WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST TIP FOR WEIGHT LOSS

Options

Replies

• joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Never give up and ditch the booze..................
  • That_weird_angel
    Options
    People say that you should have your 8hour sleep , that's apparently important in your weightloss journey>>>>>
    "There are over two dozen studies that suggest that people who sleep less tend to weigh more," says Sanjay Patel, MD, assistant professor of medicine at Case Western Reserve University, in Cleveland, Ohio. One such study, published in the Archives of Internal Medicine,examined approximately 1,000 people, and found a link between weight and time spent in bed. On average, people who were overweight slept 16 minutes less per day than normal weight people -- a small, but significant difference. Recent research led by Patel followed 68,183 women, all part of the Nurses' Health Study, for 16 years. The results: Those who slept 5 hours or less a night were nearly a third more likely to gain 30 pounds or more than women who slept 7 hours per night.

There are several different ways losing sleep can thwart your weight loss efforts. Research from the University of Chicago suggests that sleep deprivation may lead to a change in how our bodies regulate appetite, leading us to crave more food. "You may start not only eating more, but eating unhealthy foods -- those high in fat and carbohydrates," says Patel. "Another possibility is that because people who are sleep-deprived feel more fatigued, they exercise less. Sleep deprivation can also change your basal metabolic rate, slowing down how many calories you burn just doing basic life-sustaining activities, like breathing and maintaining body temperature."

>>>>>I copied and pasted this , I don't own it ^_^
  • That_weird_angel
    Options
    That's interesting:) I'll definitely try it!
  • simonmcdonald564
    Options
    If you do have a bar of chocolate or go for some Pizza, do not look on this as cheating but make plans to balance the extra calories, a run or an extra session in the Gym.
    Remember
    This for me and many other people is a change of lifestyle not a diet on its own, you have to create a plan for the rest of your life and be able to live within your guidelines
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    set realistic milestone goals, having a lot of weight to lose in one go is daunting, smaller achievable goals breaks it up and before you no it you've reached your target
  • ianlikesholidays
    ianlikesholidays Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Add Frozen vegetables to meals - I eat lots of food and never feel hungry.
    Just pop veg in the microwave for a few minutes and add it to soups, meals etc.
    You can add Broccoli, Cauliflower, peas, sweet corn, baby carrots and double the size of your portions for very few additional calories,
    Ian
  • jelie3110
    Options
    Low carb all week with a "cheat day" on Saturdays where I eat anything and everything i want including french fries icecream and chocolate, works great for me!
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Be HONEST and ACCURATE with your logging and remember cheating yourself is certain to end in FAILURE!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the life you are leading whilst losing weight.
  • ThinWhiteDuchess
    ThinWhiteDuchess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    EAT. That is the most important thing. Eat. Listen to your body. Don't starve it. Don't punish it. It's closer to you than any friend, lover, or enemy, for that matter. Treat it as such.
  • amyst92
    amyst92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure.

^this^
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    weigh everything never guesstimate

David :smile:
  • cmsmj1
    cmsmj1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Take your time

No-one here put 2lbs a week on when they were gaining weight....so stop trying to lose it so fast
  • DiKoehler
    DiKoehler Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    measure and record everything
  • Replace one meal with a smoothie
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    I count weightloss in cheeseburgers - it makes weightloss fun :)

So every lb you lose - you've lost 4 cheeseburgers from somewhere on your body! it makes it easier to quantify

Example - Amazingly Diekloehler the last poster lost 172 cheeseburgers which is AMAZING PROGRESS! x

I've only lost 96 cheeseburgers but that is ALOT OF BEEF! ;)

x
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Even slow progress is still progress!!!!!!!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    My biggest tip for weight loss is to forget weight loss altogether!

Change your lifestyle so you are healthy and strong.
    Fat loss will come naturally!

Adjust sleep for 7-9 hours a night. Studies show a 30% decrease in insulin sensitivity in people who slew 6hrs or less.
    Take high quality fish oil and get AT LEAST 1G DHA PER DAY. Studies show theraputic doses to be from 1g-12g per day.
    Optimize Vitamin D and get your personal levels upwards of 70-80NG/DL or higher. Countries with high vitamin D have almost no autoimmune disease!
    Try getting D from the sun but if you must take a supplement, use a higher quality one.
    Eat better but most importantly, eat more protein! With 20-30g protein per meal, the rate of protein synthesis is increased and you won't lose as much muscle while leaning out.

Lift weights 2-3x a week and walk.
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Never give up, never surrender.
    This^^^

And I think I love you! :heart: :laugh: One of my favourite Alan Rickman films!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Summed up in this quote, from the nutritional ninja himself...

"Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition"
    --Alan Aragon