Angry People

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    the people that are angry, their anger is more about them and their own "Stuff" than anything to do with the person they are directing it at....

i dont take it personally, it really speaks more about that person spewing the negativity than anyone else...

Just because your mommy told you that you're special and the other kids are just mean because they aren't doesn't make it true. It certainly isn't a mentality you should carry into adult life.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Why are people on the internet so...angry? :huh: Every day on these forums there are multiple posts of someone just ripping apart some other person, or type of person, or group of people.

and everyday there's another butthurt noob who thinks sharing a differing opinion and being honest is "hating" and "bullying" and is only done by "meanies" and "internet trolls"...and they feel compelled to start yet another thread about it.

ETA: awesome gif.
    spiderman_crying.gif
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes its because people post a thread wanting everyone to agree with them, then when they don't they get all butt hurt

I don't think I've seen much 'anger' around this place but I guess its all about your perception
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Someone posts this exact thread at least 3 times a month..

Some people on the forums are mean. Won't change.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in…to find out more about internet anger and the angry people of MFP
  • smelius22
    Options
    Why are people on the internet so...angry? :huh: Every day on these forums there are multiple posts of someone just ripping apart some other person, or type of person, or group of people.

and everyday there's another butthurt noob who thinks sharing a differing opinion and being honest is "hating" and "bullying" and is only done by "meanies" and "internet trolls"...and they feel compelled to start yet another thread about it.

spiderman_crying.gif

ah, beat me to it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I think there are many misunderstandings because we are unable to rely upon things like tone of voice, facial expressions, etc. on the internet. I hold back many comments that would be funny if people could hear me say them but possibly insulting in written form.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I attribute it more to people being over sensitive and/or sheltered, rather than others being "angry". Just because someone says something that is in disagreement, not what one wants to hear, contrary to a stedfast belief doesn't constitute anger, being mean, or bullying.

I blame the "everyone gets a participation, don't say anything I don't want to hear or it's bullying crowd."

Agree. The whole generation of people that can not take disappointment or someone telling them they are wrong, is sad to me. It's part of life and a lesson we all had to learn to be successful.
    You are wrong.

Thanks. I need someone to tell me that once in a while. I'm from a generation that had parents that didn't coddle us.
    No problem. I'm a giver. :bigsmile:
  • smelius22
    Options
    Another thing I've seen is people getting waaay too sensitive, as others have stated. and it blows up into more than needed..

I once said to a girl "move along, trollup" on a thread because she wanted everyone to tell her she was right for persuing an engaged man. And I meant it like a light-hearted tease. Wow that one blew up in my face.
  • ndj1979
    Options

spiderman_crying.gif

^ I am going to go with this …

I don't know how many times I post something in a thread that is not "angry" and then someone comes flying in and accusing me of "bullying" being "rude" "snarky" etc…..it just makes me laugh …just because I think your master cleanse is bunk does not mean I am bullying….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Another thing I've seen is people getting waaay too sensitive, as others have stated. and it blows up into more than needed..

I once said to a girl "move along, trollup" on a thread because she wanted everyone to tell her she was right for persuing an engaged man. Wow that one blew up in my face.

whooooops….LOL
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm a lot nicer on the MFP forums than I am in real life...because in interpersonal interactions, I can judge the reaction and push the limits. In text, I take a more measured approach and am slow to escalate it. Well, that the CG (all hail) in real life isn't nearly as restrictive as it is here.

*shrug*
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you got this thread posted in the nick of time. I think we're going for a record for February - "the most 'mean people on the internet' threads in a month" award. Are we in the double digits yet? We have to be.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    the people that are angry, their anger is more about them and their own "Stuff" than anything to do with the person they are directing it at....

i dont take it personally, it really speaks more about that person spewing the negativity than anyone else...

Just because your mommy told you that you're special and the other kids are just mean because they aren't doesn't make it true. It certainly isn't a mentality you should carry into adult life.

But RDJ can -

tumblr_mlsidnbhUd1r4y5m7o2_250.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I'm glad you got this thread posted in the nick of time. I think we're going for a record for February - "the most 'mean people on the internet' threads in a month" award. Are we in the double digits yet? We have to be.

they are running close to "sugar addiction", "sugar is evil", and "Paleo"
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    For the same reason we have people shooting people over texting during previews in the movie theater or because the people in the car they parked close to is booming their music too loud. People seem to want control over everyone else, but they lack the ability to control themselves.

hold on....lemme.....wait.... *reads again*

lemme get this straight...you are equating people posting a different opinion on the internet to shooting someone?

your-post-is-stupid-release-the-lions.jpg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Mean people, funny people....

SAME THING
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Why are people on the internet so...angry? :huh: Every day on these forums there are multiple posts of someone just ripping apart some other person, or type of person, or group of people. They seem to be personally offended by the actions of people they've never even met, and it's always over the most inconsequential things. I really can't relate and am genuinely curious as to what makes some of you guys so angry about what other people do or say.

Many reasons:

-Some people are cowards in real life and use the internet to lash out at others while hiding behind their keyboards.
    -Some people actually have serious anger issues.
    -Some people have absolutely no patience with others; virtually every little thing that anyone else does annoys them like crazy and makes them go from sweet and nice to snarky b**** mode in 0.5 seconds flat.
    -Some people truly mean well, but their direct and "straight to the point" style of writing comes across as rude over the internet because no one can see their facial expressions or hear their tone of voice.
    -Some people are overly sensitive and take offense at virtually everything.
    -Some people were never taught how to communicate with others and disagree and debate with civility and grace; they interpret a simple disagreeing response as "being mean."
    -Some people are either a little slow or just too logical and literal and as a result, are incapable of detecting sarcasm.
    -Some people are a little boring and have no sense of humor and no appetite for comic relief.
    -Finally, some people are just plain rude, snarky, and negative all the time and they couldn't care less about social grace or being kind and considerate to others. They justify their behavior by saying things like "I'm just blunt. I say exactly what I think and don't sugarcoat the truth. That's just how I am and people just need to accept that." Funny thing is these people are blunt and honest with everyone but themselves; they're not willing to accept the "non-sugarcoated truth" that they're not blunt, they're just rude! :laugh:

Pretty sure I covered everyone there, myself included! :tongue: :laugh: