Replies

• fast_stacie
    fast_stacie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water.
  • Charlottecornish
    Charlottecornish Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation!!!! Don't deny yourself a treat and don't beat yourself up when things are not going great!!! Exercise that little bit more try positive thinking and don't be negative about yourself. Most of all its a lifestyle choice!!!!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Lean protein, LOTS of veggies and water !
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Find something you can stick with basically forever.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    GET BACK ON THE HORSE!!!!! It doesn't matter if you fall off, what matters is what you do next........
  • hollyan29
    hollyan29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Portion control, lots of water and record everything you put in your mouth. Don't deprive yourself of a treat now and then, just have a bite or two. Once you are into it for a bit you will realize that some stuff is just not worth putting in your mouth.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Never give up, never surrender.

Now I want to go watch Galaxy Quest, lol.

(Also: some excellent tips on here.)
  • luckylyds
    luckylyds Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pleased that I'm not the only one cramming myself in the clothes that are too small for motivation! I just bought new gym clothes that are too tight so I can see the flab when I'm exercising and see them get loser the harder I work!
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tracking
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    don't stop
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Make time!

If you feel like you have no time to work out, wake up early and work out before work. Or divide the workouts, or work out before going to bed.. or during lunch.. etc.

If you feel like you have no time for cooking and you end up eating fast food: either make better choices or cook on the weekend for the whole week.

There are a lot of excuses, but most of them have a real solution if you really want to see it.

Also.. ladies.. TOM is real and it will happen.. Go with it and then move on... it's only one week a month after all.. I'd also recommend not to weight yourself during those days, it's going to be depressing and it's not worth it. Weighting yourself once a month is better for your mental health ;)
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    have a plan.

If you fail to prepare you prepare to fail.
  • kathyhackman
    Options
    no late night snacks - I don't eat anything after 7 anymore - If I really want a snack and have calories left I make sure I eat it early
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Never trade what you want the most, for what you want at the moment.

I love this ^^^!! I have a word doc that I copy great diet phrases to, and this one made the cut. Thanks!

My tip is: Get a good food scale and a few sets of measuring cups and spoons. The most accurate measurement will be weighing in grams, if that's not too messy or cumbersome. In any case, don't guess at portions.
  • AubreyDeAnne
    Options
    About every 2 weeks, have an off day and treat yourself to something you wouldn't normally eat any other day. Not only does this give you am incentive, but it also boosts your metabolism.
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Move more
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Try reading weight loss success stories; many people give tips plus the stories are inspirational. Great for pumping up motivation!!! Eat healthy and exercise at least 3X a week!!! You're on the right track with MFP!!!

Good Luck!!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I would say portion control and keep on moving. Even if you can't make it to the gym, try to find ways to be active. Like maybe make trips around the office or work fast at work ( walk fast, move fast if you work in retail ). Take the steps instead of the escalator. Park further away. Take walks.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Vegetables and vigorous exercise.
  • fayefayee5
    fayefayee5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you have a cheat day or fall off the wagon, get over it, And start again the next day or as soon as possible.

You havent 'wasted your week'.... dont give up & continue eating bad and "start on monday".... start NOW.

We all have weak moments and we all at some point in time will eat that slice of cake :D