first page of a thread and then the last page. It's super-awesome crazy where this conversation devolved. I swear, you guys and gals who just look to make trouble on Internet forums... maybe time for a more-positive, less-weird hobby?

Where I come from, "gal" is like the way a person with a Southern, or maybe specifically a Texan, would pronounce girl, due to their accent. I've heard of women taking offense to it, although it's never been explained why (unless women prefer to be called women, instead of girls). I've referred to women as women before, and receive shocked reactions. Why wouldn't I call them a person? Why a woman? The sake of being specific, I suppose.

People who take genuine offense to a word like "gal" should probably be wearing a helmet most of the time, anyway. And your SIL sounds like a fabulous person; I have no idea why people would start calling her offensive names or accusing you of making it sound like your SIL is an offensive name. The internet makes me feel old with how often peoples' behavior confuses me.
    It's cute how condescending you are to people participating in a reasonable discussion and then do the exact thing you just informed us all is ridiculous.
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Options
    I made the mistake one time at a conference when, as we were leaving, being a gentleman, I reached for the door and casually said to two of my co-workers "I got it, girls".
    Well, one turns to me and says "I haven't been a girl since I was 12, I am a woman"

.....I let the door hit her....

no,no I didn't, but I call her Kid even though she is 4 yrs my senior and we are besties now (and my shopping partner at conferences)
  • Fit2Strip
    Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake one time at a conference when, as we were leaving, being a gentleman, I reached for the door and casually said to two of my co-workers "I got it, girls".
    Well, one turns to me and says "I haven't been a girl since I was 12, I am a woman"

.....I let the door hit her....

no,no I didn't, but I call her Kid even though she is 4 yrs my senior and we are besties now (and my shopping partner at conferences)

Should have let it hit her. Then opened it again and quickly released for round two.