Boyfriend dilemma

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

I agree with you Mr. Knight. I feel that it's more of a companion type thing. Maybe at 70 I'll want that but now now.

I don't think he is really "into" me and I am definitely losing interest in him.

I'm not so sure you're really "into" him. You only want to be acknowledged via a text or email during the week, you don't want to live with him, you don't want to intrude on movie night with his son. If this man is someone you love then you want to find a way to be together more often, spend time with his children so you can form a relationship with them. I really don't get this at all. I've been married for 21 years and my husband is away from Monday to Friday almost every week and we text and email all week and I find it torturous having him away, I miss him terribly. You don't seem to care less that you don't see him during the week. You really should want to see him and if you don't then that should tell you something.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I wish I could thank each of you individually but then I would never get my *kitten* to work.

Thank you all :flowerforyou:

so you've dumped him?

Yes.

I needed a break anyway. Time to figure out what I want in life.

You know when you first begin a relationship and you can't keep your hands off one another and you want to see each other as much as possible? Well, we never had that. Not even in the beginning.

Congratulations on your new found freedom. I hope newcomers to this thread realize that the issue has been resolved and stop posting here.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I wish I could thank each of you individually but then I would never get my *kitten* to work.

so you've dumped him?

Yes.

You know when you first begin a relationship and you can't keep your hands off one another and you want to see each other as much as possible? Well, we never had that. Not even in the beginning.
    Good move. Don't be afraid to be alone for awhile.

Think of it this way: there is a reason you chose this type of a person to be with. Maybe it "you" time to figure out why so that you can get what you want out of a relationship.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

so you've dumped him?

Yes.

Coming up on 3 years with my girlfriend, and that last part is more true than ever. If we'd never had that, I can't imagine we would've been together 3 months, let alone 4 years.
    Coming up on nine years for us, and I could not imagine that either. Even STILL we can't wait to talk to see and talk to each other.He is truly my best friend.
  • Feervi
    Feervi Posts: 30 Member
    Options

so you've dumped him?

Yes.

Yaaay! best thing for you and your mental health :D