MY BREATHING IS AFFECTING MY WEIGHT

Options
mcibty
mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
OK, so I've been breathing for around 26 years now, but I've only just started to really think about losing weight, but, the thing is, every time I breathe out, my stomach sorta like, puffs out too, making me look even bigger!!!

Does anyone else have this problem? I've tried slowing my breathing down as much as I can so my stomach looks sucked in as much as possible, but if anyone has any tips on how not to breathe that'd be great!!

Replies

• Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Are you serious
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    OMG I HAVE THIS AS WELL!!!1111

Oxygen mask?
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the no-breathing diet? Basically, you take all the oxygen you need for the day, whizz it up in a blender and drink it. You'll find you don't need to breathe until the next morning.

It stops you pooping properly,but that's a small price to pay.

In fact, thinking about it, it stops you doing most things. :ohwell:
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    WUT trololol
  • jallen191
    Options
    AHAHAHA my thoughts exactly... slowing own your breathing to look slimmer?
  • mcibty
    Options
    Have you tried the no-breathing diet? Basically, you take all the oxygen you need for the day, whizz it up in a blender and drink it. You'll find you don't need to breathe until the next morning.

OMG one of my friends totes tried this. She died, but I think it's worth a shot if I follow the rules to the letter. Thank you!
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    it's impurities in the air.

When I was a kid, the air was cleaner, therefore less calories.

Now, with pollution and stuff, the air is thicker and has more calories.

THE AIR HAS MADE ME FAT.....

Who can I sue?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    OK, so I've been breathing for around 26 years now, but I've only just started to really think about losing weight, but, the thing is, every time I breathe out, my stomach sorta like, puffs out too, making me look even bigger!!!

Does anyone else have this problem? I've tried slowing my breathing down as much as I can so my stomach looks sucked in as much as possible, but if anyone has any tips on how not to breathe that'd be great!!

Corset and a fainting couch. That's how the ladies did it in the middle ages.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I developed obstructive sleep apnea due to my weight. I scored a 75 on the sleep apnea test. Meaning I stopped breathing for 10 seconds or more 75 times in an hour. CPAP helped.
    But now that I am down over 100 pounds from that point I don't need the CPAP anymore and my breathing is normal again.
    The apnea was the last straw to finally motivate me to change my lifestyle.

Good luck and effort on your journey.

As for belly puff, core conditioning is the cure. Lots of things one can do.
    www.randomabs.com/today has a different 3 exercise set each day. You can easily bang those out before jumping in the shower each morning or add them to your workout.
    I like that it mixes them up. I found that if I do the same thing too long I am not getting as much out of the work.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    OMG one of my friends totes tried this. She died, but I think it's worth a shot if I follow the rules to the letter. Thank you!

lolololol:laugh:
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options

The real question is. Was she her stomach flat at the funeral?
    ( This is totally a joke for anyone wondering)
  • deadyankee
    Options
    You need to up your breathing by at least 50% otherwise you'll go into asphyxiation mode
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You could move to a mountainous region. The air in higher altitudes is thinner and therefore lower calorie.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You could move to a mountainous region. The air in higher altitudes is thinner and therefore lower calorie.

That's just a myth. I live in a mountainous region. The air might be lower in calories, sure, but you it makes you crave more. I find that I binge-breathe a lot. Sometimes I wonder if I'm developing a breathing disorder. I have heard good things about that no-breathing diet that someone else mentioned. I mean, except for the death thing, it makes perfect sense, right?
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm with deadyankee, I think you are not breathing enough. RB (restrictive breathing) can slow down your metabolism. breathing less than 1200 times in a 2.4 hour period is not good for you!

It's also important to have small breaths every 2-3 seconds or you slow down you metabolism!
  • mcibty
    Options
    I'm with deadyankee, I think you are not breathing enough. RB (restrictive breathing) can slow down your metabolism. breathing less than 1200 times in a 2.4 hour period is not good for you!

It's also important to have small breaths every 2-3 seconds or you slow down you metabolism!

Are you sure? 1200 times seems like a lot? I'm breathing in around 800 times a day at the moment, and I don't feel like I need to breathe any more than that. I'm just scared to in case it makes me look bigger until I breath in again.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I advise you stop breathing butter.

(<3)
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

But I bet she now looks super skinny!

fashion+victim+macristudio+skeleton+model.jpg
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure you only breathe CLEAN air! Don't touch any air that has been processed or has ingredients you can't pronounce!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

Are you sure? 1200 times seems like a lot? I'm breathing in around 800 times a day at the moment, and I don't feel like I need to breathe any more than that. I'm just scared to in case it makes me look bigger until I breath in again.

Well, I'm not gonna lie if you start breathing more often you will gain weight at first. But once your body got used to the extra oxygen you will lose weight again and that feeling of looking bigger will go away and you body will get better at getting rid of the carbon dioxide. It takes time though, so stick with it...
    Also why would you try to lose weight on 800 breaths when you can breath double as much?? Do you not like breathing?

And don't forget! There is no such thing as a 0 calorie breath! All breaths contain oxygen!