The Difference 3lbs Can Make (w/ before & after pics)

Options

Replies

• sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    THIS is the post I've been needing to see. I started lifting in December, and have been getting REALLY frustrated. Even though I could tell I was getting stronger and seeing muscle definition in my arms and legs, and my clothes were fitting the same, I was gaining weight (not something you want to see after losing 40lbs.) This has helped remind me that I just need to be patient. I'm at the same point you were - wanting to lose those last 10 pounds. I just need to keep pushing myself.

Do you still do cardio? What do you do?
  • cuyunamike
    cuyunamike Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Very cool. Good for you! Who would have known 3 pounds could be such a big deal.
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later as pictures wont load up - good story though! Congratulations on everything you have achieved :) N xx
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Great post, this is similar to my experience, initial 3 stone weight loss and then over the past 6 months more of a body transformation with weights, it's all about how you look and feel, feels good don't it :)
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for this post. You look amazing. Just what I needed to get me to a gym.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! That is amazing!!!

Thank you for sharing! :)
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! :drinker:
  • ouimouton
    ouimouton Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! You look great! :)
  • aloedding
    aloedding Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Proof that there is more to weight loss than a number on the scale.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I love this! Every person who weighs daily needs to read this! You have done an awesome job. Congrats!!! :drinker:
  • elzianne
    elzianne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    THIS is the post I've been needing to see. I started lifting in December, and have been getting REALLY frustrated. Even though I could tell I was getting stronger and seeing muscle definition in my arms and legs, and my clothes were fitting the same, I was gaining weight (not something you want to see after losing 40lbs.) This has helped remind me that I just need to be patient. I'm at the same point you were - wanting to lose those last 10 pounds. I just need to keep pushing myself.

Do you still do cardio? What do you do?

I know a lot of serious weight lifters are very anti-cardio, but I DO still do cardio! I genuinely enjoy cardio workouts like running and Zumba, plus it's good for your heart! However, I've definitely pulled back from doing 5-6 strictly cardio workouts a week to about 2. Remember, if you're lifting heavy enough and doing alternating & supersets (which I'm a big fan of), your heart rate will be up and you'll get a lot of the same benefits of cardio!

My workout schedule really varies from week to week because I get bored easily and have more fun doing a variety of workouts! But here's an example of what a week might look like for me:

Sunday: Running & walking intervals for 40 min
    Monday: Heavy lifting workout (30-40 min, dynamic stretching & jump rope warm up followed by a full body workout including supersets working alternating muscle groups)
    Tuesday: Rest day (30 min walk, easy yoga stretching)
    Wednesday: Heavy lifting workout (30-40 min, dynamic stretching & jump rope warm up followed by a full body workout including supersets working alternating muscle groups)
    Thursday: Kickboxing workout video (30 min)
    Friday: Rest day
    Saturday: Heavy lifting workout (30-40 min, dynamic stretching & jump rope warm up followed by a full body workout including supersets working alternating muscle groups)

Sometimes I'll swap out one of the heavy lifting workouts for a lighter weight, higher rep workout like BodyPump or a JM video... just to change things up and do something different!
  • amcozy
    amcozy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You're my hero!! :flowerforyou:
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Perfect example of how the scales is not always a true reflection of our progress!!!
    For years I let the scale control me. Now I measure or take photos.

You look amazing!!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look fantastic! Heavy lifting for the win!!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This is truly amazing! Congrats on the progress, and keep up the good work. You look amazing!
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Top Job

You have done great with great results

:smile:
  • michele_lynn
    michele_lynn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Angela26point2finisher
    Options
    Great Job!! Lean muscles are so attractive. Who cares what the scale says when you are in a healthy weight range and are very fit?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Love how lifting does amazing things to your body!!! :love:

Congrats OP!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Wow! You give me hope! I've been following NROLFW since November and have only lost a few lbs even though I can tell the difference in my clothing. Hoping I have a similar story to tell soon!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!