Boyfriend dilemma

It will be four years in June that we've been together. We see one another only on the weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and we're both content with that. No sleep overs on the weekend either. I'm okay with that too. When you live alone for a long time, you kinda enjoy it.

However, I never hear from him during the week. Rarely will he give me a call at lunch, never in the evening. Sometimes we will email or IM but not often. I never get a good morning from him or good night ... even via text. Nothing. I think he would be just fine with not talking to me Monday through Thursday.

I don't contact him anymore either because I am tired of always making the first move.

We've discussed it but he thinks I overreact.

Am I over reacting?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Just break up.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    so you all have been together since you were 8?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,309 Member
    He's married.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    He's married.

100% honest, that was my first thought.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    I think I talk more to myself than it sounds like he talks to you. And I'm a rather sane individual... :flowerforyou:

A close friend of mine put it this way once, he said your significant other should be everything your friends are to you plus some. People create these double standards for their partners, allowing themselves to be treated dismissively if not altogether poorly in the name of being in a relationship. Decide how you're going to demand to be treated then follow through. Better to end it at 4 years than 5, 6, 7, 29 years...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    This isn't a boyfriend. It's a booty call.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Time for a talk. Maybe he's just "duh" and thinks its not an issue if you haven't mentioned it before.
  • so you all have been together since you were 8?

I don't get it. :huh:
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Is he married from Monday-Thursday? If not, overreacting.

Although once I was going out with a girl for 4 months or so and got tired of always contacting her first, so I stopped. We haven't talked since. Now that its ~15 years later.... I think it might be over.
  • Sinisterly
    -nodnod-
  • This isn't a boyfriend. It's a booty call.

That's what it feels like! We do shop together on the weekend, go out to eat, movies, etc... and he always comes to my house because he works out of his house and likes to get out. We actually have a nice time but I do feel at times that it's a booty call or I'm a part time girlfriend.
  • You said boyfriend, but I didn't see anything that indicated one...
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Is this behavior acceptable to you?

That's really the only question you should be asking. It either works for you or it doesn't. If it doesn't, move on and find something else that does.

Anything you get out of this thread will be pure speculation and/or people's opinions based on their own needs and bias.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    so you all have been together since you were 8?

I don't get it. :huh:

Cause only 12 year olds see each other on weekends and use the word sleepover? That is my only guess.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Time to reassess the relationship, whether it's going anywhere or whether you're both happy to continue how things are. No contact at all seems unusual though.
  • Sinisterly

That's what it feels like! We do shop together on the weekend, go out to eat, movies, etc... and he always comes to my house because he works out of his house and likes to get out. We actually have a nice time but I do feel at times that it's a booty call or I'm a part time girlfriend.
    Just break up.
  • Is he married from Monday-Thursday? If not, overreacting.

Although once I was going out with a girl for 4 months or so and got tired of always contacting her first, so I stopped. We haven't talked since. Now that its ~15 years later.... I think it might be over.

That's funny!! :bigsmile:

This is 4 years though not 4 months.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Break up.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    It will be four years in June that we've been together. We see one another only on the weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and we're both content with that. No sleep overs on the weekend either. I'm okay with that too. When you live alone for a long time, you kinda enjoy it.

However, I never hear from him during the week. Rarely will he give me a call at lunch, never in the evening. Sometimes we will email or IM but not often. I never get a good morning from him or good night ... even via text. Nothing. I think he would be just fine with not talking to me Monday through Thursday.

I don't contact him anymore either because I am tired of always making the first move.

We've discussed it but he thinks I overreact.

Am I over reacting?

Depends what you want from your relationship... If you want more contact with your other half you need to tell him that... If he says no, then you decide if you stay with him as things are, or consider finding someone who isn't married....
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member

...but you've been to his house before, right?