Do anything special when you hit your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Taiser
    Taiser Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    New motorcycle for me this summer!!! Bit of a delay since i hit my goal weight a few months back, but I can wait... :)
  • midnightjogger
    midnightjogger Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If finances are pretty good at that time I would like to reward myself with a hot air balloon ride. It's been a big dream of mine and how i feel is it would be that much sweeter if it's part of my reward for achieving my weight loss goal.
  • timidlady
    timidlady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 15 pounds to go. When I get there, I'm going to cut my hair. I have really long hair right now, but I refuse to cut it until I get there. I can't wait. It's a big motivator and I think I'll be down another pound once I cut it, too. Sometimes I think I won't ever get there and I might end up sweeping the floor with my hair. I just keep plugging away at it..
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    congrats!
    I will be happy to celebrate by wearing all the nice smaller size wardrobe I own....be happy to have my picture taken again. Probably get more workout clothes.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 5 pounds under goal weight and then I'm going to have a day of sweet sweet gluttony. it will be glorious.
  • Jess732008
    Jess732008 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight this morning! Yay!!! :drinker: It feels really good. I've lost about 25 pounds since August and I feel amazing and I'm in the best shape in years. This is rewarding enough...

...but did you do anything special to celebrate hitting your goal weight? New outfit? Buy a fitness gadget? Special dinner? (LOL)

I've been thinking about doing something cool, just haven't decided yet.

When (if) I reach goal, I want to really celebrate and go on a wonderful long vacation. Losing around 200 lbs should really be celebrated in my mind.
  • Jess732008
    Jess732008 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've still got a long way to go, but one of the things I really wanna do is to go on a vacation abroad (complete with new clothes/swimwear) and do some things I've always wanted to do like go on a zip-line,swim with dolphins,and take pictures of me in all the places I want to go looking absolutely fabulous!

I love this idea. I just wrote about how I want a long vacation for myself. I guess I need to start saving.
  • GrEyedRose
    GrEyedRose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The group I am losing with are going to Chicago for the weekend when we hit goal!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I got a DEXA scan to learn my accurate body composition. And now I'm working with a trainer to set new goals. Awesome splurges that are all about my health!
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am saving money this whole time, 2 euros for every kilo and a 10 euro bonus when I lose 10 kilo's. My mom is contributing the same amount of money. When I'm done I can spend the money on 'expensive' clothing items which I normally can't afford. Good jeans, cute dress, new underwear etc. I can't wait for the day I get to go shopping. Even tho it's a long way to go!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Yep, I started sexting my husband pictures of myself when he was in meetings at work.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Grats on hitting your goal weight!!! You rock!

I'm 20-25 lbs out from mine. Hoping to hit mine this year! DH and I decided that if we hit our goal weight and maintain it then next year we're taking the kids and going to Walt Disney World!!!!!!!!!! I'm so flippin' excited!! This is totally motivating me to keep at it. We started saving in January so we have a year and a half to save and get ready. And of course, a new wardrobe for the trip. :D
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on hitting your goal weight!!! :-) That must be a wonderful feeling.

Roller coasters are a big thing for me and I haven't gone on any of them in over a decade. Partly just due to circumstances but also because I was terrified that I might not fit onto all of the rides. Now that I'm a lot smaller than the last time I went (and fit back then) I'm excited about riding all of the rides at a local amusement park this Spring. That will be a reward for me!

How funny you mention this... Last time I tried to ride a roller coaster, the restraint wouldn't close. Talk about humiliating!!

Next week I'm going to be in Las Vegas, and I'm going to ride that same roller coaster! And in June I'm going ziplining and parasailing (both were off limits last time I had the opportunity because I was too big)

When I reach goal, I'm going to reward myself with an arm lift. I've hated my batwings for 25 years!!

Congrats on reaching goal!! What a great accomplishment.
  • Kaydismom
    Kaydismom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds nuts, but when I hit my goal weight, I'm going skydiving. :noway: It's something that I have ALWAYS, always wanted to do and have been afraid to try.

I went skydiving with my mama on Mother's Day 2 years ago. It was my present for losing all the weight I had lost! Amazing feeling!
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I want to get some really well done professional family pictures. Some with just the hubby and I (since I was fat and pregnant for our wedding and hate our wedding pics) and some with hubby and our two boys. I've avoided doing this for years because I didn't want to spend good money on pics I knew I wouldn't like but this summer it is happening!

Oh, and I'm going to buy a boat load of new hot clothes. Already in the planning stages of a girl shopping weekend with my best ladies :)
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    GO YOU!!!!!
    I haven't put much thought into it, surprisingly, lol. After reading your post though, I think the first thing I will do is cry! I mean, all that time and effort and finally getting there. Yup, I would cry. :)
    Congrats, do something fun!
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yup, set a new goal, whether weight, body comp, or performance related

This is the KEY!! Having hit my goal weight before and then slacking off and letting it get away from me I HIGHLY RECOMMEND setting a new goal. Weight is not the ultimate goal, it is an easily measurable goal. SO NOW set another goal for your self as suggested. My goal is to run a 10K, or a plank goal, or a push up goal, or a burpees goal (UGH).... anything that keeps you moving forward and not forgetting how much hard work it took to get there. It will take that much and MORE to stay there.
  • tangogem
    tangogem Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I squealed and did my version of a touchdown dance in my bathroom ;D CONGRATS!!!
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

When I reach goal, I'm going to reward myself with an arm lift. I've hated my batwings for 25 years!!

I think I could work with this!!! Perhaps a tummy tuck or a butt lift!! :) I do know someone who had her arms "sculpted". Not exactly sure about that one but hey..... everybody's got their own ideas.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mine fell on my birthday so I ate cake and fried chicken. I may treat myself to a new wig .
    When I reach my perfect body shape (I have lots of weights to do) I will have a massive tattoo!