WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST TIP FOR WEIGHT LOSS

Options

Replies

• PeaceHappinessBalance
    Options
    Don't buy snack/junk food because if it isn't in the house, it is easier to resist
  • ozmakitten
    Options
    Plan what you are going to eat in advance.
  • dapagu2004
    Options
    +1
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well I'm gonna :laugh: Eat less, move more! It is as simple as calories in and calories out and by calories I mean good healthy calories but if you need to eat processed foods for whatever reason, try to eat healthy things with it.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Have patience.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Calories in v calories out..................

Drink lots of water........Flushes everything out : )
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oh I love it when I see someone say change your lifestyle. I never looked at it as a diet, I had to change everything about how I lived. From what I ate down to the fact I was a major couch potato!
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    If you make a bad choice move on, don't beat yourself up, and don't give up
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Don't wish you were slimmer. Behave like someone who WANTS to lose weight, not someone who says it whilst doing things which will not lead to that.
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    ok I did low carb and low sugar for a year. I walked 4 -7 miles a day, started at barely being able to walk 1 mile. Lost first 80 lbs this way.

Then I switched over to calorie counting and introduced carbs back into my diet. Dropped 6 more pounds.

I would still like to lose 10 more lbs but my body is not cooperating. I think it is because I now run an hour a day followed by 30-45 mins of strength training. The scale hasnt moved in a long time, but my abs, butt, and arms are looking FAB and I am down a belt loop.

For me it really comes down to counting calories and moving :)

Also try to have a goal. I have never been a "runner", as a matter of fact I HATE running! But I know it is good for me so I am training myself to do it. This summer I would like to raise money for and participate in some charity runs! IT is a goal for me that keeps me motivated to go to the gym and to push new limits and to make the right choices regarding food. I want my boyfriend and kids to be proud of me and to watch me do something with my fitness that gives back. I would also like to start a support group in my area for obese women and mothers who need some guidance and support to make some changes.

Set goals, eat less move more, and give back when you can, that is my advice.

I Struggled to get rid of my jelly doughnut ring on the bottom of my stomach the same way! I've now got a handle on it - by doing Insanity and replacing some of my meals with juicing

Maybe give it a shot? I do Brazilian Juijitzu too which pushes your body to extremes and definitely helps build definition
  • jardin12
    jardin12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Whatever it takes. Just whatever it takes! Keep throwing ***## at it and one day something will stick.
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    Making yourself miserable by being overly restrictive with calories or overly aggressive with exercise does not lead to sustainable weight loss. Slow is the way to go!
  • clarkelent
    Options
    Support local farm markets, and avoid foods with labels.
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What you eat in private, shows in public
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    log everything you put in your mouth-stay with in your calories workout-and drink water-:smile:

^this hands down
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of things you want. My biggest craving is pizza! I started eating clean 7 weeks ago, and all the while said I would allow myself a piece of pizza for Valentine's Day. So I did! It was something to look forward to, I got the craving out of my system, and now I'm right back to my 1200 cal/day diet.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself, you cannot fail so one slip just means, check under the couch to see if it needs cleaned :wink: then get up and dust yourself off and get back on your program!
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    One slip up does not mean the end of the world, learn from it and let it go...just because you went over on one food or meal that does not mean you should scrap the day and give up and eat whatever. This was the hardest one for me by far.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Slow and Steady