Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 4

Options

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Currently I'm taking OxyElite Pro weightl oss supplement as an extra push. Sunday was my day one and so far no negative side affects .

I did though go to GNC and asked ALOT of questions and compared products. The employer admitted that the cheaper stuff like QuickTrim/ Jillian's Micheal stuff etc don't work. Than with the bigger names people don't buy them as much no more but the OxyPro Elite is their biggest seller because people on base (Ft Knox - military post) have seen great results with it.

So I decided what the heck! That's one reason I decided to start my second round of Insanity now because wouldn't make sense for me to take a pill and do some low cardio work and I need to use it to my advantage.

My husband went on bodybuilders.com and it's the one of the top ten products to use amongst all type of supplements for fitness/weightloss.

So I'm trying it out to see for myself if it works. =)

Let us know how it goes, and if it has any side effects. I'm all about the added help, like if you're using something temporarily to train yourself to eat less or something, or for and extra little push. But the taking a pill and sitting on your butt just bothers me lol.

Completely understand!! That was the old me expecting a pill to do most of the work and didn't do research/ask questions

But yeah on Day 4 and no negative side effects - no jitters, no staying up late, no rapid HR
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    It just got to me at work today because I was talking about how my shins were bothering me a bit today from running...and the replies I got were 'Screw that! Just go to the diet doctor and get some pills'. I'm like no! I want to be healthy. H-e-a-l-t-h-y. I'm not looking to be a size 2, I'm looking to be healthy and for my body to be strong and carry me many, many more years. Sitting on my butt flipping channels, whether I'm skinny or not, isn't gonna do that.

I just didn't like the upturned noses at anything suggesting a slight elevation in heart rate. Ya know?
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Having a bad day... and this is when I emotionally eat. Waiting for my bf to get here. I need a hug more than I need bad food!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Did 1.7mi today...cried a little when it was over cuz my shins hurt so bad, but I'll survive.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    One time my shins were REALLY sore and my husband didn't know. But had leaned on my left shin. OMG I just wanted to slap the crap out of him! LOL
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I started belly dancing again last night. Had lots of fun.

Have a great day!

Karen
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Have a great day!

Karen

Whoohoo!!! :laugh:
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Well today I've taken my large tumbler glass to work so I can make sure I'm getting all my water. It holds 600ml and so far I've drunk about 5 of them so that's 3 litres so far. Did a good 45 minutes of cardio last night - disco dancing, combat and jumping jacks, squats etc so hopefull this weeks weigh in will be a happy one!

xx
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    So, I did the Skinny Wednesday challenge!

I did a total of 70 minutes of cardio--including jogging for a total of 15 minutes. That's the first time I've jogged since I started being serious about working out. And I didn't die! Almost, but it felt really good. :smile:

And I drank 16 cups of water--pretty intense.

Thanks, Karen, for sharing that!

-Brittany
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Having a bad day... and this is when I emotionally eat. Waiting for my bf to get here. I need a hug more than I need bad food!

Awe, you'll be all right! Here's a hug for you: :flowerforyou:!

If you still want food...have some sweet berries or slices of apple and drizzle honey or a little peanut butter on them. Filling, healthy, and energizing. :smile:

Have a better day!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Brittany - great job! I managed 12 glasses of water, a 20 minute walk and an hour of belly dancing.

This morning I was so hungry on the way to work I stopped and got a tea biscuit and a cookie. I'm wearing the outfit in my picture today but it's so tight I am uncomfortable.
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Did 1.7mi today...cried a little when it was over cuz my shins hurt so bad, but I'll survive.

Rach - be careful you're not giving yourself shin splints (I hope I can give some helpful advice here as I'm a trained physiotherapist) - if you up your mileage too quickly then the muscles in the front of your shin can't keep up and they will give you HELL for it. If it's not too bad it's just a bit painful but worst case scenario you can actually give yourself stress fractures in your legs.
    Make sure you're not doing too much too quickly - allow your legs time to rest. And if it continues you might wanna get your foot position when you run checked out. If your feet aren't properly supported when you run then the problems that causes can travel all the way up your legs.

Hope that's helpful, and not meant to be a rant at all - I'll take my physio hat off now! Congrats on getting in to the running though and it looks like you're making great progress!!

xx
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Rach - be careful you're not giving yourself shin splints (I hope I can give some helpful advice here as I'm a trained physiotherapist) - if you up your mileage too quickly then the muscles in the front of your shin can't keep up and they will give you HELL for it. If it's not too bad it's just a bit painful but worst case scenario you can actually give yourself stress fractures in your legs.
    Make sure you're not doing too much too quickly - allow your legs time to rest. And if it continues you might wanna get your foot position when you run checked out. If your feet aren't properly supported when you run then the problems that causes can travel all the way up your legs.

Hope that's helpful, and not meant to be a rant at all - I'll take my physio hat off now! Congrats on getting in to the running though and it looks like you're making great progress!!

xx

I have good shoes with inserts that have helped a lot. I really think it's my form. I'm not pushing forward when I run, I'm kinda just falling onto my front leg, so the it's the impact is killing me. I have to focus on the way I run and doing it correctly to avoid injury, instead of focusing on how long or far I run right now.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Got all 8 glasses of water in today!!! First day in probably years. :laugh: I had a little help from Crystal light on the go this morning to get my started. After that I'd force myself to down a cup at a time because sipping just doesn't do it for me. I've gone pee a bazillion times, but I did it!!!

Great job! My favorite water (I drink it all the time) 20oz water, half to a whole lemon squeezed in and a packet of Stevia! Super yummy, like lemonade almost, but better...without any calories :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: You should try it!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options

Ooooh, I know how that is. I get the worst shin splints EVER. They make me want to cry too.
    Read this it might help you too :flowerforyou:

http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/shin-splints.php
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Well, I hadn't intended to do the double water and double exercise challenge yesterday, but I think I doubled my exercise anyways. I did strength training in the morning (b/c I didn't get to it Tuesday night) and then I did my C25K run in the afternoon--in the rain!--and then......well, my boyfriend helped me exercise again after dinner. :blushing:

I am dog tired today, and already gave in when I saw some cookies somebody brought for the kitchen today. But I only had one...of each, which is still only 2! And now I'm pretty full and don't think I'll need my normal mid-morning snack before lunch, so the cookies will simply replace my morning snack.
  • RachVR6
    Options

Ooooh, I know how that is. I get the worst shin splints EVER. They make me want to cry too.
    Read this it might help you too :flowerforyou:

http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/shin-splints.php

Thanks! That was interesting. I think over-pronation is part of my problem. I noticed that when I walk, I set my foot down correctly but then I roll my weight inwards. Hmmm. I might have to retrain myself to walk correctly.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options

Awe, you'll be all right! Here's a hug for you: :flowerforyou:!

If you still want food...have some sweet berries or slices of apple and drizzle honey or a little peanut butter on them. Filling, healthy, and energizing. :smile:

Have a better day!

Unfortunately... this was yesterday and I let my emotions get the best of me :( Oh well.. today's a new day!
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies

So I swam laps last night for the first time since high school. I was supposed to do aquacise but all my friends bailed on me at the last minute. The old me would have used that as an excuse to sit on the couch with DH all night. The new me decided to go swim for 45 minutes! I was only able to get in 35 minutes worth before I died, but it was still a great workout. My eyes are burning today though, I think I need to buy some goggles if this is going to happen often!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Have a great day!

Karen

Nice!!! I went to some belly dancing classes before. It was fun. Hmmmm...maybe i should take it up again. :)