Do anything special when you hit your goal weight?

Replies

• littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Everyone's replies made my day even more special. Thank you!

I am thinking of getting a heart rate monitor (maybe a Polar or something like that) and possibly a fitbit.

I had started getting new clothes last month. I will probably need new shorts and sweats/training sweats, and some jeans have to get tossed out because they are all SO BAGGY...THEY ALL SAG like a GANGSTA.
  • Cozmetick
    Cozmetick Posts: 94 Member
    Haven't reached mine yet, but when I do Im going to start planning my wedding!:)
  • Probably dinner at the Chart House in Cardiff by the Sea. i mightm even have a Margarita or Bloody Mary.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    I went out and bought shoes!!
    When I get to the next one (it's addictive this goal business} I rather fancy a tattoo.
    Great going on your achievement. :drinker:
  • sfdf40
    sfdf40 Posts: 32 Member
    Yup I set a NEW GOAL!!! Decided to keep going with the weight loss.

eta: Congrats on hitting your goal
  • chelsea4491
    chelsea4491 Posts: 5 Member
    I've still got a long way to go, but one of the things I really wanna do is to go on a vacation abroad (complete with new clothes/swimwear) and do some things I've always wanted to do like go on a zip-line,swim with dolphins,and take pictures of me in all the places I want to go looking absolutely fabulous!
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    i want to buy some barbells and plates. But the house we currently are in has no space for that, plus our baby stuff has taken over more than half the house anyway LOL
    But yeah, i would love to have that, so i attend cardio classes and do weights at home!
  • congrats!! I am defiantly buying new clothes when I get there. I dont want to know because I would like to lose at-least 50 more pounds and dont want to buy clothes twice.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    For my mini goals of 30lbs - shoes.

When I lose all 100+ I'm gonna do two things - 1. Find an amateur night at a strip club and shake my money maker and 2. a burlesque style reveal for my closest friends... and then we are going downtown to the trendiest nightclub and getting stupid!!
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Take a Picture, Delete My MFP Account, Binge Eat until I gain it all back, Just so I can do it all again!
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Congrats! I plan on going shopping. :)
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Im been very generous with my weight loss, for every pound in weight i loose, im putting £10 in a money box. then once i get to my goal weight i will have a nice bit to buy myself a new wardrobe. i dont intend to treat myself with clothes along the way only when necessary.
    I do also have two small butterfly tatooed on my left foot, to represent each stone i lost when i previously lost two stone, so once i get back to on tract I can continue.
  • Cocoa_Jean
    Cocoa_Jean Posts: 35 Member
    I gave myself a good slap on the *kitten* and then sat down to establish some new goals. Reaching goal weight is kind of like finally arriving at the starting line of a much longer race...that's when the real work begins...maintaining that weight requires a completely different mindset, as you will no longer be rewarded for your efforts by watching the number drop on the scale. Goals become more fitness and health oriented and "success" is far more arbitrary.

I think this is an extremely sound piece of wisdom. I know I get excited with every dip in the scale but that really IS only the beginning.. as you age and things slow down, you have to keep the energy going.. never give up.. NEVER SURRENDER!!!
  • 4realrose8
    4realrose8 Posts: 117 Member
    Get pregnant again? A trip to Europe?

It's so far off, it's fun to just dream right now.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    congrats!!

I'm going to buy clothes and lots of them! Maybe a tattoo but I'm so picky it will take me forever to pick one lol
  • Wow, congrats! Probably a new wardrobe definitely, clothes I feel confident in.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Congrats on getting there!
    My "goal weight milestone" coincided with a hysterectomy, so what I gave myself was a complication-free procedure and a nice recovery, made easier by the strength of my triceps and posterior chain in addition to the relative absence of visceral fat. I ate what I could/wanted without counting calories for about 2-4 weeks, then was cleared for whatever activity I wanted. A month or so later, I bought myself a rack/bench set, a barbell and plates... and a pair of booty jeans. :bigsmile: Around the 6-month mark, I signed myself up for a 2-year contract of Krav Maga classes. After about 4-6 weeks off for a minor back injury, and still right at that goal weight, I'm loving KM and finally getting ready to hit the weights again in earnest - this time with a personal trainer at my gym.

So yeah, my "rewards" are basically MOAR FITNESS. Because it feels so awesome to be able to do all this stuff, when just over a year ago I was nearly resigned to spending the rest of my life in physical decline. Ha!
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    stare at myself in the mirror!

this :D. ^^
  • I am definitely going to buy new summer clothes, and very sexy shoes! 15 pounds to go! I love everyone's comments.:smile:
  • creasy24
    creasy24 Posts: 12 Member
    I have a hat problem. So I set the goal of every 10lbs I lose to buy a new hat. Got 2 hats so far and will get 5 more by the end of the year. I like setting small goals and working towards the big goal.