Barefoot in the office

Options
12346»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    This is in response to the unsanitary question:

I was at my podiatrist's office...and I heard her yelling at a teenage patient: "Don't ever walk around barefoot! There are wart viruses everywhere! That's how you got warts!" I'm assuming that she was talking about warts on his feet.

So yeah, I'm afraid of that now...and stepping on something sharp and rusty...and having to get a tetanus shot, b/c once I saw a guy at the beach with a giant nail stuck in the bottom of his foot. Yeah, I'm afraid of that too.

Thanks for answering - good luck to a podiatrist expecting someone in Australia to never go barefoot - like not even at the beach or a pool or in your garden.

Yes even at the beach there is the chance of stepping on something - but if your tetanus status is up to date, I guess that is just risk you take - I consider the risk to be minimal and manageable and I certainly wont be wearing shoes, even thongs, at the beach.

I am not sure of pathology of catching warts so cant comment on that one - but yes you can get plantar warts on your feet.
    Much more common to get warts on your hands though - and we don't keep them permanantly covered just to avoid catching warts.