Snacking too much!

Options

Replies

• 4realrose8
    4realrose8 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    the only bad food is the one that makes you blow out your calories for the day, or blow out your macro % …in my opinion...

so if you're at 1800 calories and your goal for the day is 1800 calories, but it's only 9pm and you're a little hungry and you've got and equal caloric amount of kale and a package of two ding dongs to choose between, which is worse?

if you're at 1750 out of 1800 which is worse?

if you're at 1900 out of 1800 which is worse?

see a pattern?

I suppose that would be up to the individual person and what their goals are or how they feel for the day ..

If I have already had ice cream or cookies then I might go for something else…or I might just stay at 1750 …

If I was really hungry and had something similar to kale, I would probably go for that ..or maybe some string cheese..

I really do not like Kale, so I would never have it at my place to choose from ...

i dont think this was part of the hypothetical.

point is none of you have been able to point out a situation in which kale is bad, however there ARE situations in which ding dongs are bad.

conclusion?

We have, you just ignore them.

no. you simply haven't. there is NO INSTANCE in which you will suffer for having chosen the kale instead of the ding dong. not one. ever. the end. you've all admitted it without admitting it and that's ok - you have your image to uphold and I understand that. :flowerforyou:

Um no, my husband would suffer severely for choosing the kale instead of the ding dong, his insides would be shredded for hours, but your statement was about completely healthy, which proved absolutely nothing, because the exact same statement applies equally to the ding dong.

I've addressed this issue.

Nope, you've danced around the issue and ignored the point. But you play it off however you want if it makes you feel better.

in literally no way is this true. I said in my scenario that we're talking about a perfectly healthy grown person, and in that person there is no scenario where kale is bad, but there ARE scenarios in which ding dongs are bad. sad that I have to rehash instead of you just... reading it all when I first said it.

Even my 3 year old knows kale, "greens" are healthier than cake (essentially what a ding dong is, right?) Why argue this point????
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    the only bad food is the one that makes you blow out your calories for the day, or blow out your macro % …in my opinion...

so if you're at 1800 calories and your goal for the day is 1800 calories, but it's only 9pm and you're a little hungry and you've got and equal caloric amount of kale and a package of two ding dongs to choose between, which is worse?

see a pattern?

I suppose that would be up to the individual person and what their goals are or how they feel for the day ..

If I have already had ice cream or cookies then I might go for something else…or I might just stay at 1750 …

If I was really hungry and had something similar to kale, I would probably go for that ..or maybe some string cheese..

I really do not like Kale, so I would never have it at my place to choose from ...

point is none of you have been able to point out a situation in which kale is bad, however there ARE situations in which ding dongs are bad.

conclusion?

no. you simply haven't. there is NO INSTANCE in which you will suffer for having chosen the kale instead of the ding dong. not one. ever. the end. you've all admitted it without admitting it and that's ok - you have your image to uphold and I understand that. :flowerforyou:

Um no, my husband would suffer severely for choosing the kale instead of the ding dong, his insides would be shredded for hours, but your statement was about completely healthy, which proved absolutely nothing, because the exact same statement applies equally to the ding dong.

Nope, you've danced around the issue and ignored the point. But you play it off however you want if it makes you feel better.

in literally no way is this true. I said in my scenario that we're talking about a perfectly healthy grown person, and in that person there is no scenario where kale is bad, but there ARE scenarios in which ding dongs are bad. sad that I have to rehash instead of you just... reading it all when I first said it.

Even my 3 year old knows kale, "greens" are healthier than cake (essentially what a ding dong is, right?) Why argue this point????

because of the bastardization of IIFYM.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

see a pattern?

conclusion?

Sad is not being able to figure out that there is no way in which the ding dong is bad either, given that multiple people have said it many times.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

see a pattern?

conclusion?

Sigh.

Both have a place in a balanced diet if you so choose it. Ding-Dongs are something I would use to hit my carbs and fat at the end of the day and Kale...well I wouldn't eat kale. It's a garnish. I don't eat garnishes.

And in some strange situation where I have 50 calories left and only had a ding dong and kale to choose from I'd eat 50 calories worth of the ding-dong. Excerpt I don't eat ding dongs either.

Guess I'm screwed.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

Sad is not being able to figure out that there is no way in which the ding dong is bad either, given that multiple people have said it many times.

!!! :noway:

do you literally NEED me to copy+paste everything for you again? really? really?

if you're at 1750 calories out of an allotted 1800 and you can choose between kale and a 2pack of ding dongs... which is the BAD - bleeping - CHOICE?

lol you need to stop. you're embarrassing yourself.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

Sigh.

