How big of an age gap do you have between you and your S.O.?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am 2 years younger than my husband :) I think as long as y'all want the same things in life then age isn't all that important.
  • spondypete
    spondypete Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My wife is 8 years older than me, and we have been married for 21 years now.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I'm older than my SO by a whopping 2 months and some change. We met in high school :smile:
  • cco60
    cco60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband is 13 years older than me.. we've been married for 24 years... I was 32 when we got married and he was 45 (I'm his 3rd wife)... all is good although he is approaching 70 and the medical issues are starting to creep in
  • StillBreathingFitness
    Options
    I was married 18 years to a lady 15 years older than me and dated a lady 10 years younger.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the 1/2 + 7 "rule" yet.

The person and where each of you is in life matters more than chronological age. I've dated people as much as 20 years older and 20 years younger, so I guess it is something that doesn't matter much to me.

My last relationship was with someone who is 36. I am 41. I am currently dating three people--28, 47 and 51.
  • StillBreathingFitness
    Options
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the 1/2 + 7 "rule" yet.

The person and where each of you is in life matters more than chronological age. I've dated people as much as 20 years older and 20 years younger, so I guess it is something that doesn't matter much to me.

My last relationship was with someone who is 36. I am 41. I am currently dating three people--28, 47 and 51.

That's a great rule. And perfect answer. Age matters less than maturity.

Do all the guys know you are dating them all? Lol ;)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My husband is two and a half years older than me. His younger brother and I are the same age (born on the same day), which is funny because I also have a twin brother. I met my husband in college. We have been in relationship for 18 years. But, right now we joke about him being a man in his 40's with a woman in her 30's (we did the same when he turned 30).

I don't have judgement on your relationship. That's based on what you want. Though it sounds like you are questioning it.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Well he's an ex but we still live together. He's 34 and I'm 25. 9 years. I feel like I act more natural than him most days though.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Do all the guys know you are dating them all? Lol ;)

Yes, they know that I am dating, generally, and that I am not interested in a commitment at the moment. We are all part of the local Latin dance community to various extents, so they can figure it out if they want.
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 years younger than my husband. In regards to age gaps, I think it depends on where you both are in life and where you want to be.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    My husband is three years and three months older. We were married when he was 34 and I was a couple of weeks shy of 31 (we'd met three years earlier).

Interestingly, my dad is three years older than my mother and my father-in-law is three years older than my mother-in-law.

The biggest age gap when I was dating was with a man 16 years my senior (turned out he was also married...but that's another story). I dated one or two younger men...but not more than a year or so younger.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    He's 5 years younger. Sometimes it feels like I have another teenager in the house, but I adore him and he makes me laugh.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    First wife was 4 years younger, my S.O who just moved out was 12 years younger. I have no luck with the younger group, maybe I need to find an older sexy lady who knows her *kitten*.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    about 4.5 years; she just turned 22 and I'm 26. The largest gap I had was 15 years though...she was 38 and I was 23. Definitely a cougar.
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am 13 years older than my wife, works for us :)
  • robinhager3998
    robinhager3998 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 12 years younger than my husband. When you are younger, as you are, the age difference doesn't matter very much. I am now 59 and my husband is 71. I am seeing that we are becoming very different in our wants and needs that didn't show up when we were younger. My sex life is over, and has been for quite a while. He is having more medical issues. These things may not matter to you now, but later on they will. No matter how much you love someone, down the road you may rethink your decision. Good luck.