WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST TIP FOR WEIGHT LOSS

Options

Replies

• CBrawley70
    CBrawley70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been at this "starting point" so many times, I really don't know how to explain it. I feel like I am sabotaging my own weight loss! Something in me, I honestly don't know what clicks inside when I begin to really get on a roll with weight loss. Recently, I have lost almost 70 pounds and ONE thing in my life changed and I went completely back to my old ways... I would try to talk myself out of it, the positive talk I have learned so much about, trying to do other things instead of eating and the results were the same!! All the weight came back plus some. WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MYSELF? If anyone has experienced this and has overcome, please let me know how you did it, I am so tired of being sick and tired.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself if you're hungry eat just learn portion control.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Focus on health and fitness more, or at least as much, as weight loss. If you eat right and exercise, the weight will take care of itself.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I put this on another thread, but it bears repeating....Do not put a deadline on weightloss. It will come off when it comes off.
  • rworton
    Options
    Don't call it diet and exercise call it a healthy lifestyle where you are concentrating on changes that will last long term and have positive results, remembering you didn't get heavy overnight and you cannot lose it overnight.
  • cruciangyal1031
    cruciangyal1031 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    when you go home...don't put on your biggest sweats. As a girl I put on my skinny jeans and watch my gut hangover.....nothing kills an urge to snack like a gut hanging over the waistline.

stay positive. It's what you do a majority of the time that counts!

This is AWESOME!!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    log everything you put in your mouth-stay with in your calories workout-and drink water-:smile:

That is 3 things.
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Patience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You didn't pack on the weight in 30-60 days don't expect it to come off in 30-60.
  • Gianttiger14
    Gianttiger14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that your body recognises as food.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Don't give up.
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Don't give up

^^^^THIS^^^^^
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Get the correct nutrition facts and log correctly.
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Portion control!

This was going to be my tip also.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit

This
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    when you go home...don't put on your biggest sweats. As a girl I put on my skinny jeans and watch my gut hangover.....nothing kills an urge to snack like a gut hanging over the waistline.

stay positive. It's what you do a majority of the time that counts!

haha! Thats the best advice I've seen on here!
  • credessa
    credessa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Never trade what you want the most, for what you want at the moment.
  • carolyncjb
    Options
    I have been trying for the last 6 months and failing. I changed to all healthy foods but found that when I exercise more, I dont lose and it is because my appetite gets outrageous. I am going to try this. I am going to do a brisk walk everyday for no more than 20 minutes, and hopefully I can stay under my calories needed to lose. I have lost but it has been going so slow.
  • madlibscholar
    madlibscholar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't diet! Eat a bit less, make healthier choices, but if you want a cookie, eat a cookie, then move on!
  • Emily_Viviscal
    Options
    Presence over perfection. (That is, a short workout is better than none. Reducing your sweets/junk food is still an improvement.) Tomorrow is another day.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Exercise