Both have a place in a balanced diet if you so choose it. Ding-Dongs are something I would use to hit my carbs and fat at the end of the day and Kale...well I wouldn't eat kale. It's a garnish. I don't eat garnishes.

I want to point something out that's totally brilliant here:

NONE of the IIFYM-ers here defending ding dongs don't eat kale.

I love it. It's too perfect. :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

because if you eat the ding dongs and maintain your deficit then no, it is not bad...
  • 4realrose8
    4realrose8 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

see a pattern?

conclusion?

I will never understand this thinking. Having a treat is fine. We all do it. By why not encourage people toward health, especially on a "snacking too much" thread. Meaning-- hey, I might be overdoing it and I need to control it. Perhaps I should make better choices??"

This wasn't a "OMG it's my birthday, should I have Kale instead of cake?? What should I do?????" thread. Then you can perhaps say-- hey, have a piece. Don't go overboard, but it's okay to live life and have cake occasionally.

But no. That's anathema here, apparently. You need daily ding dongs to reach your goals.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

I will never understand this thinking. Having a treat is fine. We all do it. By why not encourage people toward health, especially on a "snacking too much" thread. Meaning-- hey, I might be overdoing it and I need to control it. Perhaps I should make better choices??"

This wasn't a "OMG it's my birthday, should I have Kale instead of cake?? What should I do?????" thread. Then you can perhaps say-- hey, have a piece. Don't go overboard, but it's okay to live life and have cake occasionally.

But no. That's anathema here, apparently. You need daily ding dongs to reach your goals.

Jonnythan's diary is a treat in that regard.
  • ndj1979
    Options

see a pattern?

conclusion?

apparently, you still have not read through the thread…

this was a ….is it ok to eat snacks - Like ding dongs - if I maintain my deficit thread….
  • cwsreddy
    Options

because if you eat the ding dongs and maintain your deficit then no, it is not bad...

though, again, it is a less nutritious option than said kale, and thus it is a less good choice (which also means worse which also means comparatively bad)
  • Achrya
    Options

see a pattern?

conclusion?

The response I want to give would be strike worthy so instead I'll continue to say "All things have a place in a balanced diet, including daily ding-dongs." If you can't understand that then, frankly, I'm glad my manner of thinking is beyond you.

And you seem to be confused about what the thread was about, beeteedubs.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

apparently, you still have not read through the thread…

this was a ….is it ok to eat snacks - Like ding dongs - if I maintain my deficit thread….

it was till y'all blew it up with harassing people. lol
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The response I want to give would be strike worthy so instead I'll continue to say "All things have a place in a balanced diet, including daily ding-dongs." If you can't understand that then, frankly, I'm glad my manner of thinking is beyond you.
    Likewise. It's like picking up a book, reading the last three pages and thinking you know what's been going on for the first 700.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

do you literally NEED me to copy+paste everything for you again? really? really?

if you're at 1750 calories out of an allotted 1800 and you can choose between kale and a 2pack of ding dongs... which is the BAD - bleeping - CHOICE?

And if you are at 1500 and need 1800, which is the bad choice? You want to pretend your arguments are the only ones that matter, but they're not. I've read all of your comments as well as the ones from everyone else. You've been shut down multiple times and think no one will notice if you just keep arguing. It's not working. There is no BETTER given the two choices you postulated, period, end of statement. The concept of better in this example is entirely circumstantial.

Trying to attack my personal intellect just proves that you have nothing of further value to add.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

And you seem to be confused about what the thread was about, beeteedubs.

this is why this thread has gone the way it has, beginning with this particular poster.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

And if you are at 1500 and need 1800, which is the bad choice? You want to pretend your arguments are the only ones that matter, but they're not. I've read all of your comments as well as the ones from everyone else. You've been shut down multiple times and think no one will notice if you just keep arguing. It's not working. There is no BETTER given the two choices you postulated, period, end of statement. The concept of better in this example is entirely circumstantial.

Trying to attack my personal intellect just proves that you have nothing of further value to add.

there's not a single moment in this thread when I've been shut down. lol
  • ndj1979
    Options

though, again, it is a less nutritious option than said kale, and thus it is a less good choice (which also means worse which also means comparatively bad)

now you are just playing with semantics….so I disagree.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Likewise. It's like picking up a book, reading the last three pages and thinking you know what's been going on for the first 700.

I imagine she thinks the first bit of the book is a bunch of people who have only ever had vanity pounds to lose plotting to make people fat by promoting snack cakes or something.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

now you are just playing with semantics….so I disagree.

sound logic.